Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies! My workout today's workout was STS Disc #18 Back and Biceps. My back is slightly better so I have to keep babying it. I've been using lighter weights this week because of my back. I'm not happy about the lighter weights, but better safe than sorry!

Today was yet another rainy day. More of the same tomorrow, plus lower temps.

Laurie, great workout. I'm glad you came up with a vision for your next rotation. It sounds really good too!

I'm sorry you're heading back into cold temps again! Yikes! Those are cold temps!

Laurel, wonderful workout!

My back seems better when I'm exercising. Standing for too long is not good right now. I was cleaning the kitchen today and making dinner and I ended up with a tight back.
    OMG, tell me about the rain! It's been pouring since the afternoon non-stop!
    How is the construction situation in your neighborhood going? What about your floors?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Rev'd Up Rumble. So love that workout.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts. Love that BH abs workout, will have to remember that one to add to my rotation for abs. I hope that the 12 weeks will be interesting. It will give such great variety, and I hope it helps me from getting bored with a rotation. I find that is what happens to me with some rotations. I'm going to try to keep all the workouts to 30-40 mins. also. I could probably do a year of workouts just doing some of the premixes. :D I can't believe that we may have spring soon. Winters are getting tougher and tougher to deal with.

Thelma, Great job with your workout, and taking the weight down to help your back. It is hard to deal with, but in the end your body will be happier. Hope it didn't rain to much. Thanks for the kudos on my rotation, I'm getting excited to try it out. I have all the DVD's that I will be using stacked up and ready to go. This is my attempt to weed out some of my workouts also. I'm pulling out a couple of Kathy Smith workouts that I have not done since the girls where little. Now that I know more about exercise, they will probably be some good workouts if I use heavier weights.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core Express followed by Cathe Live Kick, Box and Bags. <3<3<3 My whole workout gets three hearts for three reasons. First, Cathe Live seems to be working again, and maybe a little better than ever. Yay! It was getting frustrating over the last few months, but I think them switching to a new server has fixed the issue. Second, the upper body workout was great! I used one weight increment below Cathe throughout just to keep it safe but, honestly, I could have gone as heavy as Cathe in many areas. Granted, this is not her toughest upper body workout by a mile, but it isn’t easy either. So I am very encouraged by this and how my arm is feeling. And, finally, this was my first full kickboxing workout in over a month. :D:D Here’s hoping my arm still feels good in a few hours, but, so far, so good.

Thelma, great workout! I am sorry your back is still sore and think it wise to keep the weights down because of it. I am with you on the frustration of keeping the weights lighter. :) Like you, it was non-stop rain yesterday. Today is cloudy and cool with more rain and colder temperatures tomorrow. They are even tossing around the snow word. :o About our floor....it is fixed! The guys who came in to do the work were absolutely fantastic. It was a surprisingly simple process to insert glue under the hardwood to get it to stick to the subfloor. It is so nice not to be tripping over bubbles anymore. :D About the construction, they are laying the cinder block foundation of the house to our south as I type. This lot/house has not been bought yet, but they are pushing forward with it much quicker than our lot to the north....which has been bought. But it looks like they might start on that one soon. But, thankfully, no more heavy machinery in our back yard! It will be noisy and dirty for awhile....and then it will be done. I am still happy they will be doing the construction on both sides of us nearly simultaneously.

Laurie, great workout! The kickboxing workout I did today was Cathe’s live version on Rev’d Up Rumble. It includes a little more impact (not much, though) and a heavy bag section. So much fun! I will be curious how you feel doing Kathy Smith again. I only ever had one workout of hers, but I remember enjoying it. I got my start with Jazzercise videos and Jane Fonda.....and I won’t ever revisit any of those. :D Thankfully The Firm came along when I was only a few years in to my home workout habit. :) I hear you about winter.....and I live in a place without ice, snow or extreme cold!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Wednesday!

