Looking for friends to support eachother!

Hi everyone. I am not new to the dieters world, and like many of you I am struggling currently.
I used to be very fit and ate right no issue, but recently I've fallen into a binge cycle with food obsession, and it has gotten out of control.
I went to the gym 5-6 days a week and ate very well for about 3 months, saw progress, not as much as I would have liked, but progress! I was happy with how things were going but some switch flipped and I'm not sure where it all went wrong.
I am on day 9 of not going to the gym, and I have been binging every day on sweets and horrible foods like entire medium pizzas in one sitting!
I know I can get back on track, but I have gained, and I kid you not, 20 pounds over these 9 days.
I would like to lose 30-40 lbs over the next 6 months or so and I know that that is doable, but I lack motivation sometimes and I really would like some friends to keep in contact with to stay motivated.
I am looking to do this healthily with weight lifting and eating what I want but in a calorie deficite ( lots of veggies of course, but not outright banning chocolate ). I hope I'm not alone out here and someone else is having similar issues!

Replies

• Tara2017mfp
    Tara2017mfp Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in ...joining you
  • scottishrabbit
    scottishrabbit Posts: 7 Member
    Also a cyclical binge eater here, join forces?
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Add me! I’m a stress eater. I’ve got roughly 70lbs to lose. The more active friends the better
  • I am in , i am a stress eater and i am struggling to stay motivated
  • LynNite
    LynNite Posts: 68 Member
    Stress, emotional, binge eating... all the things. Add me!
  • Quilty60
    Quilty60 Posts: 30 Member
    I am a stress and boredom eater. Since I'm alone most of the time, I tend to eat. Trying to get rid of 40 pounds. Friend me too and we will help each other succeed.
  • AMHS1958
    AMHS1958 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm in too, stress eater here, trying to get back into shape. I have good days... I have bad days. Feel free to add me!
  • SqueezieWeeze
    SqueezieWeeze Posts: 1 Member
    This emotional eater is in too. I've recently taken up running and i want to lose 60lb. I need all the help I can get.
  • mespinoza0700
    mespinoza0700 Posts: 2 Member
    I am also a binge eater and my own sabotager. Once I see progress, I blow it. I've started back at the gym and I also had my resting metabolic rate tested so I know if my metabolism is working correctly and how many calories I need to eat to lose weight. It was an eye opener. I want to run a half marathon in October but I'm chicken when it comes to running. I can't even bring myself to run on the treadmill at the gym because I'm afraid of being stared at. I know it's stupid but my mind can play horrible tricks on me. I'm really want to meet this goal and I'm determined to get there. I need encouragement and I'm also willing to give encouragement to others when you need it. Please add me.
  • evenangie4079
    evenangie4079 Posts: 2 Member
    Started January 2nd . Down 12 pounds would love support also . Please add me too.
  • Laurie463
    Laurie463 Posts: 26 Member
    I am a binge eater out of boredom. Would love more support. Please add me too.
  • Louise13162
    Louise13162 Posts: 3 Member
    Please count me in! I’m finding it so hard to stay motivated and committed! I’m at my heaviest weight ever and I’m feeling overwhelmed.
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Please can I join too as my motivation packed her bags and went on an extended holiday. I eat from boredom or stress. My hubby treats me but it's always a BOX of cakes or large bags of chocolate. I have asked him to stop but he thinks I deserve it, so what do I do.....eat the sodding lot!!! Motivation has moved out long term too. Please help xxx
  • Jenka329
    Jenka329 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me! Im in the same boat as all
    Of you, and I’m tired of it!
  • Add me
  • meraki6
    meraki6 Posts: 21 Member
    Friend me
    Starting again... x 5?
    😂 le sigh.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    If a team would help you out, please consider the Fat2Fit Challenge. It is an ongoing group. You get assigned to a team, and everyone supports each other through the ups, downs, and in-betweens. This group has been running since 2016 and many people stick with it even once they hit maintenance. The support, energy, and fun challenges are great. Having to check in with a group all trying for the same thing helps enormously.

If you'd like to give it a try, come over to the registration page for March 2020. There is a good description there of how it works, and you can check out some of the team chat threads, etc. If you like what you see, just post a message in the registration thread and I'll assign you to a team. You'll be good to go!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786420/fat-2-fit-registration-for-march-2020#latest
  • sheloco89
    sheloco89 Posts: 24 Member
    I have struggled with binging a long time, but I just keep trying and recently I decided to go vegan! I’d love to support you on your journey. 🙂
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    I’m in same boat. Friend me and we can support each other