February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Good luck with your marathon tomorrow @LoveyChar !
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    This is what I made yesterday with my mixer. It really is the best!

This is for a charity I'm part of, and will be going to the staff at the Neonatal Unit at the local hospital. I do this a couple of times a month, when my schedule allows.

a4kl48458mku.jpg

I need to know what this delicious ooking cake is. YUM
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

This is for a charity I'm part of, and will be going to the staff at the Neonatal Unit at the local hospital. I do this a couple of times a month, when my schedule allows.

a4kl48458mku.jpg

OH YUM! Going to guess it is not GF though, so I am safe form it :)
  • PastorVincent
    [Apologies to everyone who was expecting us to talk about running on a running thread. I mean, the more you run, the more you can enjoy this kind of stuff too!!!]

Food and nutrition is totally running related. We just had like a 20 or 30 posts back and forth on it even. ;)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Feb. Goal is complete, pending results... goal was to finish both marathons. 2nd was done today.

Yay! Well done! Not many people can run 2 marathons in the same month!

Hmm... well, I have done 3 a few times in the same month, but this was more or less trying to survive as my injuries are less healed than I wanted.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member

a4kl48458mku.jpg

I make a GF version, easy peasy... 😜
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2020

a4kl48458mku.jpg

I make a GF version, easy peasy... 😜

I think if I ran to your house from mine I would more than earn the calories of an entire cake. :smiley:

Only just. The caramel buttercream is a calorie bomb! But totally worth it
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,626 Member
    YOU GUYS (and gals)! I RAN 18.03 MILES TODAY!

I have 178.03 for the year, 33 for the week, which is a personal best, AND my best pace today was 10:22 !!!!!!!!!! That’s MINUTES faster than I have been doing outside!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I got out even though I didn’t think I could even make it. It was a struggle this morning - could not stay away from the bathroom - hip hurt and knee hurt - but I wanted my miles so bad! I focused, kept my walking intervals short and structured, fueled on time, and just made myself keep going.

On the last couple of miles, it didn’t even feel like my legs were made of lead, like the last long run. I felt as if I could go another few miles!

I stretched a bunch when I got home, which I never do, but I’m hoping it’ll help with the hip and knee etc

Of course I’m tired and sore now, but I am so so so glad I went and kept going for it. If I hadn’t, I would be beating myself up, I’d have zero personal bests, and I wouldn’t know I could have done it.

Now.... lawd. I need a shower.

Good luck tomorrow, @LoveyChar !!!! I am with you in spirit!

I need a love button for this post. (Except for the pain.) awesome work. What an achievement.
  • PastorVincent
    YOU GUYS (and gals)! I RAN 18.03 MILES TODAY!

I have 178.03 for the year, 33 for the week, which is a personal best, AND my best pace today was 10:22 !!!!!!!!!! That’s MINUTES faster than I have been doing outside!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I got out even though I didn’t think I could even make it. It was a struggle this morning - could not stay away from the bathroom - hip hurt and knee hurt - but I wanted my miles so bad! I focused, kept my walking intervals short and structured, fueled on time, and just made myself keep going.

On the last couple of miles, it didn’t even feel like my legs were made of lead, like the last long run. I felt as if I could go another few miles!

I stretched a bunch when I got home, which I never do, but I’m hoping it’ll help with the hip and knee etc

Of course I’m tired and sore now, but I am so so so glad I went and kept going for it. If I hadn’t, I would be beating myself up, I’d have zero personal bests, and I wouldn’t know I could have done it.

Now.... lawd. I need a shower.

Good luck tomorrow, @LoveyChar !!!! I am with you in spirit!

YAY!!! WELL DONE!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member