Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• natsunekko wrote: »
    I lost 10 lbs!!!! I started in early January at 238. After hovering at 228.5 for two days, today the scale said 228! :)

So, my family's old way of celebrating achievement was ice cream. Clearly that tradition needs to change! What do ya'll do to celebrate?

I do something nice for myself. Usually because of the way I roll, that's buying myself a new book I've wanted. Other people go have a manicure or a spa treatment. At 25 pounds lost, my boyfriend is going to buy me a new purse. I don't know whether it will be Coach or Dooney and Burke or what, but it will be a GOOD purse.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Down one bra size! I really wanted to lose some breast volume in this, and it's a relief to do so; I started as a 40 F.

I feel your pain and am also hoping to get the girls to a smaller size. I am currently a 38H it is so painful.
  • takera16
    takera16 Posts: 23 Member
    I started tracking again in Jan. It's been up and down since then. But this is a new week. I need support other than planning non-food wins for myself. I need a sticker chart like a little kid lol. 🤣

Jan 6 - 279.8
    Jan 13 - 284.2
    Jan 21 - 277
    Jan 27 - 280.4
    Today - 278.6

So back on track but not very far. I always seems to have 1 heavier week out of the month regardless of my eating or exercise. Headed to yoga tonight, trying to get back to exercise without aggravating my stupid disc issues.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    takera16 wrote: »
    I started tracking again in Jan. It's been up and down since then. But this is a new week. I need support other than planning non-food wins for myself. I need a sticker chart like a little kid lol. 🤣

Jan 6 - 279.8
    Jan 13 - 284.2
    Jan 21 - 277
    Jan 27 - 280.4
    Today - 278.6

So back on track but not very far. I always seems to have 1 heavier week out of the month regardless of my eating or exercise. Headed to yoga tonight, trying to get back to exercise without aggravating my stupid disc issues.

Your numbers are crazy all over the place! Are you weighing at the same time every week? I weigh every Saturday morning before I eat or drink anything to get my true weight/weight loss.

As for non food wins, a sticker chart could work! Lol. I love seeing physical representation of my loss. Or you could buy yourself a lil something something you like. Like a lip gloss or some sunglasses. A cute tshirt.
  • takera16
    takera16 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm probably going to use clothing. i try to weigh in at work on a monday morning right when I get there at 730. It's a little tricky to weigh in at home I have no uncarpeted flat surfaces in the house. Some weeks are worse I think due in part to A) I ate all the things b) hormones. I always have 1 chub week in a month no matter what I do. The highest was a midday weigh. I forgot until lunch time to check in.
  • @DaniMerc72: We all have these days. You're doing just the right things. We pick up and keep going because tomorrow is a new day. Consider yourself hugged!
  • @celticck77: Have you tried night splints for plantar fasciitis? That's what fixed mine.
  • celticck77
    @theleadmare: yes I have. =The pain will get so bad that I have to take it off - which means little to no sleep at night. I have also used them while I am relaxing at night in my recliner, that hurts less but there is a limit to the time I can handle. Thank you for the reminder as I have not used them in a little while. I may just do that tonight.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    Today is my 1000 calorie day and so far, no grumpies. Check back with me at 4pm lol. It's probably because I ate so much last night. Once a week I do a day where I only eat 1000 calories to make up for any days where my deficit may not have been so great and to keep my metabolism on its toes. It's the worst day of the week. i hate it 😂😂
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Starting weight
    1/1/20 211.4 pounds

today weight
    8/1/20 =209 pounds = 2.4 loss
    15/1/20 = 205.6 pounds = 3.4 loss
    23/1/20 = 207 pounds = 1.4 gain
    29/1/20 = 205.4 pounds = 1.6 loss

Total January Loss = -6 pounds :)

3/2/2020 = 204.8 pounds = 0.6 loss
    10/2/2020 = 200 pounds = 0.8 loss

Another little loss, better than a gain but thought with the added exercise i am doing this month that it would have been more of a loss.... Still cant complain it is a loss :)
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Hi all. I just stumbled in and meet the requirements. Can't tell you my actual current weight as I attempted to weigh this morning but my stupid scale is broke. :neutral: So last weigh in I was at 241 on 2/6. I want to lose the weight for a number of reasons but the main one is my knees. I love to walk and right now I am not able to walk a mile without starting to hurt. And that SUCKS!!! for me anyway. So here I am and will be checking in at least once a week with y'all so you know how I am doing. :)

I'm with you on the knees (and ankles, and feet, and back...)! They say each pound of weight that you lose will reduce the load on your knee joint by 4 pounds, so it seems like they should start feeling better soon!
  • bellanbear
    bellanbear Posts: 34 Member

Jan 1: 222
    Jan 8: 219.2
    Jan 15: 216.4
    Jan 22: 214.2
    Jan 29: 212.4
    February Goal Weight: 207 lbs
    2/3/2020: 212
    2/10/2020: 209.8
    2/17/2020:
    2/24/2020:
    2/29/2020:

I haven't posted in a while. I started working out with a Trainer, we will be working out 2 days a week and 3 days week on the treadmill. As this is the first week with the Trainer I am hoping that there will not be a big weight gain when I weigh in on Monday.

• bdashnay
    bdashnay Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! I hope it’s not too late to join. I’m looking for some inspiration as I’ve been lacking lately, and a nice fresh start. I’m 31 and weight 247. My highest about 6 years ago was 260. I’m determined not to let myself get any higher. I had two children in the last 2.5 years and want my body back as I’m not having anymore! My maternity leave is over in April and I’m wanting to go back to work with some healthy habits so I can have a smoother transition.

I currently chase around a 2.5 and 1yr old, play dodgeball 1x/week, take my kids to gymnastics 1xweek (and run around), and will be taking my kids to an indoor swimming pool 1x/week. I’m hoping with these activities and really trying to track my calories, I will start to see some changes on the scale.

I’m looking forward to getting to know you all and being on this crazy journey together!
  • celticck77
    The rest of this week is going to be hard. I am going to be stuck sitting for 10 hours a day, I was going to bring my resistance bands to work but forgot them. I'll have to remember them tomorrow... ooo maybe my mini cycler too.