The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• useable12
    useable12 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello. I am 25 and have always been single. Is it normal?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    useable12 wrote: »
    Hello. I am 25 and have always been single. Is it normal?

Sure. I know plenty of people who didn't even think of dating till after graduating college. Then finally getting social, it was a few more years before trying a relationship.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I mean, I'm 33 and am the same. Define normal?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I am 37. Never been married and don't want to. That isn't normal lol
  • phil2k17
    phil2k17 Posts: 316 Member
    boehle wrote: »
    I am 37. Never been married and don't want to. That isn't normal lol

Normal is subjective. Do what makes you happy and forget what society defines as "normal" so long as you aren't harming yourself or anyone else.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    My motto since high school has been "Why be normal" It has never led me wrong
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    dcsdkh8rr7c3.jpeg

Stealing.
  • I thought Singles Awareness Day is Feb 15?
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Hi, 45 in Daytona Beach 😊
  • mattig89ch
    I had...way too many sweets today. I just gave up today. Getting back on the wagon tomorrow. Hope everyone's day was...positive in some way.
  • theresa120 wrote: »
    How I’ve been spending my night. Just finished watching #Cats_the_Mewvie on Netflix 😂

xtht67umyfwh.jpeg

Sounds like a quiet evening. I got home late from work. Now, I'm kind of wishing I had some of the lasagna I made. :lol:
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    what do you think about the concept of going out Saturday night alone? I hate doing that, sometimes it feels like an attack on my spirit, I might end up feeling even more lonely

It doesn’t really bother me. I don’t do it often because I don’t have a lot of extra money for going out....that bothers me more than going out alone 🤣
    But if it makes you feel more lonely I say don’t do it...you should do things for yourself that make you feel better 🤗
    Maybe explore a hobby that you can do solo and put your time and money into that :)
  • mattig89ch
    what do you think about the concept of going out Saturday night alone? I hate doing that, sometimes it feels like an attack on my spirit, I might end up feeling even more lonely

tbh, I work Saturdays. So its never really been something I had to worry about.

That said, I find all kinds of stuff to do on Saturday's on meetup. Have you tried checking that site out?
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member

It depends upon if it's something, that's meant to be done alone or not. I am able to swim laps alone for exercise, at my apartment complex's pool but miniature golfing requires at least another partner, so I never do that. I'll eat inside a Taco Bell alone because I get to choose, my seat but a diner'll seat just 1 person at a lunch counter instead of a booth, so I never do that either.