** Seeking Consistent Exercisers as Friends **

2»

Replies

• mim619
    mim619 Posts: 33 Member
    Feel free to add me I don't really log food but exercise 5-6 days per week. Training for a 1/2 marathon in April. :)
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    I'm yet another Jen who is active almost everyday. I totally identify with your history of losing and getting to a really healthy place and then gaining again when anxiety/depression decides that it wants all of your attention and energy. I just recently got back to my goal weight after a few years of slowly gaining 30ish pounds.

I like to do a lot of fitness classes; lately I'm pole dancing 2-3 times a week and will work in weightlifting or aerial/trapeze conditioning on my off-days. I'm notoriously bad at getting cardio in, but my body doesn't seem to mind that too much.
  • Hi, Congrats on all your progress! Exercising consistently is one of my goals and I’m looking for encouraging, real people in my feed too. Feel free to add me😃
    KRN
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Hi!
    I’d be happy to receive a friend request from you.
    I train typically 6 days a week for Triathlon so running, swimming, cycling and nowhere near as much S&C as I should do.

I’m currently shifting my ‘winter insulation’ (currently 127lb) to get back down to my race weight of around 121lb in time for summer races and my maintenance zone of 121-124lb. I’m 5’5 tall. Have been using MFP for a number of years and enjoy interacting with friends’ on their newsfeeds.

Hi there, Sarah!

Triathlons are really incredible -- kudos to all of your hard work in training! And it's kind of wild how MFP can be a really solid place for community :) It's really nice to meet other people who have been here for a while. Even if you leave for a time, it's like an old friend that you eventually come back to no matter what.

Sending you a friend request now! :D
    ~ Jen
  • RhythmGypsi
    mim619 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me I don't really log food but exercise 5-6 days per week. Training for a 1/2 marathon in April. :)

A 1/2 marathon is something I would love to do someday -- congrats on your training! :D Sending you a friend request now! <3
  • RhythmGypsi
    jeagogo wrote: »
    I'm yet another Jen who is active almost everyday. I totally identify with your history of losing and getting to a really healthy place and then gaining again when anxiety/depression decides that it wants all of your attention and energy. I just recently got back to my goal weight after a few years of slowly gaining 30ish pounds.

I like to do a lot of fitness classes; lately I'm pole dancing 2-3 times a week and will work in weightlifting or aerial/trapeze conditioning on my off-days. I'm notoriously bad at getting cardio in, but my body doesn't seem to mind that too much.

Hello, fellow Jen :D Maybe I should use this thread as a way to start the Society of Fit Jens lol

Having anxiety/depression is something that I always likened to what having a child must be like. Not meaning that having a child = anxiety/depression, but more so the incessant need for attention that the feelings produced by this combo produce. It's so taxing and gives you no freedom to feel like self-care is a thing you could ever be capable of doing.

Really nice freaking job with all the hard work that you've been doing! I've been yo-yoing the same 45 lbs since 2012 -- having the patience to deal with my sense of inadequacy has been the challenge of a lifetime. And that's probably why it's happening :P Fitness classes are amazing; super kudos and impressed nod towards your pole dancing. I tried it once and thought my thighs had gotten into a boxing match with the pole lol Aerial / trapeze sounds super fun! :D And cardio can be a butt. Zumba is my favorite though (once you find the right instructor, it can be life changing).

Sending you a friend request now! :D<3
  • RhythmGypsi
    Hi, Congrats on all your progress! Exercising consistently is one of my goals and I’m looking for encouraging, real people in my feed too. Feel free to add me😃
    KRN

Hi KRN! Thanks so much for having reached out on my post! The need to be around people who are active can really boost up your own activity, so I'm glad we can watch each other's posts and feel inspired!

Sending over a friend request now <3

~ Jen
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    My name isn’t Jen, but I’ve been on MFP for just over 7 years (2,605 days in a row). I lift 3x/week and run 3x/week. Would love to be friends!
  • meegerzeb
    meegerzeb Posts: 12 Member
    I try to work out 5 days a week! I would love some accountability Buddies on this app!! Please feel free to add me!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I exercise every day although I only log what I consider "extra" i.e. above what I have my activity level set to so that's usually any longer dog walks and swimming. Maybe not every day but most days, especially now the weather's getting nicer so I'm more inclined to stay out with the dogs!
  • RhythmGypsi
    My name isn’t Jen, but I’ve been on MFP for just over 7 years (2,605 days in a row). I lift 3x/week and run 3x/week. Would love to be friends!

Heehee maybe I should start a "Jens & Friends" fitness group on here :) Wow, your dedication is incredible! I would to of logged in for even half that long!

I'm excited to have the opportunity to meet some well-rounded fitness friends on here! Sending a friend invite your way <3
  • RhythmGypsi
    meegerzeb wrote: »
    I try to work out 5 days a week! I would love some accountability Buddies on this app!! Please feel free to add me!

Hey girl! Trying is half the battle, so I'm glad you're making the effort! Definitely up for some motivated pals -- a friend request is comin' for ya! :)
  • RhythmGypsi
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I exercise every day although I only log what I consider "extra" i.e. above what I have my activity level set to so that's usually any longer dog walks and swimming. Maybe not every day but most days, especially now the weather's getting nicer so I'm more inclined to stay out with the dogs!

Extra movin' & shakin' is awesome! :) Where I'm at, I just get excited when the weather is above 40*F lol Somehow that's become decidedly tolerable on a daily basis. Happy to see you around here!