MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• TeraBbreakingFree
    TeraBbreakingFree Posts: 15 Member
    Stepped on the scale this morning and it showed a number that I havent seen in over 6years/2 babies ago. 💪🏼👊🏼
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh in Week: 2 (2/19)
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 194.6
    Today's Weight: 197.6

I am so embarrassed about my weight gain. Totally blaming it on TOM (time of the month) cause that jerk just showed up and this happens to me every single time. I am snipped, tied and cauterized. Not having any more kids...can I please not have a period anymore?!?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Great job steppers!

@TeraBbreakingFree congratulations, your hard work is paying off!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Don't be embarrassed, unfortunately it goes with the territory! I wish it could be turned on and off for having kids, that would be so wonderful.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh in Week: 2 (2/19)
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 194.6
    Today's Weight: 197.6

I am so embarrassed about my weight gain. Totally blaming it on TOM (time of the month) cause that jerk just showed up and this happens to me every single time. I am snipped, tied and cauterized. Not having any more kids...can I please not have a period anymore?!?

@vegan4lyfe2012 is it too late to ask that you not bother with embarrassment with a weight gain? We're a motley crew - we have illness, breakups, binge eating, serious illness, weight gains, angst/issues/problems. If you can't gain some weight here - right the hell HERE - and come out with the feeling that you are not alone in this world of being a human being with human problems...? - please, dear God, tell me where.
  • raleighgirl09
    Stepped on the scale this morning and it showed a number that I havent seen in over 6years/2 babies ago. 💪🏼👊🏼

@TeraBbreakingFree we are so stinkin' PROUD of you, way to go!!! That moment is so sweet and comes at the business end of a lot of work and effort, paying attention, working and cultivating habits and being awesome. => A moment to savor - very happy for you.
  • raleighgirl09
    lu1e3562bwhv.png

@TeresaW1020 REALLY?!? That's just amazing because I have been feeling like a *slug* and like I have been slackin' and goofin'!!!! This is an inspiring bit of info for me to run with and make a better week going forward! I must strive to move past this wacko Maria that has been afoot of late.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @raleighgirl09, you are NOT a slug!! You have proven that you are consistent and that pays off in the long run. You tell that wacko Maria that she is awesome and an inspiration to her entire Slimpossible team!! <3

@vegan4lyfe2012, girl you have no reason to be embarrassed!! We do NOT judge in this group. EVER!! When I had TOM visiting me my weight would just 5 to 6 lbs in a week. Now all I can do is blame it on two days of eating baked ziti and strawberry shortcake. Can you guess who should be embarrassed right now? ;)

@TeraBbreakingFree, you go girl!! That is so awesome to see a number on the scale that you haven’t seen in such a long time. Wayyy to empower yourself and the rest of us!! B)

@digger61, I am so VERY sorry to hear that your cancer is back. :'( You are super strong and you are right that if you can beat it once you will beat it again! I will be adding you to my prayer list and please just pop in whenever you can and let us know how you are doing. <3

@wrknonmedaily, I am sorry to hear about your separation. 30 years is a very long time and it will take you a long time to find your footing again. So happy that you have your kids to help you through this and you have us as well. You take care of yourself and you will come out the other side stronger than ever. <3

Hi everyone! Sorry if I missed you but I need to head out the door to ladies Bible study or I will be late. It’s raining yet again so I will need to watch my speed. Take care of yourself! <3

2/18 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-I did track it and I am over 400+calories due to eating all the leftovers from my dinner party today.
    NO gain on the scale- The scale has jumped up and I fear what it will say tomorrow
    Workout or 7500 steps-I did 30 minutes of weights and 30 minute treadmill cardio walk
    IF (17+ hrs)- 17 hrs.
    Thoughts for the day-Well, I have had two days of overeating and I go away with my girlfriends on Friday for an overnight stay where there will be eating out. I know I need to reign in it and get serious, but this month is hard. I move my mom in with me at the end of the month and that will be a few days of eating out as well. I think the best I can do right now is to try to do intermittent fasting for longer periods of time and try to watch the calories more than I have been. :#

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in
    Steps 02/17 10,922

Ok. I have not recovered yet despite the meeting with Jesus and the realizations I had come to - but I was less in the red yesterday than I had been....? So - progress....??? I'm trying to not have the awful thoughts but I'm struggling. I'm checking my collar bones a few times a day to be sure they are not sinking back into the globuals of neck and chest fat from whence they came.... =< At times like these, when I see signs of insanity, that I hope I can get past this.

Today I made sure to make my plan of food to eat for the day - and I followed it. OMG, such a simple thing that I have not been doing for several days and that act of not doing it has been like an insidious something which is insidious, it came quickly and silently and I just let it. Sigh. BUT. Today is better and I did one of the main things that works and I'm about to go log food for the next few days. =>

See below what is in store for the next few weeks and I am not sure how this all stacked up like this but here it is. I want to not only keep working toward my goals but also have fun and be relaxed. This is a tall order.
    • Next week - folks in town from work, lunch provided each day and two parties
    • Week after next - traveling, camping in Florida and visiting various family
    • Week after next of the next - the wedding of a friend's daughter Saturday the 14th - she is a master baker and I am one of the sous chefs and we're baking for two days, having parties and hanging out and then the blowout wedding and day after wedding

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes YESYES!!! why did I stop - this works!!!
    Times? B 10a, L 130p, D 630p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? regular hunger - hungry for meals not too much or little
    Exercise? 2 mile walk in the hood
    Sleep? 1115p-7a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? I can't even
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Tuesday check-in
    Feb 19
    Calories- under
    Water- under
    Exercise- 0

Habits:
    Carbs under 40- yes
    IF 12 hours- yes
    Smoking 1/2 pack today- no (15) 🙁
    Write in journal- yes

Congratulations @bethanie0825, @raleighgirl09, @tereaBbreakingfree for top 3 steppers!
    @digger61 sending positive vibes and prayers your way.
    @its_cleo glad you're having a better week.

