30 kgs for the summer

Hi guys!

Starting today my journey - this journey because I’ve been trying to lose weight my whole life. Starting weight: 91kg. I’m a 6’4 female and I am in my early 30s. It’s not gonna be easy, but that’s close to the heaviest I’ve been and I’ve lost weight before.

My goal is to lose 30kg in the next 5 months. I know it sounds like a lot, but that’s 6kg/month and I feel is doable. Unlike other people, big goals are a huge motivator for me.

I will be posting my progress daily both here and on my feed. Please feel free to add me as a fried if you want to join me in this journey l. Let’s motivate each other!

I’ll come back later today with updates.

Enjoy your day, guys, and stay strong!

Replies

• andy622014
    andy622014 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi
    I have been trying all my life to lose some weight and have done quite well but now find i am slowly putting it back on. I started off at 120kgs and managed to get down to 85kgs and then kind of thought i did well and started letting go a bit and now am back up to 103.8kgs.
    I am off to the UK in August and really want to be thinner before i go.
    I am not a superstar when it comes to technology so don't really know if this message will even go thru - dunno what a feed is and how to get on or follow but i think i know enough to kind of see responses.
    Good luck with your journey - I am gonna also make notes of my progress
    Take care
  • 30kggoal
    30kggoal Posts: 9 Member
    Hi None_Mouse,

Yes, I mistyped my height. I’m 5’45 (1,64m).

I appreciate your concern, however for me losing 1 to 1,5kg/week is not a stretch when you are 30kg overweight and relatively young. Don’t worry, I’m planning on losing weight the healthy way this time around. I’m not on any restrictive diet like low carb, keto, etc. I’ve done those before, lost loads of weight and put all back and more once the diet was over.

I’ll be eating carbs, protein, veggies, fat, sugar, everything. I am focusing on calories intake and exercise. If I don’t lose 30kg until July it’s completely fine. As long as I keep on losing weight.

Small goals don’t work for me, because I feel I don’t work as hard and I relax once I achieve them. So that’s why I’ve decided to try big this time. And I won’t stop until I’ve reached my goal.

I have no intention of starving myself and please anyone reading this, don’t do that. I’m not putting pressure on myself and you shouldn’t either. Again, after loads of trials and erros, that’s me trying to be successful this time around, taking on board what I’ve learnt. However if big goals make you anxious, try baby steps instead. We’re all different and what works for me might not work for you and vice versa.

I’ve decided to post here as this might motivate someone else and also to motivate myself on the days I’m feeling down (we know these will come). I feel that reading this would help take me back to a positive mindset.

Please feel free to share your experiences as well, your strategies, your achievements and your failures. There’s no perfect journey and we should just try to do our best and keep ourselves accountable when we don’t.

Have a nice day everyone! I will be back later :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    May I ask how many calories a day you plan on eating?
  • 30kggoal
    Hi @snowflake954 ,

I am planning on eating around 1500 calories/day and burning 400 to 500 calories working out (jumping on a mini trampoline, cycling and practicing yoga).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    30kggoal wrote: »
    Hi @snowflake954 ,

I am planning on eating around 1500 calories/day and burning 400 to 500 calories working out (jumping on a mini trampoline, cycling and practicing yoga).

Way too aggressive. You will be losing lean body mass as well as fat. You should be eating about 1400 calories per day AND all of the exercise calories you burn so, with your info, you should be eating close to 1800.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    OP, please know that no one is trying to discourage you, we just want you to avoid the traps we've all fallen into and do it right once and for all. Check out these posts when you get a chance, many of us learned so much from them!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    30kggoal wrote: »
    Hi None_Mouse,

Yes, I mistyped my height. I’m 5’45 (1,64m).

I appreciate your concern, however for me losing 1 to 1,5kg/week is not a stretch when you are 30kg overweight and relatively young. Don’t worry, I’m planning on losing weight the healthy way this time around. I’m not on any restrictive diet like low carb, keto, etc. I’ve done those before, lost loads of weight and put all back and more once the diet was over.

I’ll be eating carbs, protein, veggies, fat, sugar, everything. I am focusing on calories intake and exercise. If I don’t lose 30kg until July it’s completely fine. As long as I keep on losing weight.