Work is finally calming down slightly, which is helping with my stress level and allowing me to sleep at night! Busy few weeks ahead as we wrap up hockey for my oldest and then all focus is on lacrosse for him. My youngest has hockey until mid March and then he's done until next hockey season (no other sports for him). I'm hoping this warmer weather headed here for the weekend stays!

Workouts have been every other day right now, 30 minutes, and primarily KCM. I would like to make it every day, but I'm trying to allow myself some time to just sit and do nothing with how busy work and sports has been. I don't do enough of that and I think it's helping me overall to just relax.

Thelma, I'm so happy to hear the humira is helping with the pain! The lower back strain is something I am all too familiar with! I have an extra vertebrae at the end of my spine, which causes me to strain my lower back more than most. I am like you...I still keep pushing on, but just lighten the weights and do lots of stretching. Sometimes ice/heat helps...sometimes. I hope that rain stops soon, I've been hearing of a lot of flooding down south right now!

Laurie, I love the new rotation...sounds wonderful! I'm really enjoying KCM and for whatever reason, they are really challenging me well. Normally, I feel like KCM workouts are too "easy" for me compared to Cathe, but I think scaling back my intensity and workout duration has caused the shorter workouts to be more of a challenge for me. I looked at some of the RAW videos the other day. I'll have to look again to see if I want to start including those. Still have to figure out a set up as I don't have a smart TV in my workout room or always have access to a laptop, so I'd have to stream it on my phone...not ideal.

Laurel, I'm happy to hear the LIVE site is working well! I almost started my membership up again, but thought I'd wait to hear your thoughts...plus I need to find an option other than streaming on my phone. Works ok for some workouts, but others it's a little tough to follow on a phone! Great job being productive this weekend but also getting out for dinner with DH!

Tami, Hi--hope your week is going well!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts today were Beginner Gentle and Sculpted-Movement Fusion.

I am having a rheumatoid arthritis flareup. It's my left-hand middle finger. The middle knuckle hurts and it's a little swollen. I had some steroids from before and I took one and it's helping already. I will call my doctor tomorrow.

My back is much better today. I could feel it release it during my gentle yoga class when the instructor read my mind and did hip openers. I was house cleaning this afternoon so it got a little tight again. I'll keep stretching.

It didn't rain today but it was cloudy and cold. Tomorrow will bring more rain and possibly freezing rain. Temps will be in the low to mid 30's.

Laurie, great job with Rev'd Up Rumble. I love that one too.
    Sounds like you're ready to go with that rotation. I can't wait to hear how it goes. OMG, you still have Kathy Smith DVDs! I got rid of those and also The Firm DVDs.

Laurel, awesome workout! I'm so happy your arm is handling the workouts so well! What a relief that Cathe Live is working again and better than ever!

It is frustrating to not be able to use heavier weights, but safety first! We are definitely having the same weather! Snow or freezing rain! Yikes!
    I'm so glad your floor is fixed and that you had great service! It is a good thing that both houses are being built at the same time so you only go through that torture once. How long does it take to build a house?

Erika, I'm so glad things at work are calming down so you can relax a little and get some sleep. I hope the warm weather sticks around for you!

Good job with those workouts! I'm glad the workout frequency is allowing you to relax.
    I do keep pushing on when I'm injured because workouts keep me from getting stiff and relax me. Wow, I can't believe you have an extra vertebra. Stretching is really good. There is a lot of flooding in the south but I don't think anywhere close to us.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a nice relaxing workout. I did Cathe's Stretch Max Segment #1. Felt great, and I have not done that one in a while.

Laurel, I'm really glad to hear that Cathe has gotten the issue fixed with the server. I had heard quite a few people complain about that. Nice job on all the workouts, and being able to finally do a kickboxing workout. ;) Very encouraging that you arm is still cooperating with the recovery. Love the sound of the live workout, since it is so much like RUR, which is my favorite kickboxing workout. I'm sure that the Kathy S workouts will be way less intense. I know that the lower body workout in Lift Weight to Lose Weight had some really good butt work in it. I just have to work with the amount of weight I will need. I have her Kickboxing and Peak Fat Burning workout also. I never had any Firm, Jane or Jazzercise. My first instructors where Kathy and Billy.

