Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    On Wednesday I am going in for surgery to have my right ovary removed. I have a cyst the size of a baby's head attached to it.

Many prayers for you. Hugs <3<3<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited February 2020
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (28 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    Gwen: (beachwalker)
    Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    Lisa: (SERmom3)
    Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    Joan: (mytime6630)
    Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2020
    Loving the color text .... is there a trick?

You use square brackets without any spaces and put you words between them

[ color=red ] text [ /color ] without any spaces gives
    First brackets | second brackets
    Turns on red | turns off red

text
  • TerriRichardson112
    @HEGoddard0928 So sorry Hannah. Don’t waste time and energy beating yourself up about putting things off. You are a strong woman and will get through this. I will keep you in my thoughts over the time ahead. We are all in your corner.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 - You are very fortunate that you haven't needed to have emergency surgery before this. Don't worry about putting it off, things happen as they are meant to I believe.

I know this sounds very scary and it's probably going to play through your mind that it will make it more difficult to conceive. I have two friends that had this happen and they both got pregnant very quickly after having the ovary removed. I will add you to my prayers. Hopefully unemployment is quick for you.
  • 2omonths
    2omonths Posts: 94 Member
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (28 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    Gwen: (beachwalker)
    Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    Lisa: (SERmom3)
    Jen: (withgoodform)
    Joan: (mytime6630)
    Tracie: (Snowflake1968)

Thank you for the add:
  • 2omonths
    edited February 2020
    Loving the color text .... is there a trick?

You use square brackets without any spaces and put you words between them

[ color=red ] text [ /color ] without any spaces gives
    First brackets | second brackets
    Turns on red | turns off red

text

Mmm ... not savvy here.

green
    aqua

Thank you @TerriRichardson112!
  • 2omonths
    @teigansdad I wanted to give you a fair warning since you are the only man on this board. I will be going into slight detail about a woman's health issue so feel free to skip over this post if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Okay, so I have bad news. I went to get my ultrasound down yesterday. About half an hour after I left the radiology office I got a phone call from my doctor. They wanted to see me as soon as possible. So, of course, I'm freaking out. And honestly, I had a right to be freaking out.

On Wednesday I am going in for surgery to have my right ovary removed. I have a cyst the size of a baby's head attached to it. It explains a lot of things. It's also my fault that it wasn't caught before this. I was told to have an ultrasound 5 years ago. And then told again about 2 years ago and I just never went and did it. If I had this would have been caught a long time ago and I may not have needed this kind of surgery.

It is going to be a full open surgery. They'll have to go through my abdomen and remove it that way. The recovery is 6-8 weeks so I'll have to sign up for government short term disability/unemployment to try and get some kind of money while I'm out because there is no way we'll be able to pay my bills.

So I ask you my friends so keep me in your prayers and to send me good thoughts and all that.

Wishing you the best for Wednesday @HEGoddard0928.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2020

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    February:
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    Mon 03: 150.1 Phew!
    Tue 04: 148.6 - 3.5 😍
    Wed 05: 149.6 😂 Boing! Boing! Boing!
    Fri 07: 149.1 🤞🏻
    Week 1
    Sat 08: 148.9
    Sun 09: 149.4
    Mon 10: 149.2
    Tue 11: 148.8
    Wed 12: 148.4
    Thu 13: 148.7 just gotta deal with these daily fluctuations and hope that the trend is ever downward.
    Fri 14: 148.6
    Week 1 loss: 1 lbs
    Week 2 loss: 0.5
    Week 3:
    Sat 15: DNW slept very late and forgot
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sat 15 Feb
    Daily Goals: 🌟
    Activities:
    • Local shopping 🌟
    • Laundry🌟
    • chores✨
    • Catch up on Series 1 of ‘The Split’ (TV Drama)—>

JFT Sun 15 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • Laundry
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • Chores

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 - What's past is past. The important thing is you will be getting the care you need and can move forward from there. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping all goes well on Wednesday <3
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 - What's past is past. The important thing is you will be getting the care you need and can move forward from there. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping all goes well on Wednesday <3

Agreed. Regret is a wasted emotion in my opinion. Focus on the present and what you can control. Praying for an easy recovery and quick unemployment/disability process for you. 💕
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Happy Saturday Everyone! 🙂

JFT Sat Feb 15

1 Water oz 80
    2 Steps 10k
    3 No over eating
    4 No LNS

WELCOME🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹❤
    I'm Mary.😀 Happy Weekend
  • maryrobinson40
    wizdom70 wrote: »
    Hi everyone new to this format however I need the support to become more healthy. My goal is to lose 80 pounds by the end of the year. I am wanting to enjoy my life and my body without the extra weight. I excerised to tady and stayed in my calorie limit so that's a win. Thanks everyone looking forward to a fresh start.🚴‍♀️🙂

WELCOME!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY.. WE'RE WITH YOU
  • maryrobinson40
    @HEGoddard0928
    Hannah I'm praying for you. We all are here for you. I'm in agreement with Terrie about you being a strong woman. You absolutely are and I am thankful that you followed through with going to the doctor for this. Don't beat yourself up. Sending up prayers for you Sis. Lots of love and hugs coming at you.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🐻
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Hello crew,

Had a lovely day today. Planned for a nice treat meal and was able to eat lighter for the start of the day for some balance. I still went way over calories, but man that pasta was worth it! Went for a nice long walk, which is the first real exercise I've had since being sick. My rib did okay and I didn't cough as much as I feared. Ended up knocking my head really good with my friend's car door so I guess I can't win. Adding to my nightly icing routine. Tomorrow plans to be a low key stay-in day: paperwork, laundry, prepping for the week. OH! And my best friend got engaged today! I am so happy for her. Her fiancee is a wonderful man and a great fit for her :)

@teagansdad Tomorrow is a new day. Learn from your mistake and move on-you got this!
    @beachwalker99 Look at all those checks from yesterday! So proud of you!
    @HEGoddard0928 Be kind to yourself. It's very human to avoid things we fear. You can't rewind the past and you were able to get in and get things checked now. You're in my thoughts and I'm glad this is treatable. Stay strong my friend, this will soon be behind you. We're here for you *hugs*
    @wizdom70 Welcome!

Just for Today-Saturday
    nice meal with family ✅
    Finish 1/2 report ❌
    Do dishes ❌
    80 oz water ✅
    Tidy up for 15 minutes
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups ❌
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories) ❌
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals ✅

Just for Today-Sunday
    Sunday chores
    Finish 1 report
    Do dishes
    80 oz water
    Tidy up for 15 minutes
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories)
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member

SATURDAY:
    - music rehearsal🟢
    - Prep meals for next week🟢
    - start packing for ski trip🟢
    - Maybe start taxes🔴

JFT SUNDAY:
    - sing for one mass today
    - Pack up for ski trip

Keeping it simple today. Singing at church this morning and then we’re headed to NH for a few days. Should be fun! I’ll be packing my food scale so I can get back on track with logging. I kind of took the week off. Don’t want that to continue!
  • 2omonths
    Happy Saturday Everyone! 🙂

JFT Sat Feb 15

1 Water oz 80 ✅ 84.5 oz
    2 Steps 10k ✅ 10,680
    3 No over eating ✅
    4 No LNS ✅

• 2omonths
    edited February 2020
    Good Morning ☀️

JFT Sun Feb 16

1 Water oz 80
    2 Steps 10k
    3 No over eating
    4 No LNS
    5 Weight training

No movement on my weigh the same the last 3 days. I need to start logging my food.