Small goals don’t work for me, because I feel I don’t work as hard and I relax once I achieve them. So that’s why I’ve decided to try big this time. And I won’t stop until I’ve reached my goal.

I have no intention of starving myself and please anyone reading this, don’t do that. I’m not putting pressure on myself and you shouldn’t either. Again, after loads of trials and erros, that’s me trying to be successful this time around, taking on board what I’ve learnt. However if big goals make you anxious, try baby steps instead. We’re all different and what works for me might not work for you and vice versa.

I’ve decided to post here as this might motivate someone else and also to motivate myself on the days I’m feeling down (we know these will come). I feel that reading this would help take me back to a positive mindset.

Please feel free to share your experiences as well, your strategies, your achievements and your failures. There’s no perfect journey and we should just try to do our best and keep ourselves accountable when we don’t.

Have a nice day everyone! I will be back later :)

Well that only comes across a little condescending.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I know a fair bit more about healthy weight loss than you do, and you are setting yourself up for a fall. Your calorie goal is what is restrictive.

And FYI, I started with nearly 30 kg to lose too. Age is not the factor you seem to think it is. Perhaps you've done short bursts of losing 1.5 kg a week and that's why you think it's fine and sustainable. It's not. It's only an acceptable rate of lose for those who are morbidly obese and under a doctor's supervision, because their weight itself is more of a health risk than a period of rapid lose to get it down more quickly.

At your current weight, you could lose at 2 lb (~1 kg) a week for a short time, like a month, then dropping to 1.5 lb (~700g), then 1, as your weight lowers.
  • 30kggoal
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone, I really appreciate it.

I’ve lost 24kg before, I’m not new to this. I put back on 5 years later due to emotional issues - left my country for my master’s, fell in love and had to decide between stay with my now husband or go back home to an unhealthy mother. Chose the husband, felt guilty and depressed and fell on the food trap again.

For the past 2 years, I’ve been dieting on and off and my lowest weight was 76kg, my heaviest 95,5kg. I’ve done keto, low carb, and everything else that was trending.

This time I decided to lose weight how I did the first time: eating healthy and exercising. Let’s wait see how it goes. I’ll do me and if I fail, I’ll try something else. I’m not afraid of failure and I learn from my mistakes.

Now, you calling me condescending from the top of your high horse is quite ironic.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Your current plan involves creating a 1500 calorie per day deficit (that's what it takes to lose 1.5 kg per week). Do you seriously believe that is healthy or sustainable?

But if you want to play Russian Roulette with your health, go ahead.
  • 30kggoal
    Your definition of success is not everyone’s. You are talking down on so many people right now trying their best and struggling... Seriously, guys... I really appreciate your concern, but you don’t have a monopoly on truth.
  • 30kggoal
    “Around one kilo per week is a safe amount to lose for most people”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.com.au/amp/2017/08/13/whats-a-safe-amount-of-weight-to-lose-in-a-week_a_23074202/

There you go. We can all find articles to back us up.
  • 30kggoal
    edited February 2020
    Read what I wrote.

I was a fat child and teeneger. When I was 19 yo, I lost 24kg and kept it off for 5 years. During 5 years, my weight fluctuated between 58kg and 61kg. Then, I had a difficult time and my weight jumped to 95kg in 2 years. Since then, I’ve lost 20kg with low carb, then put 10kg back on, then tried several diets with more or less success. Then decided not do anything. Yesterday, I felt I was ready to lose weight again. I weighed myself and got very upset when I realised that I was almost back on 95kg. I decided I would stop with trendy diets and do what I did back when I was 19: eat healthy and exercise. I set myself I big goal as I know how my mind works better than any of you. I stated that I will not starve myself and I used terms like “around”. I said I realise that 30kg sounds like too much, and that I won’t beat myself if I can’t do it. I really don’t think I’m doing anything crazy that will bring me to an emergency room and to be honest I think you’re really overreacting because you’re caught up on what is right for you. But you’re not me, and you don’t know me. I also have lost weight before, I also have been to doctors, I also have read loads about diets and healthy lifestyles. Again, I appreciate your concern but I would appreciate even more if you’d realise that there’s more than one way to verb a noun (cat lover here).

By the way, veteran posters might have a difficult time in life and put weight back on too. Noboy is exempt.