Anyone 5’2 and 163 pounds

TinaJija
TinaJija Posts: 15 Member
I joined yesterday after a failed year last year. I’m short and currently weigh 164 lb (74kg) and want some motivation from people of similar height and weight.My ideal weight is 110 lb(50kg). Would also love it if I could have some accountability friends so pls feel free to add me even if not short lol.

Replies

• Hi ive just joined today. i want to find someone to share the journey with. im struggling so much with binge eating and have gained 8+ stone in 1 year its ridiculous.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    I am 5’2 and about 74 kg, Too short for my weight....
  • kwashington83
    kwashington83 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m the same just a bit shorter 5ft 1/2 inch ( that all important 1/2 in makes me taller than Kylie minogue hehe)
    Feel free to add struggling to find healthy meals
  • Jfallingstar
    Jfallingstar Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5’1, 171lbs. My goal is 150, I haven’t worked out in a long time. I’m a mom & work full time but my husband is super fit works out two hours a day and eats very healthy so I have his support but I’m nervous to start up!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    i'm 5ft 4 and 163 right now. I'd like to be somewhere between 145 and 150 if I'm able to get some muscle built up.
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    I am the same stats as you. How many calories you you eat per day?
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    5'4'' and currently 176 (started at 229). My goal weight is 140. My weight loss has slowed down. Any ideas on how to jump start my loss?
  • tcscholz554
    tcscholz554 Posts: 43 Member
    I’m 5’4” and 167. I would like to be around 150.
  • tapnanc
    tapnanc Posts: 1 Member
    Yes! let’s hear it for the vertically challenged!
    I am 5’2” and need to lose minimum of 20 lbs. Highest weight ever: 177, now 160gc0sux047lp3.jpeg
    . I am youngish 63; have been doing cardio 3-4 days week in last 2 weeks. Shoulder injury/wrist tendinitis keep me from doing weights but maybe someone has suggestions on what i could do?
  • TinaJija
    I didn’t know how to add people , I don’t see the option , those of you who want a motivation partner pls add me .
  • TinaJija
    Tapnanc

You look too young to be 63, hope your shoulder is better , maybe take a break and do some light swimming .
  • TinaJija
    dmcb24

I don’t count calories, I’ve put on weight due to depression and not being active for years , I emotionally eat. I want to start healthy eating without counting calories just less portion size and less carbs and no sugar. My plan is to eliminate white bread and sugar.
  • TinaJija
    SaraKim17

Well done for your achievement, it’s certainly the motivation I needed, have you done it with both exercise and healthy eating? and if you don’t mind me asking have you had any loose skin which worries me.
  • Kristarivfl
    Kristarivfl Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’m 5’2” and 159 lbs. I am desperate to get it off and it’s stuck to me. I also would like support but I can’t figure out how to add anyone from here either! Anyone interested that knows how please add me!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    @TinaJija, my exercise was primarily just walking, but for me that was perfect. (I have costochondritis, a pinched nerve in my neck, and a shoulder issue, which flare up if I'm not careful.) Just this year I started taking a Zumba Gold class and a Stretching, Stamina, and Strength class, which I'm really enjoying. I actually want to be more active now.

As far as eating, yes, I just "watch" what I eat. I'm far from perfect, but logging what I eat was a real eye opener for me. I had no idea how many calories I was consuming with my food choices! I don't log daily (although I think I "should"). I think I'm probably a good example of the 80/20 rule and more good days than bad paying off in the long run. It's taken me a long time to lose the weight, but I'm fine with that. I'm hoping this year to reach my goal, but I'm not quite sure what that will be. I try to focus on one day at a time.

I don't seem to have an issue with loose skin. 😃

• npotter1103
    npotter1103 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello I’m 5’4” and 200. I would love the accountability and motivation! Please add me!
  • oresome85
    oresome85 Posts: 2 Member
    This group is exactly what I was looking for!

I am 5'3 and 165 lbs and would also love some accountability and motivation. My last job involved working from home, which meant that my exercise levels went right down and my snacking levels soared! My husband and I would also like to start a family soon so I want to get into better shape to help things along.

So please do add me and we can all share the pain and the victories together!
  • VEianH
    VEianH Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5'2 and 200 something right now! Very successful 2 year long bulking phase, now hoping to get back to my lowest weight of 115lbs.
  • Hayley9323
    Hayley9323 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'2 and 158lbs. Desperately need to get down a bit! Ideally want to get back to 130lbs at least.