The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Let's have a great Tuesday!!! :smile:
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Yeah im getting older, but i would like to think i looking younger then i did 31/2 years ago. That bio age on Netflix. Pushed me to work out harder. Thinking i could look in my mid 20s instead of mid 30s
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    I love how whoever created this thread relegates everyone in their 30's as being "middle aged".....lol...I'm only 33, and I'm far from middle aged. 33 is not middle aged, dog gone it! I'm only 3 years outside of my 20's, for pete's sake. That said, anyone reading this, please feel free to add me!

Middle aged meaning, almost 60. I believe 30 is half way to 60.
  • Hello everyone. I hope that you all are having a awesome day.
  • xprincesszeldax
    xprincesszeldax Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hey all, 43yo father of 5 and want to make sure I'm here as long as possible for them. Was put on BP and Cholesterol meds a year ish ago and was told to get in shape. Been trying and hope this app helps. Its awesome there is a community here to help. Quit smoking over 3 years ago and the community part of the app was a huge help. Feel free to add!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!! You got this!!! If you can quit smoking, im sure you'll be in shape in no time. It's all about being committed, consistent and disciplined 💪
  • Ninersfan7631
    Ninersfan7631 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey all, 43yo father of 5 and want to make sure I'm here as long as possible for them. Was put on BP and Cholesterol meds a year ish ago and was told to get in shape. Been trying and hope this app helps. Its awesome there is a community here to help. Quit smoking over 3 years ago and the community part of the app was a huge help. Feel free to add!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!! You got this!!! If you can quit smoking, im sure you'll be in shape in no time. It's all about being committed, consistent and disciplined 💪

Thank you so much!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Happy Hump day all! I have exercised for 6 days in a row. Today will be a rest day (although I should manage close to 20,000 steps). I'm really looking forward to relative sedentariness...
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member

I've found the app invaluable. My BP, 1AC and cholesterol have all gone from high to normal or low over the last year. I've lost around 20kgs.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Happy Hump day all! I have exercised for 6 days in a row. Today will be a rest day (although I should manage close to 20,000 steps). I'm really looking forward to relative sedentariness...

Hey well done. I've been working hard lately too. I can feel my body getting tired so I'm going to go easy today but i can feel changes so that keeps me going. It's amazing when you notice the hard work making a difference
  • SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 134 Member
    Have any of you tried or are currently doing Orange Theory or another similar group fitness like that? I used to love doing boot camp classes years ago. My biggest hurdle or at least my current excuse is the intimidation factor of just walking through the doors and not embarrassing myself trying to get started.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »
    Have any of you tried or are currently doing Orange Theory or another similar group fitness like that? I used to love doing boot camp classes years ago. My biggest hurdle or at least my current excuse is the intimidation factor of just walking through the doors and not embarrassing myself trying to get started.

I've a friend who does it and loves it. I checked out the website and I felt the claims they made on there were to appeal to someone who doesn't really know much about fitness and wants a quick fix. From what my friend says it seems quite gimmicky. She'll tell me she ran at a quick per mile pace I asked for how long well it's just a quick interval. If you're into that kind of thing I'm sure it would be good. Not my thing.

Also why ever feel embarrassed for starting? Everyone has to and did start somewhere. I am often told at the rink someone was too intimidated because they saw the skaters were really good....know what if you make the effort someone like me with help you and give you some pointers. It takes a lot of guts to try.
  • MrPositivity77
    MrPositivity77 Posts: 1 Member
    Starting over and looking for some middle aged dudes to help keep me accountable. 42 male with 60 to lose!
  • sarcstk1inct
    sarcstk1inct Posts: 14 Member

This app has been a Godsend. It's helped me realize just how crappy I was eating... LOL. Congrats on quitting smoking.

Determination is all that is needed to succeed. I am a mother of 2 and they are my purpose for continuing to improve in all aspects of my life. Whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated! This place is an awesome asset in that journey.

Ok, I will stop sounding like an inspirational poster on the wall of HR...
  • Ninersfan7631

This app has been a Godsend. It's helped me realize just how crappy I was eating... LOL. Congrats on quitting smoking.

Determination is all that is needed to succeed. I am a mother of 2 and they are my purpose for continuing to improve in all aspects of my life. Whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated! This place is an awesome asset in that journey.

Ok, I will stop sounding like an inspirational poster on the wall of HR...

Thanks so much! I love all the support here. I like the app so far and I think it will be a huge help in reaching my goal!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »

No I haven't tried it. But just remember everyone there was new once. So whilst you might feel embarrassed , push yourself to go in and once you've done that the biggest hurdle is over, you'll make friends and day 2 will be easier.
  • isleycat
    isleycat Posts: 5 Member
    48, mother of two under 10. I’m inspired by the success stories. Second time around on MFP. Lots of trepidation. I can use some friends!
  • Ninersfan7631
    isleycat wrote: »
    48, mother of two under 10. I’m inspired by the success stories. Second time around on MFP. Lots of trepidation. I can use some friends!

You can do it!