WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Al caught up with reading the posts. Have been eating salad a lot the last 2 weeks. It seems to be the only way to stick around my calories goal. The stuff I snacked on at son's tonight went under supper as I had an orange, some hamburger helper and leftover potato salad. No gym today. Sat. is my weigh in day as I go early in the a.m. and then use the gym.
    Not even going to comment on best friends, husband, etc. as I am ALONE and like it that way most days. Friends have not kept in touch and it seemed like I was interrupting them when I called. One even moved and I never knew it until her husband died.
    Hope you all have a good night.
    Marianne-WV
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    @machka - love the description of the filling falling out. From recent experience I will say don’t leave it too long.

I don’t have a lot to say tonight. I have read and caught up.

I do have to say it was nice driving to work this morning as there was blue skies and I noticed blue in the sky at 630 tonight still.

Can’t wait for more daylight!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Good Thursday!
    Ginny- By your weather conditions, I would say you are close to me. It was sleeting when I left training, switched to rain as I got back to work, then became a really wet snow. Right now the rain took back over but haven't been outside to see if icy. Be careful going to work! Etiquette has gone out the window! I don't like when people comment on weight unless asked. I just don't feel it is appropriate. Great job though that someone said you were skinny! :) Great choice on food.

Diane-Welcome! Check in often!

Karen in Virginia- sounds like fun! I loved Ford vs Ferrari.

I had started typing last night but then my daughter called and poof it disappeared! I just didn't have the energy to start over. Husband wanted me to come sit with him, even offered to change channel. Really didn't want to, but did. His phone rang. After 15 minutes of listening to him talk on phone and trying to stay awake, I came back in and went to bed. Slept almost 8 hours. Guess I needed it.

Have a safe day wherever you are!
    Make the best choices you can at the moment, you are worth it!

<3
    Kylia in wintry mix Ohio

Ps. You amaze me. I love the emoticons, spoilers, and running lists. One of these days I may figure out how to do that. ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited February 2020
    kymarai wrote: »
    Ps. You amaze me. I love the emoticons, spoilers, and running lists. One of these days I may figure out how to do that. ;)

It's all in the icons above where we post. :)

367874y0hd95.png

• Type something.
    • Select it with your mouse.
    • Click one of those icons.
    • And voila! :)

Oh and if you want colour, you can do that too with a limited number of colours.

It's [ color=red ] your words [ /color ] without the spaces.

I think these colours work:
    grey
    blue
    fushia
    red
    green
    orange
    brown
    cyan
    yellow
    pink
    purple
    indigo

I'm not sure if other colours work ...

salmon
    chocolate
    teal
    gold

OK cool ... so it looks like we might have the full set. :)

olive
    maroon
    lime

And let's try a hex #
    cornflowerblue

Anyway, if you click quote to quote me, you should see all the code for what I've done. :)

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    morning ladies~
    slept well.. UGH I am up having my tea and my stomach is rolling as Mary has her interview today for a job and Aimee just asked if I would be a referrance for her.. that leaves me in a pickle because if they both leave, that leaves me.. and I wont and cant handle that stress...I have to find something after I get back from vacation and I want to go and enjoy and not worry about a job..I am getting a little anxious now..
  • grandmallie
    edited February 2020
    Okie I was on indeed all day yesterday.. there isnt much out there.. and right now I am trying to focus on enjoying my vacation..
    But you are right I need to find something less stressful.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    amen Machka
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Waiting for the cleaner to arrive. I've been tidying up for her. ;) Really I don't want her to waste her precious two hours doing things I do as routine.
    Then I'm off for a dental check up. I don't think there is anything wrong, but they always want to do something to the broken tooth that has been fine and stable for years. If it don't hurt don't fix it. They always mention the insides of my cheeks as they are scarred by me lying on my front to sleep and pressing against the teeth. Plus I easily get blood blisters which turn to ulcers. But I've been like that for ever.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Good morning everyone.
    Diane-please keep coming back.
    Today I have to take neighbor to get her glasses. First I may go for a walk. It's 52 out now with a high of 53. We're having a heatwave. Definitely have to go to gym today as I watched my grands yesterday and never made it. I think my legs appreciated the break.
    Well, I better start my day. Enjoy the day.
    Marianne-WV