Avoiding wide back..

Hi I'm a inverted triangle shape. I'm trying to make my legs and hips bigger. I have been doing dead lifts, hip thrust and side kicks. I want my waist to get smaller too. I m also trying to lose weight around 10lbs. I noticed my legs are getting smaller but my waist is remaining the same. Should I stop doing deadlifts?? Is it making my back bigger I feel like it is, because I recently started doing that and I got like "thick" back now. I don't want it..

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    womanlady wrote: »
    Hi I'm a inverted triangle shape. I'm trying to make my legs and hips bigger. I have been doing dead lifts, hip thrust and side kicks. I want my waist to get smaller too. I m also trying to lose weight around 10lbs. I noticed my legs are getting smaller but my waist is remaining the same. Should I stop doing deadlifts?? Is it making my back bigger I feel like it is, because I recently started doing that and I got like "thick" back now. I don't want it..

Deadlifts primarily work the hamstrings and glutes. Your waist is likely remaining the same because the midsection is often primary fat stores and a first on, last off proposition where fat is concerned. Most people lose weight in their limbs first.

most likely you are just seeing a distribution of fat loss that at the moment isn't distributed evenly. It's hard to grow and outside of minimal noob gains, you can't really grow (ie back getting wider) in a calorie deficit. That said, things that would grow your back would be lat pull downs and rows.