** Seeking Consistent Exercisers as Friends **

Hey guys,

My name is Jen, and I've been on MFP for a little over 8 years now.

In regards to working out consistency, I have spent the past 13 years going from having a dedicated workout ethic and getting to a healthy weight for myself (personal best at 127 lbs / 57kg / 9 stone on a 5'3 / 153cm frame), to gaining it all back when succumbing through some serious bouts of anxiety & depression.

For the past month, I have been going to the gym about 4-6 times per week, usually at 5:45am because the weight racks are typically empty then. I'll come back in the afternoons for classes ( yoga / zumba / tai chi / kickboxing ), and am typically in bed at 9pm to do it all over again.

I'm REALLY wanting to add some friends who are also consistently logging in some type of physical exercise almost every single day. MFP has changed a lot over the years, and it'd be great to have a feed where I feel inspired by the people I follow.

On my end, I don't really care what you're eating, and probably won't be looking at your food diary. So, if that kind of thing makes you uncomfortable, chances are you won't be getting any raised eyebrows from my direction ;)

Thanks for checking out my post, and hope to see you around! ^_^
~ Jen

Replies

• Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    My name is Jen too, and I'm a regular exerciser! Usually hit the gym 3xs a week in the early morning and then whenever I can squeeze something in on the others days.
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Nice to meet you, Jen! :smile: I'm sending a friend request your way! <3 Any moment available to try and work out can make a huge difference over time, so I'm glad you keep plugging away at it :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I'm a regular exerciser, I post my exercise to my newsfeed mostly but don't log any food or exercise as such any more - also been here 8 years, I've been in maintenance 7 of those 8 yrs, I'm 5ft 2, weight range 126-131lbs.

I'll send you an FR :) I'm Ruth from Northern Ireland btw.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Not sure if you'd want to friend me. I exercise 6 days a week, including running, strength training, high intensity classes
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I exercise everyday, many days are 2 a days. I only log my weight and exercise daily.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Hi, I'm Esther. I try to walk or use a fitness glider every day. I strength train with dumbbells five days a week (not full-body; I alternate between upper body/core and lower body).

I will be running this summer, training for my third 5k.
  • RhythmGypsi
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    Not sure if you'd want to friend me. I exercise 6 days a week, including running, strength training, high intensity classes

Hi there! That's an awesome amount of dedication that you've got going on there! I would love to add you as a friend, and cheer on all your great work! :)
  • RhythmGypsi
    Hi, I'm Esther. I try to walk or use a fitness glider every day. I strength train with dumbbells five days a week (not full-body; I alternate between upper body/core and lower body).

I will be running this summer, training for my third 5k.

Hi, Esther! Wow, I've never done a 5k before -- really impressed by your accomplishments! I can't wait to see all your progress leading up to your next race!
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    I don't log gym/weight days but I do log all the other exercise I get in. That said there are days on here that don't show me as doing any exercise at all and those are typically the days I'm at the gym. I try to do something active 6-7 days a week. If that works for you feel free to add me.
  • I aim for 6 days of fitness intervals a week, in a variety of cardio and resistance work. Been at it since 2017 consistently, and log it all. Studying to become a Certified Personal trainer, so it'd be nice to have more fitness-centric friends! :-) Anyone is free to send a friend request!
  • RhythmGypsi
    I don't log gym/weight days but I do log all the other exercise I get in. That said there are days on here that don't show me as doing any exercise at all and those are typically the days I'm at the gym. I try to do something active 6-7 days a week. If that works for you feel free to add me.

The fact that you're still out there and going for it is awesome! :) That warrior spirit is what I'm hoping to surround myself with, so I'm definitely sending you a friend request!

~ Jen
  • RhythmGypsi
    I aim for 6 days of fitness intervals a week, in a variety of cardio and resistance work. Been at it since 2017 consistently, and log it all. Studying to become a Certified Personal trainer, so it'd be nice to have more fitness-centric friends! :-) Anyone is free to send a friend request!

Congrats on your studies! Personal training is definitely an intense thing to learn, so it's awesome to meet more people who are making this be an important part of their lives. Very nice to meet you! :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Hi there! Another Jenn here! I work out 5-6 days a week weight lifting, and am now training for my first 5 k and sprint triathalon. Ive just started logging my workouts since upping my cardio, would love more fitness friends!
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Is this some jenn congregation or what

I’m a gym bruh and while I don’t log much I post updates and lifting selfie videos. You may add me if you want.
  • jeraldt6
    jeraldt6 Posts: 28 Member
    I would love it if everyone above would add me. I found myself at age 53 not looking or feeling the way I wanted and unable to do the activities I once enjoyed. Dec. 1 started my change and have been working out at least 5 days a week doing both strength and cardio. I love cycling and now rowing. I have serious goals to meet before Summer and goals for over the course of Summer. I have a few friends on MFP but would like more that are truely dedicated to maintaining and bettering their health through fitness. I try to post regularly. To have something to post, I have to achieve something. Via this, MFP friends motivate me.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    jeraldt6 wrote: »
    I would love it if everyone above would add me. I found myself at age 53 not looking or feeling the way I wanted and unable to do the activities I once enjoyed. Dec. 1 started my change and have been working out at least 5 days a week doing both strength and cardio. I love cycling and now rowing. I have serious goals to meet before Summer and goals for over the course of Summer. I have a few friends on MFP but would like more that are truely dedicated to maintaining and bettering their health through fitness. I try to post regularly. To have something to post, I have to achieve something. Via this, MFP friends motivate me.

@jeraldt6 - I may be in the wrong thread here, (since my name isn't Jen), but I can tell you that you're at the perfect age to make the changes you describe. I suffered from too much work stress, business travel and hours of mindless eating while stuck at a computer before making a change at 54 years old. Long story short: lost 45 lbs, resumed running, found passion for triathlon. Now 62 yrs old, over twenty tri's done, including IM. Next race is South Beach tri in April.

Would be glad to compare notes anytime.
  • RhythmGypsi
    Hi there! Another Jenn here! I work out 5-6 days a week weight lifting, and am now training for my first 5 k and sprint triathalon. Ive just started logging my workouts since upping my cardio, would love more fitness friends!

Holy cow, what a line up you've got there, lady! I am totally down to see your progress and transformations as you barrel towards your goals! Sending over a friend request now! :D
  • RhythmGypsi
    Is this some jenn congregation or what

I’m a gym bruh and while I don’t log much I post updates and lifting selfie videos. You may add me if you want.

Hahaha it's kind of amazing to see how many of my people are out and about in the world being gym baddies lol

Updates and selfie videos are awesome -- you're still out there doing your thing, and that's exactly the kind of content I wanna see. Thanks for reaching out; here come's a new friend your way! :D
  • RhythmGypsi
    jeraldt6 wrote: »

Totally admiring your dedication to yourself! You're going 10 weeks strong, and that's really great! I am excited to support you in your journey! :D
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Hi!
    I’d be happy to receive a friend request from you.
    I train typically 6 days a week for Triathlon so running, swimming, cycling and nowhere near as much S&C as I should do.

I’m currently shifting my ‘winter insulation’ (currently 127lb) to get back down to my race weight of around 121lb in time for summer races and my maintenance zone of 121-124lb. I’m 5’5 tall. Have been using MFP for a number of years and enjoy interacting with friends’ on their newsfeeds.