Best FREE app for workout programs - HOME WORKOUT!

So I have been downloading all these "free" exercise apps but once I get into them you can do a couple workouts and then they want you to pay for the rest.

Are there any 100% free (nothing to sign up for or pay for ever) that are good.

Looking for not just random workouts to pick from - I want it to suggest a say 4-6 week program that we follow.

We will be working out as a couple at home (twice a week). We have no equipment and no gym.

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    My friend introduced me to Fit On, there's a bunch of workouts that are free, most can be done without equipment though some use weights or bands, plus there's advanced stuff you can pay for. I've been doing the yoga workouts at the end of my daily workout. YouTube is a great resource, there's Fitness Blender, Yoga by Adriene, and Leslie Sansone among many other options.
  • Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Interesting - I used to love SWORKIT but not it's a paid service - boo.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    JeFit. Totally free with hundreds of programs to pick from. Or you can make your own. I love it.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited February 2020
    No offense, but do you expect someone to pay for the work you do? To me it is unrealistic to expect a fitness professional to go to the time, effort and expense to put out a free" app.

Now maybe through advertising, enticing one with free stuff hoping people will ultimately pay for a subscription, data minting, etc the professional may be getting compensation that the end user doesnt see but ain't nothing free.

Fitness professionals have to eat too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited February 2020
    I am a little confused given your earlier post stating that you weren't likely to stick to an at home workout program?

HASFIT have free videos but like most sites ( and as @theoldguy1 rightfully says) charge for the programs.

It's not too complicated to put your own program together from the videos though, when I started out, I used their https://hasfit.com/workouts/home/easy-beginner/15-minute-low-impact-cardio-workout-for-beginners/
    amd https://hasfit.com/workouts/home/easy-beginner/strength-training-workout-for-beginners/

The beginner strength training can be done with water bottles or canned goods.