Any other sumo orange lovers??

I am so excited that sumos are in season again! They are the best! My family calls them "ugly oranges." Sumos are definitely a great example of, "don't judge a book by its cover!"

Replies

• adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Loveeeee sumo oranges i have 1 a day nowadays when they are in season
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    adchak wrote: »
    Loveeeee sumo oranges i have 1 a day nowadays when they are in season

They are amazing! I don't even eat other citrus fruits anymore. They are seedless, easy to peel, sweet, juicy, etc etc. They are not cheap though. 😞 I spend $40+/week on sumos, my entire family is obsessed.!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I'll have to look into this. My kids and I love oranges and get different variety often, but never a sumo orange. Thanks for the tip!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    We all love'em, but at $2 apiece we haven't bought many this year.
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    I've never had one, nor ever noticed one in the stores by me...I'm going to have to look more closely!
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Thanks for the tip! I'm not familiar with Sumo Oranges. [I had to Google the name.] But I will now look for them in the grocery store.

As I read your post I was chomping down a couple of "Cutie" Clementines. Delicious! And only 40 calories each.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Ooh, I'll have to try these. At first glance I thought they were minneolas, but it appears they're different. I wonder if my grocery store will carry them. They're usually good about carrying a variety of fruit.
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    Analog_Kid wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip! I'm not familiar with Sumo Oranges. [I had to Google the name.] But I will now look for them in the grocery store.

As I read your post I was chomping down a couple of "Cutie" Clementines. Delicious! And only 40 calories each.

My children love love love Cutie's! We eat a ton of citrus in this house!!! 🍊