When did you notice a change in your body?

Options
What weight did you start at? And how many poinft lost before you were able to see a difference?

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    It is going to be different for everyone. I noticed after about 10-15 pounds as my pants were looser. I think the more you have to loose the longer it takes to notice. Just keep going, the results will come.
  • janetm67
    janetm67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think my starting weight was 156. I've dropped five pounds and today I've noticed that my pants are fitting better so I'm going to say for me 5 lbs.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I notice a specific difference around 23 kilograms above goal weight. Above this weight when I am naked my stomach can touch my legs sometimes. Below that weight, that rarely happens. The difference is quite noticeable. I've been at goal+24 a few times recently so I notice things changing by just a few kilograms.

When I run my body gets hot and my thighs start rubbing together, causing chaffing. I don't remember the exact weight when this stops, maybe goal+18. So I expect that to happen soon.

As said above, pants becoming less tight and necessitating the use of drawstrings, which I don't bother with right now. Maybe goal+20.

I've got a weeping sore that comes and goes, it's caused by rubbing and lack of ventilation where my thigh meets my torso. I expect that to disappear in 5 kg.

In the shower I can look down and see my stomach get smaller. This is noticable after about 2-3 kg. In the mirror I look at the bulge of my stomach, side on. It gets much flatter around goal+20.

So between goal+16 and goal+24 kg there are quite a few changes. But I don't expect any other major changes below goal+16 with the exception of general getting smaller, being able to wear my jeans at goal+5 and my breasts disappearing somewhere between goal weight and goal+7.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 5’2” and weighed 150lbs. I started lifting and saw a several inch drop off my waist and hips. I have only lost about 5 pounds but the lost inches make a big difference in the way I look. I don’t know how long it took to lose all those inches but I noticed after a year.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    for me going from over 300 lb to about 270 was REALLY noticeable for me. It meant fitting better into clothing, chairs, booths in restaurants, no swelling ankles or foot pain, no breathlessness, etc.

Then I didn't really notice a ton of changes until I was down to the 200-220 range. I started noticing a lot of things were different such as being able to cross my legs in a different way (much more easily and I guess you could say "tightly crossed"?), feeling bones in places I hadn't felt them before...stuff like that.

Now I'm at top of 160s-170 range and still think the biggest most noticeable changes for me were at those two points.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    No one seems to have noticed the weight loss yet but my jeans now fall down if I don't wear a belt so I guess I'm doing something right :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    No one seems to have noticed the weight loss yet but my jeans now fall down if I don't wear a belt so I guess I'm doing something right :D

People may notice, but talking about someone's weight is generally frowned upon. I lost 40 Lbs and went from being just over the line of obese with a big gut and moobs to a leanish 15% BF and muscles and I can count on one hand the number of people who ever said anything and I look like a completely different person.