Erika, Great job with the workouts! Even with every other day, you are still getting in what you need right now with your busy schedule. Glad to hear that your schedule will even out when the spring time rolls around. I'm with you on the weather. We are scheduled to have rain on Sunday. :o I think that Kelly's workouts can be tough it you pick the right weight, and really focus on the move when they are lower impact. I have had more of a calorie burn on some of her 30 min. workouts than I have had with a longer Cathe workout. I always found that interesting. Kelly has all her RAW workouts in sections, so if you want to do a circuit workout they are all in one section. It is handy having a smart tv or a tv that has an HDMI access.

Thelma, Love the sound of your workout, got to love those hip openers. Sorry to hear about the flare up, but it sounds like you are able to get some relief with the steroid. Our temperature this morning was 1 degree. :p I'm surprised that I still have those Kathy DVD's. I have a hard time getting rid of these workouts, probably because she was my first workout instructor. I always figured that if I ever needed an easier workout, then I would have it available. We will see if I keep it after I try it out in a few weeks.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was tough but fun. I did Cathe Live Legs for Days followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core. Still so happy to have access to the Live workouts again. :)

Erika, glad to hear things are calming down for you. I am glad you are making time for ‘down time’ because that is so important. Sounds like KCM is working for you as well. Cathe’s Live is working really well for me right now. One thing I will say is with some exceptions, her Live workouts are getting.....I don’t want to say ‘easier’ but, if you did her early ones, she definitely has slowed many of her workouts down a bit. Honestly, I like that. She is also better at showing modifications and encouraging them. What kind of phone do you have? I stream from my iPhone through a HDMI adapter on to my TV for all of my streaming workouts and it works great. So depending on your phone, you might have that option as well.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the flare up. Hopefully it is just temporary. Sounds like your workout was perfect for your back. Hopefully the cleaning wasn’t too much for it. We are getting some giant snowflakes right now as I type this, but it is waivering between rain and snow right now. I like the big snowflakes. :) These houses take upwards of a year to build. :o That is one of the reasons I am so happy they are doing them together. If it was three to four months, like our house in Florida, it wouldn’t matter. But these houses are not quite the cookie cutter one we had there.....which is nice except for the building process. Huntsville has a severe housing shortage right now combined with a labor shortage so that is part of the problem as well. It can take weeks to get the right workers lined up, so the houses sit for long periods of time with nothing being done.

Laurie, great workout. That is my favorite of her Stretch Max workouts. I was pretty concerned my arm was going to not like me last night after all that work, but it feels good. I am still doing lots of stretching, which seems to help quite a bit. I think one of the reasons I started out with Jane Fonda is because wayyyyyyy back, she put out a workout on an album. I remember doing that with my oldest sister on our living room floor and finding it brutal. :D So that was my intro to at home workouts and so a few years later when I wanted to workout, that is what I gravitated to. I just checked....that album is from 1981. :o Suddenly I feel old. :D;):p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My yoga classes got canceled because of the potential of freezing rain. The now didn't happen until the afternoon! I just read on FB that schools will have a 2-hour delay tomorrow. I'm not getting up early to go to my yoga class tomorrow. It will probably be icy because temps are going to drop into the low to high 20's overnight.

I didn't workout today. I was going to go to my yoga classes but the cancellation at the last minute threw me off. In the afternoon though I was in pain. The house felt cold and the cold was going through my bones. I had an "I feel sorry for myself" day. I hope I can do better mentally tomorrow. My back is much better. Almost back to normal.

It's a good thing I started today's dinner yesterday because I didn't feel like cooking.

