Pip,
    Many congrats. Is the gas pedal touchy or do you have a heavy foot? LOL. 🙃

I do have a lead foot, but it still has a touchy gas pedal
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Karla: I posted the map for Heather and me! 😂
  • MauraTex
    MauraTex Posts: 2 Member
    There is a new churro and ice cream place that opened, and I just could not get it off my mind. So I had churros and ice cream for lunch..no more snacks and a really light dinner, and now I can move on.

Janet Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka – I may have not spent last weekend working on a term paper/exam but remember many a weekend and many nights either cramming for an exam or researching a term paper while I worked full-time. It took me way too many years to get my Associate’s degree so when I finally decided to work upon my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees I went back full time at nights and weekends for both. I completed each one in 16 months. I will say it is something I have never regretted. Keep up the fine work. Sorry about your arm. That’s a lot of stairs – keep up the great work!
    SuziQ - SFL

I was able to do that for both my Bachelor degrees (3-yr & 4-yr), my Engineering Tech certificate (1-yr), and my Business Admin diploma (1-yr). However, my Software Development certificate (1-yr) I did in 4 years, one class at a time. And this Master's (2-yr) I will hopefully complete in 5.5 years ... I've really picked up the pace in the last couple years because the original estimate was 8 years. I started in February 2015, Semester 1.

I would have loved to do the Master's in 2 years like most of my other classmates, or slightly less if I did some summer courses, but I've needed to work full time. It was one of those things I've imagined ... "If I won a million dollars in a lottery, what would I do?" And right at the top of the list was quit work and finish my Master's.

Oh, and they don't do evening and weekend courses here. I asked about that and was told that instructors don't work evenings and weekends!! They've only recently started including summer courses. I took my first summer course in January 2018. Before that, they didn't have much available and when I asked, I got the same response as about the evenings and weekends ... instructors don't work in the summer. However, over the years, I think I wasn't the only one asking about summer courses and so we finally have some.

That said, the course I'm in now, writing the exam paper for, is in the Marine Department not IT. So sometimes we have to look to other departments.

Almost done this course ... and in about 10 days I start my last (I hope) Semester 1 of this degree. :)

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Just got back. Boy, I used to like going shopping, but now there really isn’t much at all at the mall.

We went to IHOP for dinner. I had the 3 egg white veggie omelet and put edamame and tomatoes (I wanted to finish them up) on the plate. They gave fruit with it so I had that for dessert. Only water and then tea (nothing added) to drink.

Kylia – good job at the restaurant!

Vince said we need to leave around 9 tomorrow so maybe I’ll have time to do a DVD in the condo. Probably some yoga or pilates

SuziQ – aren’t you in Broward county? My friend from college lives there, as a matter of fact, her girls went to Parkland. About the hair – the only problem with having my hair professionally colored to my color is that I’m not sure what my color is….lol I really like “this is us” and I watch “A million little things” but sometimes I have a problem with that show. I’m so so sorry about your husband

Pip – congrats on the vehicle

Welcome everyone new! Be sure to bookmark this site and come back often

Need to take a shower now.

Michele who has to remember to take her phone tomorrow to take pictures
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    stat for the day:

treadmill jog- 29.21min, 148ahr, 160mhr, 6.107.0speek 9.28min mi, 5k= 383c
    Apple Watch- 359c
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Janet Tx - I still eat Mexican food just got to budget it to find lower cal versions of the ingredients.

Amber Tx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sunday - lovely late afternoon bicycle ride on our Bike Friday folding bikes

Distance: 21.41km
    Elevation: 203m
    Moving Time: 1:37:40
    Elapsed Time: 1:46:32
    Power: 96W

............. Avg .......... Max
    Speed: 13.2km/h | 33.5km/h

Machka in Oz