Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• @springlering62: OK, that is a massively cool thing to do! I am impressed and really want you to post as you get ready for it and as you do it if you can. I mean....wow. Footsteps of history.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited February 2020
    Has anyone noticed (if you’re a girl) that men tend to mention your weight loss more than women?

Some men at my work mention my 15 lb weight loss but seriously NONE of the women at my work has said anything besides this one lady I don’t even work with. My husband tells me multiple times a day. I’m 5’1 and went from 120 lbs, down to 105 lbs in 2 months and still losing. Sounds like a lot but I’m losing in a healthy way. Not starving at all. Not too much exercise either. In the past, I’ve felt the most healthy and comfortable between 103-105lbs.

Comments I’ve received:

“Are you trying to be anorexic?”
    “What does your husband think?”
    And my favorite...
    “You had nothing to lose to begin with.”
    Has anyone noticed (if you’re a girl) that men tend to mention your weight loss more than women?

Some men at my work mention my 15 lb weight loss but seriously NONE of the women at my work has said anything besides this one lady I don’t even work with. My husband tells me multiple times a day. I’m 5’1 and went from 120 lbs, down to 105 lbs in 2 months and still losing. Sounds like a lot but I’m losing in a healthy way. Not starving at all. Not too much exercise either. In the past, I’ve felt the most healthy and comfortable between 103-105lbs.

Comments I’ve received:

“Are you trying to be anorexic?”
    “What does your husband think?”
    And my favorite...
    “You had nothing to lose to begin with.”

I had the opposite experience; nearly everyone who mentioned my weight loss was a woman (I'm female). After a few months they get used to "the new you" and all the comments stop.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!