WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Rori- congratulations on your unexpected windfall! Also take care of your foot! I know it is hard, but so important to allow time to heal.

Mariane- we all have those days with grands! Hugs!

😴
    Kylia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    The preplanned meal isn’t all leftovers I did not cook the canned corn to canned Blk beans or the onions.Their heated for the 1st time during microwave procedure. Only chicken precooked I slightly cooked the broccoli that way the last few minutes cooks it fully. More flavor that way

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2020
    Rita: It is wonderful to see your post. Stop by when you can. We won’t lecture you. :noway: :star:

(((Felicia)))

Rori: Sorry to hear your broken foot is making sleep difficult. I hope you can find a way to ease the discomfort and get your rest. :flowerforyou:.

Dim4mom: Welcome to a great group. Best advice: Let MFP set your calorie goals. As you lose weight the MFP program will reduce your allowable calories. Drink plenty of water in place of soft drinks or other high sugar beverages. If you drink coffee or tea and usually add sweeteners, try stevia clear instead of sugar. It is natural, with no calories or artificial chemicals. Stop by here often to give and get support. There are many very nice women here to help and encourage you. :flowerforyou:

We had a problem with our kitchen faucet and hot tap. Repairing the hot tap wasn’t possible, so we decided to replace both it and the kitchen faucet. We ordered online after a thorough search of local home improvement centers left us with no good choices. The new faucet and hot tap arrived, and today we had a local plumber install them. It is so great to have our kitchen functioning like new. We liked the plumber, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    That leg!💖

YES
  • KetoneKaren
    Machka Great advice & links.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,798 Member
    Rori You could have written this:

d018dv2i4thc.png

That works for people who have had severe traumatic brain injuries too. :)

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    "Todo"s and "done"
    Done: Shadow to vet for Heartworm test, Chiro, M$oft login fixed, carry over 10 mins cleaning Guest Bth, called CHN and left voicemail w/Dr for DEXA scan, emailed for support installing iCloud.
    Bonus: 42 mins deep clean Guest Bth, ½ load laundry.
    ToDo: BB&B, Freddie’s for hospitality vegs, bake something for Joe for Vday, invest 10 mins cleaning Master & Guest Bds, carry over 10 mins cleaning Dining Room, Living Room, Master Bth, follow up for DEXA scan appt, install iCloud for Win 10, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, bake bran muffins, call Carolyn D. Next week Shadow to Mini Pet Mart to shop for crate, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.
    Grayer and chillier today, got my down/uphill walk in anyway but not tempted to prune. Used Joe’s presence as an excuse not to vacuum, but instead deep cleaned Guest Bth.

Flea ((hugs))
    Rita miss you too.
    Karen in VA that one-eye-peeping-open pic of Lilliana makes me grin! The communication poster makes my heart ache for Rori and all who are coping with impaired mental capacity in loved ones.
    Amber, planned/prepped meals, YES!
    Rori ((hugs)) fingers Xd for DH’s stressless introduction to the club. So frustrating about your foot, sorry for the pain and the “rest and wait” rx.
    Rebecca Athena Rose :heart:
    Marianne this is the safe and understanding place to vent. How old are the grands? How often do you have them?
    Welcome @dlm4mom! Start with small plans e.g. to log food and walk 10 mins every day. After those become habits, add more strategies. Ditto Katla’s tips, especially check in here often for encouragement, wisdom, understanding. We can do this!
    Machka my calves are aching just reading about your 256 flights of stairs. Well done!

Way overindulged in red wine and chocolate while watching WKC working group on DVR. Saving Terrier Group and BIS for the weekend, but will enjoy with AF beer instead ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: better than January.
    daily: steps=3900 vits=10.5 log=13 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=8 Tumble 5/10=9 mfp=13 outside=9 clean 10 mins=8 up hill=14
    wkly: BB&B x3=5, rx=2 dance=3 pack walk=2
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= review 20for20=1
  • KetoneKaren
    Machka Yes!
  • KetoneKaren
    Heather Is today Bea's No. 4 Frozen cake day?
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Coldest morning of the year 13F. I think it may be the coldest this winter. No precipitation though.
    <3<3<3<3
    Happy Heart Day! Love your own by taking care of it. Show some love to those you love as well. Today is also my oldest grandsons birthday. Husband gave me 2 certificates for massages. Great choice since i can't have chocolate. I got him scratch off tickets and a card. <3<3<3

Not much else this morning from Ohio.
    Hugs to those struggling with health issues, deaths, or unexpected expenses.
    Congratulations for all the great decisions we make every day!
    Welcome to the new ladies!
    Thankful for you all!

<3
    Kylia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Flea - Hugs!!

Pip - When the teleporter is up and running I'd like to visit with Yogi. Perhaps he could come to me for doggie day care while you and Kirby work :wink: .