I don't know if you eat pork but I found this Slow Cooker Beer Pulled Pork recipe and it was delicious!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235950/slow-cooker-beer-pulled-pork/

I had a small roast. It was less than 2 lbs and I only found Miller Lite in our bar refrigerator. We don't drink beer so clearly, it was there since our party last summer! LOL
    I only needed 1/2 a beer so I decided to taste it and I actually liked the beer.

I made a nice salad for dinner and we ate an open-faced BBQ sandwich. I bought Ciabatta bread and it was amazing!

Laurie, sounds like a very relaxing workout!

I love those stretching, yoga classes. They are so good for our bodies. Somehow the instructors know what I need on a given day.
    Wow! Seriously cold temps! I used to love Kathe Smith but I needed to make space for the new DVDs.

Laurel, great workout combo. I'm glad you're having a good experience with the Live workouts again!

I hope the flareup is temporary. I wonder if I was still under the effects of the previous med and that is why I thought the new one was working. My knuckles are definitely angry. I'm starting to feel the symptoms in my right hand too. We had big snowflakes and eventually it stuck to the ground and trees.
    I hope it doesn't take more than 6 months to build those houses! Here it takes at least 9 months to build one of these log cabins.
    There is one cabin being built up the road and it's been under construction for over a year!
    Coordinating the workers at the time they're needed is really a problem. At least the shortage of housing should make a builder want to finish a house ASAP.

Goodnight ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Cardio Party!

Laurel, Awesome job on all the workouts! I hope that your arm continues to feel okay, I'm sure it will still take a little time for it to rebuild strength and of course you not wanting to push it to much. Stretch Max was one of those workouts that I feel I neglect because it is an older workout, but you are right, that first one is my favorite also. I like the band one, but the ball... I don't feel like I really get a good stretch with that one. Oh my on the record. I have never tried a workout that was on that type of media. 1981 was the year I graduated from high school, and I never was into working out. Guess it was because I was into sports. ;) That really does make me feel old too. :D

Thelma, Dang on the weather interfering with your yoga class. So glad to hear that your back feels like it is back to normal. I think that everyone can relate to the feeling sorry for oneself. I'm sure once you get a workout in again, the mood will improve. ;) I will have to try that recipe, it really does sound delish. My hubby loves pulled pork. I probably have to much space for workout DVD's. That is probably why I have kept them so long.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Despite a restless night (seems to be becoming a habit at that moment) I ended up with a decent workout today. I did Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body followed by a 45 minute spin ride. My arm isn’t doing quite as good today, but after a few weeks of ‘cleaning’ the house pretty lightly trying to protect the arm, I attacked the cleaning yesterday and, for whatever reason, that is really hard on my overused tendon. But the upper body workout still felt pretty good. I am hoping since I know what the issue is and some stretches that really help it that it continues to improve despite being a little more sore today.

Thelma, I so understand the ‘feel sorry for myself’ day! Don’t beat yourself up over it. You have been through so much in the past year that you have earned the right for a day to just sit and be upset. You are so strong because you always get right back up again! I hope some of your soreness was caused by the weather. But you may be right about the medicine transition as well. We have sunshine today and I hope you are enjoying the same. It is cold but the brightness does wonders for my mood. Thanks for sharing that recipe. Both DH and I are big fans of pulled pork!

Laurie, great, fun workout! Yes, that Jane Fonda album workout was weird. If I recall, there was a booklet to show you the exercises and then, of course, the album was her voice calling out the moves and reps. What I remember is the side leg lifts (lying on your side and lifting your leg) for seemingly interminable reps. :o I was never into fitness or working out until I was in college when I asked for a set of dumbbells for my birthday (19 or 20, I don’t remember). Then, when I was 23, I got diagnosed with an ulcer and back then (1988), they still thought those were stress related. So the doctor recommended exercise videos, and I bought two the next day on my lunch break (jazzercise and one by Raquel Welch :o ) and the rest, as they say, is history! Kind of hard to think I have been at this for 32 years. :o:o:o:)

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. We had a very nice weekend.
    I am feeling a lot better and I am not sure if I had a flareup or if it was the dampness that caused me the pain. We had a very sunny day on Friday and I felt so much better then. I stopped taking the prednisone because I don't think I need it right now.

