February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @katarina005 good work! Getting that mile done can be so incredibly difficult, but you made it happen!

@katharmonic wow! 20lb vests! I can’t even deal with a camelback, let alone TWENTY pounds! Good job!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Im very happy to report that I beat my goal of 1 mile this week. I did 3 miles just today, and almost a full mile the other day!

YAY!!!! Well done!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    So my new running coach just started following me on Instagram. Problem is, my feed is mostly cake and cocktails. Oops.

:D:D
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited February 2020
    @katharmonic No wonder you are tired! That's a lot of exercise for one day!

@katarina005 Great job on your accomplishment!!!

• Camaramandy648
    I got home, hung up my medal and colored in NC. This is how you know the medal is from a Big *kitten* Medal race:
    ev7uc7i6s6jx.jpg

@T1DCarnivoreRunner i LOVE this! I have thought about doing this!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I got home, hung up my medal and colored in NC. This is how you know the medal is from a Big *kitten* Medal race:
    ev7uc7i6s6jx.jpg

If it helps, it looks like the Little Rock Marathon medals are about the same size and that is coming up in 2 weeks... not sure if that is too close for your schedule or if the location even works, but just an idea.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    edited February 2020
    Everyone, we can watch @LoveyChar ‘a marathon here!

https://www.kxan.com/sports/austin-marathon/2020-austin-marathon-race-coverage/

They’re just a few minutes to start! I wrote down her bib number the other day and she’s not started yet.

@LoveyChar WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU!!!

Unfortunately not available in Europe - still rooting for you @LoveyChar, going well on the tracking almost half way already :smiley:

exercise.png
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Everyone, we can watch @LoveyChar ‘a marathon here!

https://www.kxan.com/sports/austin-marathon/2020-austin-marathon-race-coverage/

They’re just a few minutes to start! I wrote down her bib number the other day and she’s not started yet.

@LoveyChar WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU!!!

Unfortunately not available in Europe - still rooting for you @LoveyChar

That link won't work for me either, but I went through the marathon's webpage - under tracking athletes, put in her bib #. Hopefully she doesn't mind us tracking, but she did post her number on here :) She's about halfway now.
  • Camaramandy648
    ev7uc7i6s6jx.jpg

If it helps, it looks like the Little Rock Marathon medals are about the same size and that is coming up in 2 weeks... not sure if that is too close for your schedule or if the location even works, but just an idea.

I actually live in Northwest Arkansas - so Little Rock is not too far, but it IS too soon. I am running my first ever marathon in April!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Looks like she’s made it 18.6 miles so far. Go @LoveyChar !
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Go @LoveyChar we’re pulling for you!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary
    LOL! That made me giggle! I don't have a running coach but my instagram is primarily cocktails, food and the occasional sunset. Maybe set up a "finstagram" as my daughter would call it and post pictures of kale salads, water and the occasional "long run" pic. Let the coach follow that one ;)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hopefully @LoveyChar can feel us cheering her on! It looks a tough day out there!