When did you realize you were an adult?

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    When 9PM started to feel like midnight 😴

I feels you! This is so me now. Making it to 10am seems like I stayed up all night. The other night when we went out and got home at 2am and then my internal clock woke me up at 6am. I like crap bc of the lack of sleep.
  • mommabear4315
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    The day I buy a suit. Still hasn’t happened but I hope to later this year - so - Stay tuned I guess. If you care - I’m sure you don’t but I’ll post anyway - you’re welcome

When you do purchase it. Make a suit thread.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    The day I buy a suit. Still hasn’t happened but I hope to later this year - so - Stay tuned I guess. If you care - I’m sure you don’t but I’ll post anyway - you’re welcome

When you do purchase it. Make a suit thread.

There is a suit thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/330384/men-in-suits that desperately needs resurrection, IMHO
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Closed my first deal @10 years old.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    When I stopped caring what other people thought of me.

Especially co-workers, acquaintances, and random people who I don't care about.
    I think in our youth, we spend too much energy trying to impress or please other people, or convincing yourself that everyone has to be your friend and no one should be allowed to dislike you.

As an adult, I realized that the only people I want to please are the friends and family who I love.
    Everyone else can like me or not and it doesn't bother me anymore.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    When I got my will notarized
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2020

I think in our youth, we spend too much energy trying to impress or please other people, or convincing yourself that everyone has to be your friend and no one should be allowed to dislike you.

As an adult, I realized that the only people I want to please are the friends and family who I love.

Agreed! But I'd like to add something to this, if you don't mind...

I also became an adult the day I realized that you shouldn't allow others to slander and bully you either. There's caring about what others think of you, and then there's just criminal, abusive behaviors that need to have proper boundaries established against those harassing you and intentionally trying to bring you down and ruin your life. You can still not care what they think, but you shouldn't just be "nice to everyone no matter what they do to you." I'm sure the people bullying you wouldn't allow such things to happen to themselves, and would definitely care if you said something about them that they didn't agree with or like.

Just my $0.02. :smiley:
  • mommabear4315

Agreed! But I'd like to add something to this, if you don't mind...

I also became an adult the day I realized that you shouldn't allow others to slander and bully you either. There's caring about what others think of you, and then there's just criminal, abusive behaviors that need to have proper boundaries established against those harassing you and intentionally trying to bring you down and ruin your life. You can still not care what they think, but you shouldn't just be "nice to everyone no matter what they do to you." I'm sure the people bullying you wouldn't allow such things to happen to themselves, and would definitely care if you said something about them that they didn't agree with or like.

Just my $0.02. :smiley:

Both valid points. You set your boundaries.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    This thread popped into my head last night while I was watching the 11pm news.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I already posted the first time.
    It was reinforced when it became obvious to me that I did NOT know everything.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    When I accepted that I don’t have to and don’t want to conform to many of society’s rules. That the sky wouldn’t fall, life would go on, my mother would get over it. At least I think she will.

Tldr: just now 😁
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    When my Wish adds started to get really messed up.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I'm still not sure I'm an adult, even though I'm in my 30's
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    I was 16 when i started driving. I thought hey im older an feel like an adult. Tried hitting on the older women when i was 17.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    When I was told I’m old enough to get the vaccine for shingles :#
  • honeybee__12
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    When I was told I’m old enough to get the vaccine for shingles :#

Good One! 😀
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    When my voice changed to a deep voice
  • my_gatorgirl_8
    my_gatorgirl_8 Posts: 125 Member
    When I got married at 17.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    When I had kids.
  • honeybee__12
    I already posted when my son was born but I was thinking, it was actually when I found out I was pregnant.
    That’s when worry became a big part of my life and I no longer felt like a kid.