Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @SERmom3 Not yet. I'm waiting for the doctor to sign the FMLA papers for work. Once I get home I'm gonna start doing the stuff for disability. So hopefully I'll be home today and can start that tomorrow.
  • HEGoddard0928
    edited February 2020
    @mytime6630 I'm glad that your hubby doesn't need surgery and that it hasn't spread to his bones! That is a very good thing! The both of you are in my prayers!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Still dragging yesterday, so I didn't get much done. Need to catch up today.

Goals for Wednesday, February 19, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym (Pilates) - √ - Easier this week
    • Household chores 60+ min – X
    • Grading/email/LMS updates - Minimal
    • Online course HW - X

JFT Goals for Thursday, February 20, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym
    • Household chores 60+ min
    • Grading/email/LMS updates
    • Online course HW

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 - So glad the surgery went well and that you're up and around already. Hope you're home soon and resting in your own comfy home.
  • HEGoddard0928
    @beachwalker99 I hope I am too! Lol.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I did not have time to post goals yesterday, but good news--my tango class is a go! I will be very glad to be able to do just a bit of dancing in my small town. It's not easy to get to the city from here, and I have really been missing dance.

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. 5 freggies :) more like 10
    4. 10C liquids :)
    5. walk on work breaks :)
    6. cardio/weight workout :(
    7. 6 hrs sleep :)

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. walk on work breaks
    6. swim a mile
    7. 6 hrs sleep
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Surgery went well. It turned out it was the left ovary not the right and the mass was bigger than they thought. But they removed both as well as the tube. They sent it down to radiology. I'm hoping to hear the results from the doctor when she visits today. I just want to know how much it weighed! Because apparently it's what was making me get fat. And hopefully now that that it's out of me my acne will go away because my hormones will be normal again. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Thank you to all my friends who prayed for me and sent me warm fuzzy thoughts. They were definitely appreciated.

I was up and walking around this morning and my fluid output was great. The nurse was kind of shocked because most of the time she has to tell people to drink water where I drink it like a fish. Lol.

I'm hoping that I get to go home today! I miss my bed. I only got about 4hrs of sleep and it was completely disjointed. And I miss Panda. He's going to be bummed that he can't lay in my lap for a couple of weeks. But oh well. Lol.

I'm hoping to be back to school at the beginning of April. So keep your fingers crossed for that.

So over all things have gone well!

Losing both ovaries is going to put you straight into menopause, isn't it? I don't think that your hormones are going to go back to normal per se. Surgeons don't always do a great job of explaining these things, so you may want to follow up with your regular GYN.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited February 2020
    Recap W 2/19 Hump Day!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,919 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 32 floors :neutral:
    2) Log meals & snacks (not sure what's happening for supper) / net calories green / 14c water = Net cals green :mrgreen: (with exercise cals from bowling, not sure how accurate), sodium -560, sugar -17, fiber excellent, protein low-ish, 15c water
    3) Evening plans & supper? = Ate leftovers for supper at home before meeting BFF, much better than food at bowling alley (mainly pizzas & fried foods). Even skipped beer, don't think I've ever been bowling w/o beer before! Bowled 3 games w/ P, my arm got tired & sore last night, and today I'm sore in my torso. I didn't bowl horrible (most of the time) and it was fun w/ just the two of us. Something we might do again w/ hubbies, since it's going to be winter a long time yet, it feels like. :smiley:
    4) Unplug 9:00 :( / FLOSS :s / RETAINERS :s / bed & tv off 10 :)(treadmill R before work since lunchtime snowshoe hike will be canceled due to wind chills below 0F)

JFT R 2/20 ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Log meals & snacks / look up yak info online / net calories green / 14c water
    3) Don't putz through workday, get stuff done
    4) Evening: make planned supper / choir 6:30 / wash dishes / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & no tv 10 (treadmill or x-train before work F)

As I expected, workplace lunchtime snowshoe hike has been canceled due to wind chill temps below 0F (thermometer read -5F when I left for work, w/o wind chill factored in). Had planned to walk treadmill before work but woke w/ terrible headache so reset alarm. Thankfully, achy head much better now.

@mytime6630 and @HEGoddard0928 Happy things seem to be resolving somewhat. Keeping you still in thought & prayer.

Shamrock Challenge: 3X (17,18,19) @TerriRichardson112 please shamrock me :)

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2/1/20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Wednesday went well. Still didn’t manage to knock out emails or back logged paper work.. 😑
    Almost skipped workout AND just prior to that ate three Sasquatch sized hand fulls of M&Ms... man I had all I could do not filling up a bowl of those little candies from heaven and watching Netflix w the girls. Yesterday was weird. Was ravenous during dinner. I made a ground turkey Shepard’s pie. Had two servings and I just wanted to keep eating. Crazy thing was I knew I had eaten enough so I started chewing some gum to let myself settle. Sure enough 10 minutes later I just felt stuffed. Am I just eating too fast?
    Still ended up having awesome workout and meeting physical and diet goals but almost went off rails

Great job keeping it in check!
  • HEGoddard0928
    And it ate today's post. Fine. Whatever. I hate everything right now anyway.

Noo!!! We love you! Be strong dear friend!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 I’m glad your surgery went well and hope you have a quick recovery. If Panda is anything like my cat, he’s not going to be very understanding!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Surgery went well. It turned out it was the left ovary not the right and the mass was bigger than they thought. But they removed both as well as the tube. They sent it down to radiology. I'm hoping to hear the results from the doctor when she visits today. I just want to know how much it weighed! Because apparently it's what was making me get fat. And hopefully now that that it's out of me my acne will go away because my hormones will be normal again. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Thank you to all my friends who prayed for me and sent me warm fuzzy thoughts. They were definitely appreciated.

I was up and walking around this morning and my fluid output was great. The nurse was kind of shocked because most of the time she has to tell people to drink water where I drink it like a fish. Lol.

I'm hoping that I get to go home today! I miss my bed. I only got about 4hrs of sleep and it was completely disjointed. And I miss Panda. He's going to be bummed that he can't lay in my lap for a couple of weeks. But oh well. Lol.

I'm hoping to be back to school at the beginning of April. So keep your fingers crossed for that.

So over all things have gone well!

Still praying Hannah. I'm praying your total healing with no need for chemo or any other drugs. Praying for hormonal balance and goal weight reached. So thankful you came through well. I love you my Sister🎈🎈🎈🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