Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Miss you all! Thoughts and prayers to Joan and Hannah.

Baby boy is here! It was pretty traumatic. I slipped and fell at work, water broke, labored for 48 hours and delivered him at 35 weeks. Some breathing issues but no nicu. Hubby got sick while i was in labor and was masked and gowned for delivery but had to leave immediately following and couldnt come back for 48 hours, my mom came and stayed with us. We spent another 5 days in the hospital due to jaundice. Got realesed Thursday night and readmitted Saturday night for more jaundice issues and got realesed again Sunday night. Been having some serious post partum anxiety. DH is back to work today but weve got help coming over every day thru next Friday planned. His name is Raymond! Hes sweet and sleepy and im getting some sleep at night for the first time in 10 days. Just a quick check in, hope to talk to you all more soon!

Oh my. Welcome to the world little trooper🎈🐻 Welcome Raymond from auntie Mary. Love you Sister. You've been through a lot dear one. Continued prayers for you, baby and hubby🌹🙏🙏🙏
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Just for today:
    I will not snack at night after supper.
    I am carrying at least 50 extra pounds, but I am striving to lose 1/2 lb to 1 lb a week.

how can I join this group? thanks! so confusing

@R@Rita7Denise WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!! 💐
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

[/b]The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    February:
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    Mon 03: 150.1 Phew!
    Tue 04: 148.6 - 3.5 😍
    Wed 05: 149.6 😂 Boing! Boing! Boing!
    Fri 07: 149.1 🤞🏻
    Week 1
    Sat 08: 148.9
    Sun 09: 149.4
    Mon 10: 149.2
    Tue 11: 148.8
    Wed 12: 148.4
    Thu 13: 148.7 just gotta deal with these daily fluctuations and hope that the trend is ever downward.
    Fri 14: 148.6
    Week 1 loss: 1 lbs
    Week 2 loss: 0.5
    Week 3:
    Sat 15: DNW slept very late and forgot
    Sun 16: 150.1
    Mon 17: 148.6 😄 Phew!!!
    Tue 18: 148.8
    Wed 19: 148.8
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Thu 20 Feb
    Daily Goals:🌟
    Activities:
    • 10.15: Dancing 🌟
    • DYD coming for dinner. We are planning her 50th birthday in a fortnight 💁🏼 Daughter cancelled. One of her dogs had to have a small op and she had to look after him.

JFT Thu 20 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10am: Latin Study Group
    • 2pm: PPlus (photography group)

• TerriRichardson112
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (28 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

☘☘Aubrette: (aubyshortcake) (Feb 17,18)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️Terri: (TerriRichardson112) (Feb 17,18,19,20)
    ☘️☘️☘️Gwen: (beachwalker) (Feb 17,18,19)
    Hannah: (HEGoddard) (Feb
    ☘️☘️☘️Carmela: (cschmitz110515) (Feb 17,18,19)
    ☘️☘️Jennifer: (jeschepp) (Feb 17,18,19)
    ☘☘️☘️Lisa: (SERmom3) (Feb 17,18, 19)
    Jen: (withgoodfirm) (Feb
    ☘️☘️☘️Joan: (mytime6630) (Feb 17, 18, 19)
    ☘️Tracie: (Snowflake1968) (Feb 19)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ZizzyBumble (Feb 17,18,19,20)
    Nikki: (pridesabtch) (Feb
    ☘️Bookmeister (Feb 17)
  • TerriRichardson112
    @AJB1014 Welcome to little Raymond. May his life be long and fruitful.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I have been here, I've been stuck in a constant cycle of trying to catch up with posts but by the next day there's hundreds more again lol.
    So I've not read any since the first of Feb and admitted defeat lmao!!

However, the page I was on showed @mytime6630 post of your husbands results.
    Im so sorry, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. It's been 2 weeks now? Any further updates? Hope you're okay xx

And I hope everyone else is okay too ,x

So happy to see you! Really miss you! ❤️

@mytime6630 I’m so happy to hear that there is no bone or organ involvement! That’s a huge relief! I have been praying for you both! ♥️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Calories in Green - I am struggling so hard with this

It is hard! For me, my big challenges are snacking at/ post work, and eating out. I'm struggling with those a lot.

What in particular are your big challenges? What are you doing differently to before? If you can identify the key issues, maybe we can help you find some solutions/tactics for them?

My biggest problem is takeout lunches at work, evening snacking and lack of movement.

I can tell you all of the excuses I’m using but truthfully I’m just not into it.

I have promised myself I’ll only have one day a week for takeout lunch. I have done that last week and this week I haven’t. Today I took my lunch but when everyone else decided on Dairy Queen I had a burger too. At least I didn’t get the fries, coke and ice cream like everyone else. Then I came home from work and Rodger decided we should order pizza. I ate a small pizza by myself because it was there not because I wanted it really. Didn’t avoid the coke with that.