My workouts on Friday were: Restorative Healing yoga and S&S Ramped Up Upper Body. Nothing on Saturday and today was STS Meso 2 #19, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Stretching.

I am back at using my normal weights. Today I actually used heavier weights for the shoulder work which was amazing.

I am turning 56 on Tuesday ladies! WOW! I can't believe it. I am so grateful because I feel better and because I can exercise again. Thanks for your support and for sending good wishes my way!

Laurie, Cardio Party is a great workout! Good job!

It was really inconvenient to have my classes canceled but safety first. I keep forgetting that the weather can change drastically around here depending on the altitude. You were so right about my mood changing once I worked out. On Friday I felt strong again and I really pushed myself hard today. Let me know if you give that recipe a try! You really must have more space for your workout DVDs than I have! LOL

Laurel, sorry you haven't been sleeping well and that your arm wasn't doing well on Friday! Great job with your workouts. I hope you rested your arm and are feeling better.

Thanks so much for your encouraging and comforting words. I am pretty sure the pain had to do with the weather and not so much for the transition from one med to another. I have to inject myself again on Thursday. This time I'll be alone. I hope I don't make any mistakes. We did have sunshine on Friday and Saturday. Today was mostly a very cloudy day. At least it didn't rain and temps were in the 50's.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Weekend was really nice weather wise, but we are headed into some more snow. That's if they predicted this correctly. ;) Saturday was Metabolic Total Body, and Sunday was Chiseled Lower Body Blast. This morning was Low Impact Sweat. This is my last week of this rotation, and then I'm moving onto the one I was talking about last week. Going to start it off with Kelly. ;)

Laurel, I'm sorry to hear that your arm did fair that well, and that you are having restless sleep. Your workout sounds great, and I'm happy to hear that you where able to get through it. Dang on that housework getting to your tendon though. Well you have been at the workouts a lot longer than I have. I think that I started at about 87 with Kathy Smith. The Tae Bo workouts didn't come out until 98, so that is when I went all in for both him and Cathe. Interesting on that record and the instructions. I'm not a big fan of paper workouts, and that probably would have felt like that to me.

Thelma, Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend, and I'm glad that you are feeling better. Great job on your workouts, they all sound awesome. You and I will be the same age until August. :D Oh I have a very nice area for my workouts, but it seems to be limited when Rocket is down there. This morning he was in my way, and I was making sure that I didn't step on him. DH gave me this nice shelf that holds all my DVD's, and there are way to many of them. Hopefully I will be able to weed out some of these workouts that I don't do that often.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Monday, Ladies!!

This weekend was a combo of a productive Friday/Saturday and a VERY lazy Sunday (didn't leave the couch until around 4pm) and early bedtime (7:30 :o ). I was feeling blah yesterday, and decided I needed the day to just veg on the couch!

Continuing with every other day workouts (M-W-F) with a Saturday or Sunday workout thrown in. So far, this new schedule (30 min, 3-4 days per week) has got me looking really lean and my muscles are sure popping. I'm going to continue to see how this changes my body. I saw Cathe's post today about cortisol. I'm fairly certain I have the type of body that produces a lot of cortisol if I workout too often, too long or too intensely...thus why I've been holding on to some extra weight around my belly area despite 6 day a week workouts.

Thelma, sounds like some interesting weather there...yikes! Freezing rain is terrible...we've had our share of it here this winter. Now we're warm enough to start melting the snow during the day and at night it's re-freezing. Not a good combo! I can completely relate on the "feel sorry for myself" day. I've had a few of those lately too. I don't like it, but seems nothing can get me out of my funk. I'm glad yours was short lived!!

