** Seeking Consistent Exercisers as Friends **

Hi everyone,

My name is Jen, and I've been on MFP for a little over 8 years now.

In regards to working out consistency, I have spent the past 13 years going from having a dedicated workout ethic and getting to a healthy weight for myself (personal best at 127 lbs / 57kg / 9 stone on a 5'3 / 153cm frame), to gaining it all back when succumbing through some serious bouts of anxiety & depression.

For the past month, I have been going to the gym about 4-6 times per week, usually at 5:45am because the weight racks are typically empty then. I'll come back in the afternoons for classes ( yoga / zumba / tai chi / kickboxing ), and am typically in bed at 9pm to do it all over again.

I'm REALLY wanting to add some friends who are also consistently logging in some type of physical exercise almost every single day. MFP has changed a lot over the years, and it'd be great to have a feed where I feel inspired by the people I follow.

On my end, I don't really care what you're eating, and probably won't be looking at your food diary. So, if that kind of thing makes you uncomfortable, chances are you won't be getting any raised eyebrows from my direction ;)

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I'm an (aging ;)) endurance athlete just returning from an injury that sidelined me last year. My swim/bike/run workouts are uploaded daily via my Garmin. I also practice yoga and strength train one day per week. My current training volume is 9-12 hrs weekly (6 days), increasing as the season progresses.

I don't log food much these days, since I follow a dietitian's plan to support my training. I would be glad to compare training notes and offer support if that's of interest.
  • effervescent11
    effervescent11 Posts: 39 Member
    I exercise daily. I log my food, but I don't share my diary, and I don't comment on other's diary either. I am fairly active on MFP, and try to comment and keep up with my friends. So if you're up to doing the same, feel free to add me!
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Hello Jen, I am Ngozi. I am maintaining and not losing. I do track, but my diary is closed. I workout 5-days a week Mon-Fri and off on the weekends. I post most of my workout, but do not use MFP to track. I am a Garmin user as well. I do like to interact with people and friends with or live encouraging comments on their feed. I do not comment on peoples diaries except workouts post and some other non fitness post. I am serious about my journey here and expect same from people I friend. If you still want to be friends after reading this, feel free to add me. Cheers! :)
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I'm an (aging ;)) endurance athlete just returning from an injury that sidelined me last year. My swim/bike/run workouts are uploaded daily via my Garmin. I also practice yoga and strength train one day per week. My current training volume is 9-12 hrs weekly (6 days), increasing as the season progresses.

I don't log food much these days, since I follow a dietitian's plan to support my training. I would be glad to compare training notes and offer support if that's of interest.

Garmins have been a tracker that I've been wondering about for a while -- do you like yours? :)

I am really happy to hear about your yoga practice! I feel like it has definitely helped me with my strength training, in the sense of being able to either do more reps or endure more weight.

Having well-rounded friends is very helpful on MFP :) Sending you a friend request now!
    ~ Jen
  • RhythmGypsi
    Hello Jen, I am Ngozi. I am maintaining and not losing. I do track, but my diary is closed. I workout 5-days a week Mon-Fri and off on the weekends. I post most of my workout, but do not use MFP to track. I am a Garmin user as well. I do like to interact with people and friends with or leave encouraging comments on their feed. I do not comment on peoples diaries except workouts post and some other non fitness post. I am serious about my journey here and expect same from people I friend. If you still want to be friends after reading this, feel free to add me. Cheers! :)

Hello Ngozi!

These Garmins are starting to sound like an interesting investment :) And I think it is fantastic that you are very devoted to your workouts. Although I already am doing this every day, I am hoping to develop a truly lifelong relationship with improving myself and seeing what I can do.

Sending you a friend request now! :)
    ~ Jen
  • RhythmGypsi
    I exercise daily. I log my food, but I don't share my diary, and I don't comment on other's diary either. I am fairly active on MFP, and try to comment and keep up with my friends. So if you're up to doing the same, feel free to add me!

Being able to have someone who is actively taking the time to reach out is a great thing. I'd love to have more friends who share this quality of yours! Sending a friend request now :)
    ~ Jen
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

Garmins have been a tracker that I've been wondering about for a while -- do you like yours? :)

I am really happy to hear about your yoga practice! I feel like it has definitely helped me with my strength training, in the sense of being able to either do more reps or endure more weight.

Having well-rounded friends is very helpful on MFP :) Sending you a friend request now!
    ~ Jen

Regarding Garmins: Almost every triathlete and marathoner I know (at least 50 people) wears a garmin. The reasons are battery life, ability to capture heart rate data, bike power data, foot strikes, swim strokes, etc, and to integrate that data to other apps, such as MFP and Training Peaks. With that said, I should also say that I'm referring to the multisport series devices, such as the 920, 735, Fenix, etc. These are not cheap devices and most "normal" people don't use or need these features. I will also say that in general the Garmin products are very, very good. Not cheap, but solid.

Yoga has been a game changer for me, both physically as well as enhancing my general well being. My MD made me promise to maintain a regular yoga practice if I wanted his approval to continue triathlon training.

Don't know if I'm well rounded, lol, but glad to connect. :)

• RhythmGypsi

Yoga has been a game changer for me, both physically as well as enhancing my general well being. My MD made me promise to maintain a regular yoga practice if I wanted his approval to continue triathlon training.

Don't know if I'm well rounded, lol, but glad to connect. :)

Thank you for all that information about Garmin products! I have a few runner friends who keep working towards marathons, and this could be really interesting to share with them!

How wonderful that your doctor is also supportive of your yoga practice! It's really lovely to hear how the medical world makes space for holistic practices.

Yay for new friends!