Still not feeling too good. Sure will be glad to feel normal again, I don't do good at being sick, makes me grouchy and irritable.
  • Katmary71
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, strength, yoga (and walked around the house afterward to hit 10,000 steps before dinner!)
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- can't get to the gym until Th
    Cardio- done
    Strength daily- done
    Yoga- done
    Decluttering- did some but cans are full
    Recipe- have a couple to choose from
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    raleighgirl09

@nbbaby my hubby swears by the acupuncture he has done for his knees - sending healing vibes for your back! Getting more water can't hurt and will likely give your metabolism a boost!

Just wanted to mention it isn't acupuncture that I get. The needle is huge and long. But I am glad that your husband has found something that helps his knees.
    Sharon 🙂

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Today I made sure to make my plan of food to eat for the day - and I followed it. OMG, such a simple thing that I have not been doing for several days and that act of not doing it has been like an insidious something which is insidious, it came quickly and silently and I just let it. Sigh. BUT. Today is better and I did one of the main things that works and I'm about to go log food for the next few days. =>

I want to not only keep working toward my goals but also have fun and be relaxed. This is a tall order.

You are NOT alone!!! I woke up this morning and the very first thing I did after I stepped on the scale and saw it was up even higher than yesterday was to go and track my food for today. It is the one main thing that works and on days when I can track there really is no excuse for me not to. Not tracking baked ziti and strawberry shortcake the last two days doesn't mean that I didn't eat it! My scale sure as heck says I did!! :#

None of us can stop working towards our goals but we also have a life that must be lived and weddings and vacations are a part of yours. Tonight, I have a pizza and cake party with the kids at church. Friday night I'm with my girlfriends for a weekend conference where I will be eating out at every meal. Then I go get my mom the following weekend and my birthday is the day after we return. And there will be more eating events for the rest of the year and beyond!! What to do!! Hide under the covers and become a hermit. No can do!! :o We MUST find balance!! We MUST not lose our precious collar bones that we have worked so hard to find!! ;)<3
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Goodness I love this group. I had 90 posts to catch up on! So many great posts, triumphs and tragedies both. My heart goes out to all of you who are struggling.

I am attempting to figure out Fitrockr. Not having much success.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Hi everyone. I keep hesitating to post as I don't want to seem like I'm negative. I just realized you are my support group and that is what I am supposed to be doing!

It has been difficult for me on this journey as I am so easily discouraged my the numbers not moving on the scale. I started my new way of eating, which I am so excited about. I really just need to start moving more! I have the gym membership, but have felt intimidated to go since I haven't been back but 2 times since joining. Trying to let go of my intimidation and inhibitions. I know nobody is judging, just me.

I do not have gallstones! Yay! I still don't know what is causing my pain in my side though. I see the doc next week again as a follow up, so we will see then.

I really enjoy reading up on everyone and I will try to post more!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (1/29): 196.6
    Check in weight (2/8): 198.6
    Check in weight (2/13): 198.2
    Check in weight (2/19): 198.2 (STILL ugh)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: platform stepping 31 min; stretching (Essentrics/Classical Stretch) 23 min; martial arts 30 min
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) ✔️
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️
    Grateful: I get to head to the gym to life weights with my husband!

Goals and Improvements for Today (Wednesday)
    -- Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    -- Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    -- M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    -- Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) (planned: resistance training, martial arts class today)
    -- Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Work on the To Do List, including at least 2 minutes of cleaning my desk and making my office a great place to work.
    - Work on martial arts forms at home
  • Katmary71
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I keep hesitating to post as I don't want to seem like I'm negative. I just realized you are my support group and that is what I am supposed to be doing!

It has been difficult for me on this journey as I am so easily discouraged my the numbers not moving on the scale. I started my new way of eating, which I am so excited about. I really just need to start moving more! I have the gym membership, but have felt intimidated to go since I haven't been back but 2 times since joining. Trying to let go of my intimidation and inhibitions. I know nobody is judging, just me.

I do not have gallstones! Yay! I still don't know what is causing my pain in my side though. I see the doc next week again as a follow up, so we will see then.

I really enjoy reading up on everyone and I will try to post more!

@leonadixon Please don't stop posting, negative or positive! Chances are we've felt similar. The scale is down, that's something to be proud of! I'm glad you're excited about your new way of eating, that'll help a lot with developing your eating pattern. As far as the gym, my first goal for going was to just walk in the door! I'd advise planning to do something you feel somewhat comfortable with like making walking on the treadmill for a few minutes. I know for me if I can get myself inside the gym I usually follow through my workout. I have a 10 minute starting song that's my minimum workout and usually my legs warm up by then so the rest is easier to stick to. I'm glad you don't have gallstones! I hope the doctor gets to the bottom of it soon, it's frustrating to not know what's going on. Hang in there!
  • Katmary71
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, strength, yoga. Upped bike resistance yesterday and it was tough two days in a row at that level!
    Water- under

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- tomorrow's day 2
    Cardio- done
    Strength- done
    Yoga- done
    Decluttering- did some
    Recipe- still counting dijon chicken, will be at church tomorrow and Saturday so not sure when I'll be there or at home and still have the more delicate veggies to get through.
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Kayla7303 Weigh in
    Pw 185.2
    Cw 181.4
This discussion has been closed.