Laurel, I was wondering if the Live workouts were getting a tad bit easier. When I was doing them, I noticed the newer ones were a little less intense than her older ones...probably following suit with her DVD's. They seem to be getting a little less intense and easier on the joints. I like that, and my body is responding well to it! I have a Google Pixel. I do have an HDMI slot on my TV, I'd just have to get the HDMI cable and adapter to stream from my phone. Maybe in a few months if I'm feeling I need some new content, I can explore that. I remember when I had Live before, I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out if I do Live or DVD's. Too many to choose from!

Laurie, I heard about the snow coming your way...it's going to just miss us...which I'm ok with! We are finally down to maybe 3" of snow cover and today is another warm-ish day. We have our final week of hockey (unless we win, then we go on to state) and we have to travel about an hour north for each game. First one is tomorrow night...which is when the snow was going to hit us if it made it far enough north. I'd like to avoid travelling in that, as we have to drive through rush hour too. Hopefully it's not much snow, or it melts right away if you do get it.

Hopefully you all are getting some sunshine where you are sometime soon. We have been overdue for it and have had it for the last few days. Mood brightener for sure!!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend here. DH finally had a weekend off, which was very nice. We didn’t do anything outside the norm of errands and such, but it was just nice to be able to spend the days together. The weather on Saturday was sunny but chilly.....but the sunshine felt fantastic. But.....back to rain again today. But knowing we are just a couple of weeks from changing the clocks back and getting more light in the evening has me feeling much more chipper than I was in December. :D

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute power walk with Jessica Smith followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe Live Give Me More Legs and Core followed by a 30 minute tabata ride with Peloton. And today was ICE Muscle Meltdown Back....the x4 premix.....followed by Icy Core 2 and Step Boss IMAX 4.....the double blast premix. The arm feels really good, and I went heavier than Cathe in all but one move on the back workout today (the one arm pull overs, which, even when not recovering, I always use 12#). I think the aching I felt on Friday was probably a little DOMS and maybe some aches with the weather change that I am just super sensitive to right now. But it feels strong today which makes me happy.

Thelma, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. This damp weather can really get inside the bones, that for sure. Great workouts! It must feel good to be gaining so much strength!! Happy Birthday!!! You have so much to celebrate this year with your new home and your ability to overcome all the hurdles life has thrown at you over the past year with your health. You amaze me!

Laurie, great workouts! I toyed with doing Low Impact Sweat today but opted for IMAX 4 instead. Hope the snow doesn’t hit you too hard. Seems to be a pretty consistent wave of storms coming across the country right now. But after this one today and tomorrow, we are supposed to be free of rain until next week. :DB)

Erika, sounds like a good weekend. Sorry to hear you weren’t quite 100% yesterday, but it sounds like you listened to your body, which is great. Yay for your workout results! Sounds like this new approach is really working for you. Yes, there are almost too many choices now with Cathe Live.....but I still enjoy the variety. Where her Live workouts really capture me is in her range of metabolic workouts which is far greater than anything I have on DVD. And as I age, I am finding metabolic workouts are far better for me than pure impact workouts. Hope you don’t have to do too much driving in the snow!

Hi Tami!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi Ladies!!!!! :):):) YES, I am alive and well. I survived my "3-jobs at a time" week +. So today is the first day I have left for a lunch break since probably I talked with you all last. At any rate, I survived and learned a lot (quickly). :D;) I had a couple of the title officers helping me out when I was stuck but I felt very proud of myself for what little training I had in customer service and was able to help most everyone. My supervisor and our office manager both came to me and said what a fabulous job I did. YAY for that!

So I am going to try and read through your posts and catch up as best I can. See where everyone is at..... workouts happening, etc. Will write more tomorrow but thought I could at least say hello. :) Hope you are all doing well.

Workouts were able to be accomplished .... not always what I had planned but kept going and got in some rides on the days that nothing else was going to work. Truly only missed a couple days where I was just too tired and hungry after not having much to eat or energy to work out.
    Over the weekend I did PHA Extreme + Peloton Ride and yesterday I did LITE Pyramid Legs + Peloton ride. Tonight I am headed home for LITE Pyramid Upper .... DH is gone fishing with clients for a couple of days so Mr. Bernard will be waiting my arrival.

