Your Best Quick Salad Dressing Recipes

ladyzherra
ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
I love a quick salad.

I have a favorite, super quick and easy (and very tasty) dressing recipe and would love to hear yours. Here's mine:

In the bottom of a salad bowl I put about 2 tablespoons of hummus (I like garlic or red roasted pepper), a splash of virgin olive oil, the squeeze of one lime, a couple squirts of honey mustard, a spoonful of relish, and salt and pepper. Stir. Add in your salad stuff and mix.

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I grow lots of fresh herbs - once a week or so I use a few bunches of whatever grows best, take onion, red peppers, pickled cucumbers - sometimes a bit of chilies - or garlic - or ginger - or lemon zest - or whatever comes to my mind - and chop it roughly in the food processor with some vinegar: apple or red or white or rice vinegar or aged vinegar. Fill up in a glass jar and store in fridge. Use this as a base with plain yoghurt or mustard or cottage cheese or fresh vegetable juice or just as it is. Easy - peasy.
  • Artsgolfwidow
    Artsgolfwidow Posts: 8 Member
    I do a little evoo. Red wine vinegar and salt and pepper. I’m going to try some of these.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I'm a fan of simple and fresh. The juice of one lemon, 1 T EVOO, 1T any fresh herb if I have it or 1t dried oregano if I don't, salt and pepper. My salad usually includes fresh tomatoes and feta cheese. When this dressing combines with the juice of the tomatoes and the feta, it becomes so creamy and wonderful.
  • slappy01uk
    slappy01uk Posts: 12 Member
    Balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic

Shake and enjoy!

Yummo😎

I think I will try this but swap the olive oil for chilli Oil to give it a bit of a kick
    Thanks
  • annamdiaz6251
    annamdiaz6251 Posts: 1 Member
    My go to dressing is a tablespoon each Dijon mustard and lemon juice, 1/3 cup evoo, chopped shallots, fresh ground salt and cracked pepper. So yummy.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    This is the simple Indonesian Lalab dressing I keep in the fridge to throw together a tomato side salad to go with Asian food. I leave out the oil.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pisangsusu.com/442-lalab-with-tomato/amp/
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Simple but effective - Lemon Juice & Black Pepper
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Thai-inspired Peanut butter sauce (on anything) but fun for salads too...

3 cloves garlic (or to taste)
    1" fresh ginger, chopped
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup coconut cream
    1 tbsp soy sauce (or preferred substitute)
    1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
    1 tbsp molasses (or preferred substitute)
    1 tsp hot sauce (optional or to taste)

Thin out, as desired, with water

Yield: approx 3/4 cup
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I do quick salad dressings (1 serving) a few times a week.

Quick balsamic (90 cal): 6 g olive oil, 6 ml balsamic vinegar, 4 g Dijon mustard, 3 g light mayo, sprinkle of minced garlic (fresh or dried), salt, pepper, oregano.

Quick coleslaw-style dressing (100 cal): 1.5 oz nonfat Greek yogurt, 14 g light mayo, 5 g Dijon mustard, 15 ml apple cider vinegar, 5 g honey, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little celery salt if I have it.

Quick ranch: 1 oz nonfat Greek yogurt, 10 ml white vinegar, .5 tsp ranch seasoning, extra black pepper and minced dried garlic.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    I am writing all of these down. Thanks for this great thread <3
  • acpgee
    Simple but effective - Lemon Juice & Black Pepper

This is similar to Cambodian lime and pepper sauce.

https://kampotpepper.gives/index.php/tuk-meric-cambodian-pepper-sauce/

Great on fried eggs, steak, fish.
  • acpgee
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Thai-inspired Peanut butter sauce (on anything) but fun for salads too...

3 cloves garlic (or to taste)
    1" fresh ginger, chopped
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup coconut cream
    1 tbsp soy sauce (or preferred substitute)
    1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
    1 tbsp molasses (or preferred substitute)
    1 tsp hot sauce (optional or to taste)

Thin out, as desired, with water

Yield: approx 3/4 cup

When you have this on salad, it is often known as one of Indonesia's national dishes, gado gado.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gado-gado
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Thank you, acpgee! I didn't know that! A trip to Indonesia is in order then.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Love this thread! My go-to is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, minced garlic and typically whatever green herb I have on hand (parsley, basil, chives, sometimes even dill). Goes very well with feta and fresh mozzarella (and any veggie mix). My daughter likes to make it and "dip" her greens in it.
  • cowboyup83
    cowboyup83 Posts: 2 Member
    Simple, greek yogurt and a packet of ranch dressing. Some almond milk to thin it.
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    My go to is a packet of Good Seasons italian dressing made with balsamic vinegar (2 extra tablespoons) and flax seed oil.