What's on your mind?

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Q
    I'm about to quit my job so that's on my mind. I have a little savings so I can take a few months looking for something else; not that I anticipate taking months. I just can't keep sticking it out. Just get through today- just get through today, every day. Going to a new department helped but was not the cure. I'm in and out of panic about the thought of unemployment but I also fear for my mental health staying. I've given this place over two years of my life and it's been a nightmare the whole time. Insomnia, weight gain, constant dread and frequent panic, it's caused fights in my relationship. All signs point to go. Just trying to cash out that pto! Use my sick days. What I really want is to quit right now but I'm trying to leave the right way so if I ever need to return with my tail in between my legs, I can.

I wish I had your courage, as I can fully empathize, though I've been at it nearly 12 years now. I keep telling people I stick with this job until I finally figure out what I want to do when I grow up!

Girl same! I told myself that I was quitting last year and here we are. I've made the joke about catch me still here in 20 years. I'm 31 and don't have any idea what I want to do forever either but it isn't this! Maybe it isn't too late to start a band......😅
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    right this minute,
    *kitten* you are fine.
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    eating beet chips. Costco sells them
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Did you know when you edit a post the original still shows up when someone clicks the “bell” icon? Which is kiiiinda scary. When I post pics, sometimes 20 of them end up with a check mark by accident because it’s so sensitive. And I’ve posted a bunch by accident before. Thankfully nothing too crazy. But....something to think about.
    ywbz3gs598bs.jpeg
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited February 2020
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    I'm getting really excited for March to arrive. Not only am I done chemotherapy on the 12th but I'm going to see Pearl Jam on my Birthday on the 22nd! 😊
    Can't wait for the 12th. And Pearl Jam? Yeah, I'm jealous.

I can't wait either! Leaving to go to the hospital in about 1 hour for round 17! Just one left after this 😊 I'm super excited for Pearl Jam ❤

Good luck today!

As far as the fun at that concert, Can't think of anyone more deserving, T.

Hope you have a friggin blast. 😊🤗
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Did you know when you edit a post the original still shows up when someone clicks the “bell” icon? Which is kiiiinda scary. When I post pics, sometimes 20 of them end up with a check mark by accident because it’s so sensitive. And I’ve posted a bunch by accident before. Thankfully nothing too crazy. But....something to think about.
    ywbz3gs598bs.jpeg

There’s a bell icon?😮
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ywbz3gs598bs.jpeg

There’s a bell icon?😮

This one...I think it shows you the threads you’ve commented on that have gotten new responses since you’ve last been on?
    gmdiwqyawmv6.jpeg
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Got 4 inches trimmed off my hair on Tuesday and it kinda feels really short.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Got 4 inches trimmed off my hair on Tuesday and it kinda feels really short.

I'm sure it looks great. 😊
    4 inches off my hair? Yeah, that's scalp. 😆😆
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I had to cancel my trip to Vegas this weekend

sorry to hear that. hope all is ok...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    ywbz3gs598bs.jpeg

There’s a bell icon?😮

This one...I think it shows you the threads you’ve commented on that have gotten new responses since you’ve last been on?
    gmdiwqyawmv6.jpeg

Ohhh thank you