I am craving carbs terribly and want all the potato chips in the world! When I started this weight loss round two years ago I was able to just do it and I was doing it until this past July. I have now gained back 15 of my 25 lb loss and I know I need to get back at it, but I can’t seem to find my determination to do it.

I’m going to keep trying, keep logging and keep posting my goals. I know if I do that I won’t give up completely. I also am still weighing daily. I think I need to sign up for a couple of exercise classes, some more swim lessons, something that is costing me money if I don’t do. That might get me going again. I also think spring will get me going again.

I’m anxious to start my walking again, but I hate walking inside in a track.

Thanks for asking, it made me think about it and write it all out. Oh! Your afternoon snacks are my evening snacks, after Rodger goes to bed. Those are definitely not helping.
    M
  • Snowflake1968
    @teigansdad - eating too fast is one of my downfalls too. I grew up in a very cold house and I ate fast so my food wouldn’t get cold. My Dad also rushed us to eat.

A few years ago, and I was thinking about this the other day, i followed a plan that taught mindful eating. You only ate when you were feeling actual hunger. While eating you used a smaller plate, (Did you know plates are about 2” larger now than our parents generation) you couldn’t read, watch tv or anything while you ate. You would take a mouthful, set your fork down and chew your food. Before picking your fork up again you sort of paid attention to your stomach and how it was feeling. I lost about 30 lbs doing that method and didn’t really change anything else.
  • Snowflake1968
    @HEGoddard0928 - happy to read the surgery went well.

@AJB1014 - Congratulations!!! It sounds like a pretty traumatic time but he’s here and you’re both healthy that’s all that matters. Can’t wait to see pics!

@pridesabtch - adding you to my prayers.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Thursday Feb 20
    2L of water - 😟 1.5 so getting better
    Log all food - 😟 I’m not logging anymore it’s in the red and I’ve eaten more
    Calories in green - 😟
    Gratitude journal - 🙂 I will do this before going to bed

JFT - Friday Feb 21
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Calories in green
    Gratitude journal
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Wow, I’ve been offline for 10 days or so and so much has happened!
    @AJB1014 : congratulations! 🍼 best of luck in the weeks and months to come. Take any postpartum anxiety or “blues” seriously—don’t try to suck it up, make sure you get all the help that you and your little Raymond need.
    @HEGoddard0928 —so glad your surgery went well. May you heal fast!

To those struggling—treat yourself with all the love, kindness, and understanding that you offer to others...we see you do it here all the time!

Back today from 13 day trip to Spain and Ireland (work-play-work). Kept to healthy choices more often than not; got a lot exercise in until I developed an overuse injury on my ankle. Used a “points” system to motivate me towards my habits, regardless that I couldn’t measure my results. Even though the points I earned declined as the trip went on, the accountability really kept me focused on getting good sleep, prioritizing exercise, and journaling each day (which is when I plan the next day, this increasing chance of success).

So...Friday in the PST time zone!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal

Friday Action Plan:
    1. Up by 6am, pill, dress, pets, walk, 2yoga reps, pill
    2. Breakfast: yogurt+protein powder + Kashi (+ coffee!)
    3. On computer by 8am
    4. Lunch: protein pancake (if eggs are fresh)
    5. Track all!
    6. Dinner : salad, lean meat
    7. Bed by 11, journal
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 21 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

It’s another cold wet and windy day and it’s a day for housework - a never ending task!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 I’m glad your surgery went well and hope you have a quick recovery. If Panda is anything like my cat, he’s not going to be very understanding!

He's currently laying between my legs because I refuse to let him in my lap. I've gotten a bunch of dirty looks from him today. He's sleeping now though. Lol. And he's on his favorite comfy blanket. Lol

It sounds as if Panda is warm and comfy even if he is not in his favourite place. Our house is cold this morning, when I woke up Benson, the cat, was asleep on me. Once I moved he went to the cupboard that contains the boiler and demanded to be let in as he thinks it’s the warmest place to sleep.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (28 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

☘☘☘Aubrette: (aubyshortcake) (Feb 17,18,19)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️Terri: (TerriRichardson112) (Feb 17,18,19,20)
    ☘️☘️☘️Gwen: (beachwalker) (Feb 17,18,19)
    Hannah: (HEGoddard) (Feb
    ☘️☘️☘️Carmela: (cschmitz110515) (Feb 17,18,19)
    ☘️☘️Jennifer: (jeschepp) (Feb 17,18,19)
    ☘☘️☘️Lisa: (SERmom3) (Feb 17,18, 19)
    Jen: (withgoodfirm) (Feb
    ☘️☘️☘️Joan: (mytime6630) (Feb 17, 18, 19)
    ☘️Tracie: (Snowflake1968) (Feb 19)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ZizzyBumble (Feb 17,18,19,20)
    Nikki: (pridesabtch) (Feb
    ☘️Bookmeister (Feb 17)