Summer Goals

What's your weight loss or fitness goals you have set for yourself this year? Short term, long term?
What's the reason for it?

I'm curious where other people are at because I don't know if it's posed in another discussion or not..and wondering who else is in my same boat.

Me, I'd like to look good in my bikini again is what I'm mainly after. But I want to lose at least 40 pounds and have had some health problems this past year which scared me and that make health more important. It is also personal and psychological, to defeat some demons.

My goal is to get back to my original weight, hopefully 50 or 60. I want to be leaner and stronger. My short-term goals for achieving this are to start lifting in the gym, and incorporating different types of exercise into my routine to shape my body.

Replies

• SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Be healthy fit and able to enjoy life into the 50s.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Sounds like worthy prospects
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I want my strength back from before the back injury, I want my blood sugar issues in remission and I want to be decidedly not fat!
  • jloague
    jloague Posts: 8 Member
    What up people.
    I'm back in the community because my summer goal is to drop 20 lbs, mostly body fat. The best accountability I had was me & this app assisted with noting my daily routine. Today, Feb. 17 my coworkers & I are starting a 10 day no processed sugar diet, all are welcomed. I need a little structure.
    Thanks for taking & I hope we can motivate & keep each other accountable
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    My goals are to drop the last 15-20, run my first 5k and complete a mini triathlon! Last year i focused mainly on weight loss and muscle retention, this year im getting on my cardio! Goals are important and i love hearing other peoples
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I've been maintaining in a 10 lb range for about six years and I want to finally get and stay at the very bottom of that range. I have a lot of cute clothing items for spring/summer that fit, but are a bit snug or don't fit exactly right at times...I want to put a stop to that. Those clothes are my focus.

Physically/fitness and health wise I am satisfied with where I am now - but I just get lazy and eat junk too often, causing bloat or sodium spikes putting me up a bit. Time to end that habit.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    My goals are to drop the last 15-20, run my first 5k and complete a mini triathlon! Last year i focused mainly on weight loss and muscle retention, this year im getting on my cardio! Goals are important and i love hearing other peoples

That sounds awesome good for you! You aim high for yourself and I feel inspired. I feel I want to get stronger, and try and do new exercises like trail running.