February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I want to say this...if there's a will, there's a way...I know every single person here will accomplish their goals. I saw so many signs that I loved yesterday. "You are stronger than you think"...was one of my favorites. You are!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I want to say this...if there's a will, there's a way...I know every single person here will accomplish their goals. I saw so many signs that I loved yesterday. "You are stronger than you think"...was one of my favorites. You are!!!

YAy!!!

Just a heads up, be ready for DOMS... it could hit you pretty soon...
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member

YAy!!!

what is DOMS? @PastorVincent
  • PastorVincent

YAy!!!

From Wikipedia:
    Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles several hours to days after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise.

More simply... 24-48 hours AFTER a marathon a runner who did not take steps prevent it is likely to be hit with a wave of pain and stiffness. A runner who did take steps to prevent it is less likely too.

Steps to prevent are the normal active recovery things: Eat and drink well and keep moving.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member

YAy!!!

From Wikipedia:
    Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles several hours to days after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise.

More simply... 24-48 hours AFTER a marathon a runner who did not take steps prevent it is likely to be hit with a wave of pain and stiffness. A runner who did take steps to prevent it is less likely too.

Steps to prevent are the normal active recovery things: Eat and drink well and keep moving.

Ahhhhh that makes sense!

So i am also an avid reader and since we are so busy, i often resort to audio books. Whatever i can get my hands on. I read a lot about running, but right now I’m really into psychological thrillers.

I just started A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware, and the main character is a runner. This book conveys what it feels like to run - the emotional side of the WHY we run - so well. I am in my happy place :)
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @LoveyChar
    You have the ideal attitude- better each year and enjoy the day!

Wanna hear something crazy? Mike told me about an older guy that was wearing a 50 state marathon shirt standing 5 feet from him at the start. Silver haired guy...kinda stocky.
    Wouldn’t it be funny if it was the same guy? Small world moment!
  • PastorVincent

YAy!!!

From Wikipedia:

Ahhhhh that makes sense!

So i am also an avid reader and since we are so busy, i often resort to audio books. Whatever i can get my hands on. I read a lot about running, but right now I’m really into psychological thrillers.

I just started A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware, and the main character is a runner. This book conveys what it feels like to run - the emotional side of the WHY we run - so well. I am in my happy place :)

I just finished book 5 of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (in Audio) which of course ends on a cliffhanger and book 6 is not out yet. Yay.