Meal plans and shopping lists

HELLO! I would love to see a weeks or even a three day example of healthy eating and the shopping list to go with it. Bonus for it being family friendly for two small children as well. Is there a thread already with these? A good blog? And not just one recipe. A whole PLAN and a whole shopping LIST. i can make them but I have been making them wrong.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    This Holy Grail of information you're looking might be in this community as there are parent/mom groups. However, if you define your family's eating style (red meat, no fish, peanut allergies, keto, etc), then an online search for a blog with meal planning tips is probably going to better suit your needs. Lastly, I absolutely love your profile pic!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I use e-meals for this purpose. It does cost money but it's worth it to me for the convenience.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    cook smarts is another option - she provides recipes and you can select if you want normal; vegetarian; paleo - as well as how many servings per recipe
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Skinnytaste has a weekly menu with shopping lists.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    How do you think you're doing it wrong?

I can tell you what I ate the last three days but it's a crapshoot that we even like the same foods. I think the shopping list you can probably extrapolate for yourself once you find some foods that fit your specific needs.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 57 Member
    I have the Cook Once, Eat All Week cookbook by Cassy Joy Garcia which has a weekly shopping list and 3 meals per week (covers dinner for 2 for 6-7 nights or 3-4 if you eat the leftovers for lunch, can double to make enough for 4 or she also has bonus meal options). I find the ground beef weeks to be a bit high in calories per meal but you could sub ground turkey/chicken or skip those weeks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    What hubby and I do is sit down Saturday night and talk about the meals we want for the coming week. We then make the list from there. And there's always our staples(apples, bananas, milk, avocado) that need replenishing weekly. For example dinners:
    Sunday salmon and stir fry
    Monday meat patties and salad
    Tuesday chicken and mixed vegetables
    Wed repeat Monday
    Thursday repeat Tuesday
    Friday we go out
    Saturday is usually find something in the freezer or "fend for yourself" from leftovers.
    So our list would include salmon, beef and chicken, bags of mixed frozen veggies, fresh veg for salad, onion, and whatever snacks we want for the week(maybe yogurts, nuts, chips/cracker/chicharrones).
    We like to make extra, enough for at least 2 meals at once so we don't have to do full out cooking every night. We also usually keep a frozen boxed dinner or two and sliced frozen cooked chicken on hand.
    Another idea is to search the ad to see what is on sale and base your meals around that.