Have you Tried...?

Replies

• Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    bwrabbit11 wrote: »
    I've made a couple of different versions of Chaffles so far...one with almond flour and mozzarella, one with coconut flour, and this morning an almond flour and cream cheese version. I really didn't taste too much egg. Going to do egg whites in the next batch. Really nice being able to take a turkey, swiss, lettuce "sandwich" with me today. 😁

I went and made the recipe (egg and mozzarella) for a regular sized waffle and tried it out. I added a tiny bit of vital wheat gluten and let it cool down after it cooked to use as a wrap. I made some beef flavored with some Mexican spices and man it was almost like a chalupa wrap. Held together quite well. I thought it was better to be honest. I think xanthan gum may do the same thing if someone is afraid of gluten, but I didn't have any in stock.
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    I have some shiritaki noodles in my cupboard, but I've been hesitant to try them. But what's the worst that can happen? :D There is a recipe for keto bread that you make in a mug (I use a cereal bowl) in the microwave for 90 seconds. I like the simplicity of this and I've topped it with sauce & mozz for a personal pizza.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Cloud bread was my staple for bread replacement during the summer last year. I've got some in the freezer from the end of last year.
    I really like fathead pizza made with coconut flour though my son wasn't so keen on the coconut in it.
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    After41 wrote: »
    chelny wrote: »
    I have some shiritaki noodles in my cupboard, but I've been hesitant to try them. But what's the worst that can happen? :D

Rinse them over and over and over. When you think you rinsed them enough, do it several times more. Then throw them in the trash. 🤪

LOL! This is what I've heard.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    fdpirrlwogvn.jpg
  • dawnz75
    krlw9xint64r.jpg
  • dawnz75
    Basic Chaffle recipe.
  • dawnz75
    Still loving Chaffles 2-3 times a week, but then I saw the video below and thought it looked pretty amazing. Anyone try this yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwchOCdzzc
  • bwrabbit11
    bwrabbit11 Posts: 10 Member
    This is something I definitely will try. 😋
  • Jdieball
    Jdieball Posts: 15 Member
    I just have been on Keto for a month. I just tried this for the first time - Rebel Keto Ice Cream. It wasn't very good to tell you the truth. The texture is weird. Has anyone had other flavors they thought were good? https://rebelcreamery.com/products/cookies-and-cream
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I love the So Delicous ice creams - some of them are higher carb than others, but they all taste good...they aren't labeled "low carb" but they are made with a variety of alternative milks so some are lower carb than others...though, I think their lowest ice cream is still like 12g of carbs per serving, so still might be out of scope depending on how often you indulge or target carbs.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    bwrabbit11 wrote: »
    I've made a couple of different versions of Chaffles so far...one with almond flour and mozzarella, one with coconut flour, and this morning an almond flour and cream cheese version. I really didn't taste too much egg. Going to do egg whites in the next batch. Really nice being able to take a turkey, swiss, lettuce "sandwich" with me today. 😁

I'm glad to see this, I made one for the first time the other day and it was too eggy for me, but I've heard you can sub 2 egg whites for 1 whole egg and it gets rid of the super egg taste.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Also >> Atkins Peanut Butter Cups. 2 net carbs per 2 cups, and I usually just throw one in my work bag to get me through that afternoon slump. They're delicious to me and not overly sweet like some Keto-friendly treats are.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I tried chaffles...not a fan...my daughter loved them...but I found them to be kind of meh...they didn't hit that waffle spot...
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    I tried their chicken pizza crust. I tried their coconut flour tortillas. I absolutely despise KetoConnect.
  • NCSophie
    NCSophie Posts: 20 Member
    Jdieball wrote: »
    ..I just tried this for the first time - Rebel Keto Ice Cream. It wasn't very good to tell you the truth. The texture is weird...
    I've tried several of them and like them all. As far as the texture goes you really need to let them soften a bit before eating, makes a world of difference.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    After41 wrote: »
    I tried their chicken pizza crust. I tried their coconut flour tortillas. I absolutely despise KetoConnect.

Coconut flour tortillas are disgusting IMO. I've tried multiple recipes. BLARG! :sick:
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    b3vmbrxw1mp3.jpg