40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member

"22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 2! & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP 20”!!! 60#!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 & Core 1”=Done!!!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Happy Friday, Kids. Welcome to the newbies.

Feels good to be back to my typical training build to prep for my first race in April. My swim and bike fitness are on target, with run fitness just beginning to come around. That will get easier as I finally shed the last few lbs I gained during last year's layoff.

This is a high volume week, so I have an endurance swim tonight, then a long bike/run session tomorrow. Sunday is another swim followed by a long run. Next week is a recovery week in training, so my wife and I are heading to New Hampshire to do some snowshoeing and attend the Chocolate Festival in North Conway over the weekend.

I'm sure that the Choc Fest will be a test of my nutrition plan. :)

Stay Cool....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Another solid-ish week...food was over one day from the concert, and one day because the hungries just would not shut up, but at least that day I had lots and lots of protein which seems to have quieted it some.

All my weights are done this week - hack squats are still the devil, yo - and I'm still barely getting through them so not sure about increasing any next week...I think I'll give it another week and see if the struggle is less real.

Getting kidnapped with the girls this evening at some escape room thing - Happy Valentine's Day!!!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Wednesday I got in my chest/shoulders/tris day, and yesterday was back/bis. Tomorrow I plan to complete the sweep with legs/deads.

But first tonight I'm bugging out of work early so I can take my wife out to dinner before the crowds grow crazy, then we'll Netflix and chill with a bottle of wine and a "kids-fend-for-themselves" policy.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Today was leg day, meaning squats, deadlift and hack squats/hack calves.
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Chest & Tris"=Done! & "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1 Core 1”=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP 30”!!! 60#!!! (25# for shield lunges)!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Escaped the kidnapping with 2 min to spare...caught up workouts and cleaning Saturday...leaves Sunday...other than maybe a bit more wine that I really should have had, it was pretty on target!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start,Resistance 1 & Brute Force Blue Line Series MMA Cardio AMRAP 30 60#!!!”=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    CdnCmpr wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm Missy from Ontario and just turned 44. I was a member of MFP years ago when I had to get my weight back on track after having kids (please ignore the fact that they are both teens right now - smashes head on wall). I joined about 5 years back and lost 35+lbs....then our whole family took a 2 week vacation to Florida in Nov of '18 and had a blast, and I put on about 5-10lbs...not much, but then Christmas came and you know the story. The motivation just wasn't there.
    But now....there is a different story. At the suggestion of my Dr., I have gone off my acid reflux meds cold turkey; in turn, I have cut out most chocolate....ok, chocolate after dinner, to be honest, most sugar, bananas and other citrus fruit. I have also cut out alcohol during the week and have stuck to my intermittent fasting plan.
    So, yes....I'm a huge believer in intermittent fasting. I know many aren't, mainly bc they don't believe in it or think it's bad for you. That's ok....I'm not here to win you over on intermittent fasting. I just want to gain a few friends that can make this journey with me....maybe make weight loss a bit more fun. So, if we have something in common, feel free to add me and we can help each other!

I've been IFing 18 months now. I'm 16/8. I did a lot of research on it and found it helpful since I struggled eating in the morning.

Welcome back.
  • caramelgyrlk
    I'm squatted out today. The dogs and I enjoyed the warmer weather today.

Welcome newbies.

Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Back & Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 2!”=Done!!!
  • ashleybarnett74
    ashleybarnett74 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone I’m 45 and I’ve lost 7.5kgs since October 2019. Would have been more if I didn’t do my back for couple of weeks and people wanting me to drive them around all day and I miss doing workouts. Anyway at least I’m starting to see results now.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hope all is well kids. Needless to say I am so sore I can hardly think straight. No matter, because I will heat and ice...Heat and ice. No time for foolishness. Man I am pooped. Have a good night kids
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 1 Core 1 & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP 30 2!” 60#!!! (25# for shield lunges)!!!=Done!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Had a good week...all workouts done...heading to the beach for yard work this weekend, and going to pack the weights so I can keep everything on schedule...my biggest weakness at the beach is usually wine or whiskey, going to be good and stay out of both of those!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 2!”=Done!!!