What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MattHilburn
    MattHilburn Posts: 17 Member
    Was hoping to get a 5k run in. During mile 2 strained my calf. Ended up walking/ limping back to my truck. About 1.5 mile run about 3/4 mile mile walk. Hate getting older!
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I did my first beginner kettlebell workout and then I walked 4 miles 😊
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    What a difference 20 or so degrees and full sun make in a workout! I did 15K early in the AM before the sun was beaming yesterday fairly easily. Today, had one hour (around 12K) scheduled. HR got up much higher. Low 70s with beaming sun today. Might have to take the lunch time, weekday rows under the deck soon. Too hot, even with shorts and a short sleeved tech shirt. Odd coming from Ohio to be getting tanned legs in Winter, but I have them now.

12.1K meters today (rowing machine), 930 calories or so. 2:29 Pace @ 17 SPM. DF was around 100. Avg force averaged around 70 lbs and max force a little over 100 lbs per stroke (1100 or so strokes). ErgData gives you the force of each stroke. It's an app for the Concept2 Rower. I've noticed that my Force per stroke has increased over the past few months, which means I'm slowly building back power. Rowing is an endurance strength sport along with cardio workout. What this means is it's like doing 1100 deadlifts, 17 per minute, around 75 to 90 lbs per lift, for one hour solid with no recovery except the two seconds between drives (reps). All while trying to keep your HR in check. And great rowers make me look very weak!! Some average well over 100 lbs of force per stroke.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    A curling game and a half hour of legs and abs
  • Dave10z
    Dave10z Posts: 7 Member
    Today was a fun one.
    Warm up 4 x 5 dumbbell squat clean

1st workout 4 rounds:

20 - dumbbell squat clean
    20 calories on rower level 10

2nd work out:

10-8-6-4 reps of squat with med ball burpee combo.

Finisher:

Tabata: row for 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds x 8 rounds.

Burned over 600 calories in 45 minutes.

• AhPanDuh
    AhPanDuh Posts: 2 Member
    I love doing HIIT workouts. There's lots on YouTube. My fave at the moment is popsugars 600 calorie burn HIIT video. Has me sweatinggg.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    45 minutes of walking, 20 minutes QuickHIT (strength training)
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    45 min elliptical

10 shoulder rows - 25 lbs
    20 KB swings - 15 lbs
    3x

12 shoulder press - 30 lb
    15 skull crushers- 15 lb
    3x

20 shoulder raises - 5 lb
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited February 2020
    90 minutes climbing.

This was very good. I got my first v4/v5. These have been so difficult for me, so I've not really attempted that many - I spend most of my time at this gym on v3/v4. However, I've started to get most of the v3/v4 graded ones, so tried three of the v4/v5s.

The one I got was actually not too bad - I got it second attempt. One of the others will go next time - I was very close. The third was lolwatI'vefallen - I got nowhere near.
  • MattHilburn
    MattHilburn Posts: 17 Member
    Nursing a calf strain.
    10 min excersise bike
    500m row
    20lb dumbbell workout x10 reps
    Flat bench fly
    Alt curls
    Tri kickbacks
    Incline flys
    Hammer curls
    Overhead tri extensions
    Shoulder super set 5lbs
    KB swings 30lbs
    Toes to bar
    Hang cleans 95 lbs

2 rounds
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2020
    My favorite new HIIT workout -- do 5 minute warmup on the rower, then 25 hard strokes, let the HR settle back down while still rowing easy (140 in the first 30 minutes and 145 after that), repeat. Got 16 sets in for 10K of hard intervals. Over 800 calories burned in less than 50 minutes. Would have done 12K but wanted to take the dogs on a walk after.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Walked on the treadmill while typing an angry-vent-email to my boss. Accidentally prematurely sent twice. Yay technology.

Tomorrow morning I intend to get up and run...
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Today was cardioish day (that's a word, I say it is...!) so it's about 30 minutes total of walking briskly around the building, with some counter pushups and stretching when I got home. Starting weight: 245. Current Weight: 226. Goal Weight: 150.
  • NicbPNW
    NicbPNW Posts: 47 Member
    Peloton!
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Short on time today so:
    10 min elliptical
    10 min abs (mix of planks, dead bugs and bicycle crunches)
    5 min jog + 12x 30 sec sprint/30 sec walk
    Stretch/foam roll
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Climbing.
    My 5th day out of a possible 6. This started very well, but dipped towards the middle. I got quite pumped, possibly due to climbing frequency recently. So I ended on a slab, and got a long term project - one of the hardest V3/v4s at this gym.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Cardio = about an hour including elliptical and recumbent bike
    Back workout = pull-up/chin-up, rows, front raises, machine pull downs, reverse pec dec
  • ko4qowen
    ko4qowen Posts: 13 Member
    A little over 7 miles easy recovery run on my usual figure 8 “loop”. Absolutely perfect running weather, mid 40s, slightly overcast, no breeze and was treated to a gorgeous sunrise! A good start to the day.
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    10 push-ups every hour on the hour + 1 hour spin class
  • Finafoshizzle93
    50 min swim (2600 yards)