Marianne - Hugs!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    ========
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    Flea my heart goes out to you, I went through sorta the same thing with my dads estate.. he had a reverse mortgage and lived off social security and credit cards. it was a heck of a time for both my brother and I to deal with everything.. he was also on medicaid.. my brother was incarcerated for a bit , so we could have let the bank just take the house which would have been much easier, but we cleaned it out and sold it,for much less than it was worth because it needed so much work. we had to pay back the state first after the funeral which was quite a chunk of change. my brothers inheritance was less than mine because of his incarceration, and I put money into the place by paying for the electric,and oil for the oil tank,
    it took us almost 2 yrs to finalize it
    Michele I really cant afford to move anywhere other than where I am right now.. Connecticut has a higher pay range than Florida does
    I am praying every day to find a way to give myself a break and find a good job that I can finish out my career in, it sure isnt there....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,798 Member
    edited February 2020
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Not particularly looking forward to this coming week.
    I've been enjoying the long weekend even though most of what I've been doing is writing my exam.
    Tomorrow, all the busyness starts again ... one thing after the other all week long.
    Oh well ... one thing at a time.

I think I've made it through the busiest, most complicated morning of the week. The rest of the week is busy, but hopefully not quite so hectic.

Of course, the last thing we did this morning was stop for lunch, and on my way back from getting some napkins, I tripped and slammed my elbow into a high table and immediately slammed my arm down on the table trying to catch my balance. My right arm is quite sore now. But I'm moving it, so I'm sure nothing is broken ... probably just bruised.

Now I've got to figure out where I left off of work last Friday!

And what I'd really like to do is to take a nap ... but I don't get to take naps.

Last night was my cycling club's AGM ... the one for all the branches throughout the country. We do them online now so that part was good. I had one eye on Poirot on TV, one eye on my nails which I was doing, and I was sort of listening to the reports etc.

Right elbow area a little sensitive and more colourful than the left.

Today I'm trying to catch up on some work at work, then my husband and I are going to see a documentary about bees, and I've got to do a bit more work on my exam paper.

Didn't sleep very well last night ... stress.

Evening:
    Movie: How to Bee
    Dinner: Raincheck Lounge
    Dessert: Cold Rock

How to Bee http://howtobee.ca/
    When filmmaker Naomi Mark found her dad needed more help with his honeybees after being diagnosed with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) she asked him to start a project with her, she asked him to teach her about bees. How To Bee follows the journey of a father and daughter over three beekeeping seasons as he passes his knowledge on to her and they come to terms with his changing health.
    How To Bee is a celebration of life in all stages set against the unique backdrop of Canada’s North.

Raincheck Lounge https://rainchecklounge.com.au/
    I had the Veggie Burger!!
    Veggie Burger: Sweet potato and quinoa pattie, haloumi, avocado, house slaw, relish and mayo
    It was really good. :) The avocado was pretty much guacamole ... not slices ... so that was really nice.

Cold Rock A large quantity of delicious ice cream with add-ins as usual. :blush:

:confused: The one downside was that a slightly loose filling decided to break off and come out. A large one!! An annex has opened up in the left side of my mouth! My tongue has been busy measuring it for drapes and wondering if a new sofa will fit in there.
    I've got a decision ... do I get the tooth fixed now or wait till after my nose surgery? :neutral:

:grin: But my instructor has given us all several extra days to complete our exam papers!! Cool!

Machka in Oz

Peer Support Group
    Pilates
    Cycling Club AGM
    Bees
    Dinner Out
    Valentine's Day
    Work every day
    Exam paper in the evenings
    Walking
    Lots of stair climbing

I've made it through the week with a very sore right arm (almost wonder if I chipped something near my elbow), a broken tooth, and a whopping headache ... so not too bad!

Today was, of course, Valentine's Day. My husband and I exchanged cards and chocolate and then tonight, he came into town on the bus and met me at work.

Right near where I work, on Friday nights, a small park fills up with food vans offering a whole variety of foods from all over. This is the third or fourth summer they've done this and it seems to be popular. We try to go a few times and this was our first time this year. They've usually got music playing ... live bands ... and it's a friendly atmosphere. We were pleased to see that the paella van was back and had that ... then tried immense donuts, apple pie, and ice cream. My immense donut was a lemon drizzle and I successfully drizzled it all over my face, hands, dress, cardigan, and legs!! :lol:

It's a good thing I climbed all those stairs!

We timed it well so that we caught the last convenient bus out to our area. There are other buses later, but not so convenient.

I can sleep in a bit tomorrow, thank goodness.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    <3Happy Valentine's Day! <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Karen - No, Bea's birthday is in March, but I need to get arrangements sorted with my DDIL well ahead of time, otherwise they will order a cake. She was born on my father's birthday. ;) I will be up in London, staying the night with my difficult friend, a day or so before, so I need to get the cake made ahead of time and just do the icing on the day. The decorations will only take a second to put on, but I need to make two different colours of buttercream.
    Her unicorn sequin t shirt arrived today. :D I also bought a card yesterday when I went out to get a Valentine's card. I like to be organized! :p

Our Douro river cruise stuff arrived today. Don't have to pay the balance until the end of July.

Going to decide on some of the Norway excursions today as some are very limited numbers. Others can wait. The excursions are very expensive, depending on what they are, and the hours. We fancy an all day scenic train trip, but the cost is ridiculous. I want to do the RIB, but DH is worried about his back. I will go on my own. :D

We gave each other lovely cards this morning, I gave him Mon Cheri chocolates and he gave me a great book. I also gave him a music pillow for his sleepless nights. I have the hygienist this afternoon and we have planned a very fishy dinner with champagne. <3

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx