Stuck at 71 kg

Options
Hello, this is my first post on here, i have been on a strict weight gaining diet. I was 63 kg and set a goal of gaining weight up to 74 kg for myself.

I seem to be stuck now at 70.5 to 71.5 kg.

PS. Ive only been to the gym for a month and follow a PPL split.

1dlfuehkuxxk.jpg

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like your weight gain has slowed, rather than stalled. A small amount of that will be because you're bigger now, so require more calories. If you haven't increased cals, you're not at as much of a surplus as you were before. You also would have put on some water weight at the beginning, both from higher carbs (more glycogen) and for muscle repair. Hence the big gain at the start, and slower after. So, check your cals to see if you need to increase a bit, but really, slow gain is better than fast gain (more muscle, less fat).

Those more knowledgeable than me in gaining may have other things to say :)
  • aleksfarhat
    aleksfarhat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll try increasing that caloric intake.
    It's just a bit demotivating to see this slow down after a rapid increase of 8kg.

I don't really care if it's fat that's also being gained, im looking for a maximum increase in size, as long as thos fats are in the right places and not in my gut, im all for it.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for most of us, the fat tends to pool around the gut, lower back, etc, and blurs most muscle definition
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Get a trend app, happyscale for iOS or libra for android. Enter weight every day and follow your weight trend. If your not gaining 0.5lbs per week then up the calories. If your struggling to eat more then it's ok to drink more calories.