Finally inspired to lose the weight!

bidingmytime
bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
edited February 2020 in Introduce Yourself
I’ve tried this fantastic app a few times, but always end up getting lazy and ignoring accountability. I’ll lose about 20 pounds, then some life event will happen and I’ll start slipping into old habits again.

Well, I just found out an hour or so ago, that I might have a wonderful social event to attend this August. Normally I do not like deadlines when it comes to weight loss. I think it becomes more of a stressful motivator than not for me. However, seeing how I have over a half a year to lose at least 40lbs. (I need to lose 100, honestly), I think it’s manageable and not going to be a detriment to doing it in a healthy manner.

Anyway, I’m quite excited and finally feel like now is the right time to do it. Sadly, the past two weeks I’ve really been letting myself go, so I know my weight is going to scare me when I step on that scale tomorrow morning and take measurements. But it will be cool to look back six months from now and see all the progress that I’ve made, and make the social event all the more enjoyable to attend!

Thanks for reading and good luck on your own health jourines as well! :)

Replies

• SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Good luck! :)
  • bidingmytime
    Thank you!
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Just make sure you don't slip at your next event and gain all the weight back or I will come over there and kick your arsse LOL :D , am kidding. Seriously, I wish you the best. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    edited February 2020
    Your story is similar to mine..... I have lost count on how many times I have started and quit since 2009 (that was the 1st year I started on MFP) anyways wishing you much success ....Feel free to add me if you would like a cheerleader while you are on your journey :)
  • Danielle__S
    Danielle__S Posts: 29 Member
    You've got this!
  • bidingmytime
    Just make sure you don't slip at your next event and gain all the weight back or I will come over there and kick your arsse LOL :D , am kidding. Seriously, I wish you the best. :)

No, do NOT kid. Captain America, you have my permission to come and scold me if I gain it back after all the hard work I'm about to do. It's a lifestyle change, for certain!
  • bidingmytime
    Your story is similar to mine..... I have lost count on how many times I have started and quit since 2009 (that was the 1st year I started on MFP) anyways wishing you much success ....Feel free to add me if you would like a cheerleader while you are on your journey :)

Thank you so much! I'd love a cheerleader! I intend to use this board every day in some form in order to keep my motivation going. It only takes a couple of rouge monthly hormones to get me off track, so I'm going to take refuge here.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Welcome! An event can be a good motivator. You don't necessarily need to hit a specific goal for the event, it can just be nice to aim for feeling your best.
  • bidingmytime
    edited February 2020
    jeagogo wrote: »
    Welcome! An event can be a good motivator. You don't necessarily need to hit a specific goal for the event, it can just be nice to aim for feeling your best.

Exactly! :smile: I don't have a specific number set in mind, although I'd like to lose at least 40, which I think is reasonable if I stick to things (i.e. I have at least 100 lbs. to lose, so 40 lbs. would come off easily within 6+ month's time for me). Anything more than that would be icing on the (very small portion of) cake!