The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    what do you think about the concept of going out Saturday night alone? I hate doing that, sometimes it feels like an attack on my spirit, I might end up feeling even more lonely

tbh, I work Saturdays. So its never really been something I had to worry about.

That said, I find all kinds of stuff to do on Saturday's on meetup. Have you tried checking that site out?

However I've found that this' only reasonably plausible, if an attendee has a vehicle or lives within a city, neither of which I do.
  • 1sphere wrote: »
    what do you think about the concept of going out Saturday night alone? I hate doing that, sometimes it feels like an attack on my spirit, I might end up feeling even more lonely

It depends upon if it's something, that's meant to be done alone or not. I am able to swim laps alone for exercise, at my apartment complex's pool but miniature golfing requires at least another partner, so I never do that. I'll eat inside a Taco Bell alone because I get to choose, my seat but a diner'll seat just 1 person at a lunch counter instead of a booth, so I never do that either.

How does mini golf require one other partner? I've played more than a few rounds solo. Also, while it is better for a restaurant to place a single person at the counter, it by no means that you are stuck there with no option. Most of the sit down style restaurants I go to will ask me if I have a preference where I sit.

As to going out solo, I do it quite frequently. But, as mentioned, it really depends on what it is. If it's something that really does require two people, then I'll see if I can find someone to go. If not, then I go do it. Though, there are some things where going solo is not ideal. For example, I went to a huge Christmas light display to check it out. Was happy to go, and while the lighting was spectacular to see. It was primarily groups of people, particularly couples and families, so it kind of put it on the down side of the emotion scale.

Speaking of going places, I need to hurry up and find a date for an event end of next month...
  • DecadeDuchess

It depends upon if it's something, that's meant to be done alone or not. I am able to swim laps alone for exercise, at my apartment complex's pool but miniature golfing requires at least another partner, so I never do that. I'll eat inside a Taco Bell alone because I get to choose, my seat but a diner'll seat just 1 person at a lunch counter instead of a booth, so I never do that either.

How does mini golf require one other partner? I've played more than a few rounds solo. Also, while it is better for a restaurant to place a single person at the counter, it by no means that you are stuck there with no option. Most of the sit down style restaurants I go to will ask me if I have a preference where I sit.

As to going out solo, I do it quite frequently. But, as mentioned, it really depends on what it is. If it's something that really does require two people, then I'll see if I can find someone to go. If not, then I go do it. Though, there are some things where going solo is not ideal. For example, I went to a huge Christmas light display to check it out. Was happy to go, and while the lighting was spectacular to see. It was primarily groups of people, particularly couples and families, so it kind of put it on the down side of the emotion scale.

Speaking of going places, I need to hurry up and find a date for an event end of next month...

Like bowling, there's scoring. Sure people'll go bowling by themselves, especially if they're practicing for a competition since it's also a sport but miniature golf's a family, couple or friend group form of entertainment.
  • 1sphere wrote: »

Like bowling, there's scoring. Sure people'll go bowling by themselves, especially if they're practicing for a competition since it's also a sport but miniature golf's a family, couple or friend group form of entertainment.

Preconceived notions, I still fail to see your point. One can score themselves if it's not for leagues. Even if you go with someone else, you're only as honest as the one there. I shoot competitive archery, and I score practice sessions just as I would leagues or tournament scores. Otherwise, it doesn't do me any good to fake my scores.
  • DecadeDuchess

Preconceived notions, I still fail to see your point. One can score themselves if it's not for leagues. Even if you go with someone else, you're only as honest as the one there. I shoot competitive archery, and I score practice sessions just as I would leagues or tournament scores. Otherwise, it doesn't do me any good to fake my scores.

I guess that I feel the same about miniature golf, as you did concerning the Christmas light display. Yet I've never felt like you did then, so it's all individual.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    @yogidani77 that would be my instinct, but I tell myself that I have to leave my comfort zone. If I don’t put myself out there, it seems like I’ll never meet anybody. Maybe I should just go, and leave to go home again if I’m not feeling it.. I’m not really even going out for drinks.

I hope you got out of your comfort zone and went out and had a great time 🤗
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    I went out. I went into about 5 different late bars, I didn’t have any alcohol. I was just stalking the bars. Have to laugh, I wasn’t missing out on nothing much

Well darn... I didn’t see this before I posted... and the bar isn’t my scene either but the important thing is you got out!
    Good for you 🥰
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Interestingly enough, I just went bowling solo last weekend. Was traveling for a marathon and had some time. I drove past a bowling alley and thought, "I haven't bowled in forever... that seems like it could be fun." I suck, bowled 2 games with less than 100 each, buy still enjoyed it... and that is all that matters.
  • Nan7114
    Nan7114 Posts: 276 Member
    Hey peeps
  • Nan7114
    Nan7114 Posts: 276 Member
    ayeeeeeeok wrote: »
    Been single for a few years and attract nothing but liars and cheaters. How are you all? :)

💛💛💛
    😘
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    I'm in such a odd mood today, every little thing is making me cross but at the same time I'm selling jokes and going nuts in the office. I had such a good weekend but didn't sleep well last night.

How is every one's Monday
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Also didn’t sleep well last night. Half my colleagues are out for holiday today. Weird day gonna get worse when another colleague will be complaining to me which he always does.
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    @1sphere that's not good but I wake up at 3:45 and then go to gym I only had 6 hours sleep I must stop looking at my watch to find out my sleep, But I do think it lies on the amount of times I wake up during the night