Who here is a carnivore like me?

Just looking to connect with my carnivore/ keto and primal friends.

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited February 2020
    My family owned a meat market. Been eating meat of all kinds all my life. Was weaned on NY strip steaks.

Ate mest every day when I was young Still eat meat in moderation at age 69, usually 2-3 days/wk usually, more to stay w/in my daily cal goal (and laziness) than due to any supposed health concerns, esp dince my cholestrol levels are well w/in normal levels.

However, I just cooked a rack of ribs that I'm still working on. Only eating 1-2 ribs/day and won't finish it for at least a couple more days. Fortunately, it keeps well in the frig and is easy 2 reheat in the microwave.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    How are you defining carnivore? I'm never really sure what people actually mean when referring to that diet (in humans).
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    How are you defining carnivore? I'm never really sure what people actually mean when referring to that diet (in humans).

Usually in the context which it's used, it's a diet where the person eats exclusively animal products. No fruits, vegetables, nuts, startches, etc.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

Usually in the context which it's used, it's a diet where the person eats exclusively animal products. No fruits, vegetables, nuts, startches, etc.

Ok, see that's what I thought but I wasn't quite sure. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Siberian2590
    Siberian2590 Posts: 57 Member
    I have been a veggie in years past and I think it was easier to lose weight then, but that was when I was 30ish and running 5 miles a day, so who really knows?

Now I do eat some meat, eggs, poultry, and fish and drink a lot of 1% milk.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

My brother gets into all sorts of these fad diets, and he's doing that one right now, though the one he's on supposedly re-introduces some veggies at a later point in the diet. We'll see how well he sticks to it. I'm rather skeptical on the whole thing; like others, I'd rather be an omnivore - I like my meats and animal products, sure, but I like my vegetables as well!
  • HCAs85
    HCAs85 Posts: 12 Member
    I enjoy meat.
    After doing some reading on the "Carnivore diet", I have decided to try one day a week where I only eat meat and eggs.
    While everyone goes "Meat Free Monday", I'm going "Meaty Mondays"!
    Not as a diet or a fad. I'm interested to see what my body does. And it sure makes meal planning easy!

Done 1 day so far. It wasn't too bad. I was worried about the blandness of it all, but I made it work.
    A lot of people reported unhappy stomachs, but I was fine.

Let's see...
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Lots of meat, fruit and veggies for me. I am lucky to have a small farm so we try to grow and raise most of what my family eats.
  • jburton39
    jburton39 Posts: 1 Member
    My husband and I are on our 7th day carnivore diet. I am doing eggs also and a little dairy. My husband is staying away from dairy because it really bothers him. Since starting, I have had so much energy and my appetite has decreased. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm down 3 lbs already. My husband is down over 6 lbs. We are doing about 2 meals a day, breakfast and late lunch. After that, we are really just not hungry. It's been liberating not having to plan for meals so much. It's been easy and satisfying.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    They did not mention the benefits of eating organ meats while on carnivore, but otherwise I thought they explained it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OmsKEWC10&t=12s

Disclaimer: I am not and never will be carnivore, but I don't cast shade on those who do it to manage their unique medical issues. Absent a medical necessity, I don't think it's a healthy way to eat.
  • drjackphd
    drjackphd Posts: 12 Member
    I'm an omnivore. I enjoy meat and vegetables all in moderaton though.
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    I’ve been a carnivore just over a year. Keto before that. I do still have a cheat meal once in a while.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    I’ve been a carnivore just over a year. Keto before that. I do still have a cheat meal once in a while.

Curious as to what your cheat meals would consist of.
  • karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    I had a chicken breast and brussels sprouts for dinner yesterday and lunch today. I'm doing Keto and finally reached the sweet spot where hunger is at bay. I can eat two eggs for breakfast, meat and a veg for lunch and dinner and I'm all set. I
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    They did not mention the benefits of eating organ meats while on carnivore, but otherwise I thought they explained it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OmsKEWC10&t=12s

Disclaimer: I am not and never will be carnivore, but I don't cast shade on those who do it to manage their unique medical issues. Absent a medical necessity, I don't think it's a healthy way to eat.

It's not a fart... chuckle chuckle...