I will talk with you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were STS Meso 2 Disc 20 Legs and Barre. Today's Barre class was a killer leg workout. My legs were shaking! I have DOMS all everywhere I think. This is a tough STS week but I liked having been able to use heavier weights.

We had temps in the 50's and it was a very rainy day. It's been raining heavily since mid-afternoon and it will continue the entire night.

Laurie, very good workouts! Congrats on finishing up the rotation this week! Be careful driving in that snow! I love that we'll be the same age for a little while! I have an entire bedroom now as my workout space but my DVD space is the same space I had in MA which is limited.

Erika sounds like a good weekend except for feeling blah on Sunday. I'm glad you gave your body a break.

I'm so happy you've found a good workout frequency for your body! Congrats on the lean and muscular look! I just don't know that I can keep my workouts to just 1/2 hour. I love my classes at the yoga studio and they are 1 hr long. Cathe's workouts can also be pretty long. I ordered the book but I am not a big reader. I've not even attempted to read it yet. I really need to make an effort to read it though. It sounds very interesting.

The weather here is crazy! Freezing rain is terrible and the roads are not treated here. I don't even think the county was a snow budget. I hope you find a way to get out of your funk soon. I was glad my "I feel sorry for me" day was short-lived.

Laurel, I'm glad you were finally able to spend a weekend with your DH! We're as usual having the same kind of weather! I wish we could do away with daylight savings time! I can't wait to have more light in the evenings!

Damp weather is not my friend! It really feels great to have gained so much strength. I'm feeling like we normally do when we do Body Beast. I don't want to stop this STS rotation! LOL
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I am so thankful for everything I've been able to overcome. Living here in Blue Ridge is wonderful and we're very happy here. Definitely, a lot to celebrate! Thank you!

Tami, congrats on surviving that challenging task of handling 3 different jobs in a week! WOW! I am so happy your good work is finally being recognized! You're amazing! I can't believe you still had the energy to workout! Great job!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was ICE Boot Camp Circuit. The big snow storm will not happen, so funny! We are getting no snow, the system moved further south. :D

Erika, I read that article that Cathe put out also, and I'm probably going to change a few things up in my new rotation. I'm thinking that I will have to have both hi and low intensity in my week, that yoga is sounding better and better. ;) As I stated above we also avoided the weather mess, and I'm really really happy about that. I'm sure glad to see that your getting such great benefits from this current rotation. We all need those veg on the couch days. You do a lot of running around with the boys and their sports. Let us know how your DS does in his hockey for the state tournament.

Laurel, Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. Awesome job on your workouts, and really glad to hear that you where only feeling the after effects from your previous workout. I'm sure that gives you much relief. Glad that we avoided the current weather, but we have had some of our worst snow storms in March. Then it comes as that heavy wet snow.

Tami, So glad to hear from you! Great job on tackling the 3-plus jobs! After this week your "normal" work week will seem slow. :D Nice that you received the kudos also. Great job on all your workouts, and even though you may not have planned it, you got in something. Give Bernie some extra ear scratches from me. ;) Rocket was a little miffed at me yesterday, because I had the daycare give him a bath. He now smells to pretty I'm sure. :D

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, you are really rocking those weights! If you had your legs shaking, they where working good. I didn't have to deal with weather this morning, and got here in record time. They had taken the warnings down by the time I left work yesterday. I don't know if anyone around here will believe the forecasts again. Maybe having a limited amount of DVD's is something I'm looking for with this rotation coming up.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps (x4 premix), which felt good. For cardio, I did a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride from Peloton and then did 20 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee.

Thelma, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you did a brutal workout yesterday so hopefully today you are taking care of yourself and doing something fun. I still marvel how you can do STS Legs and barre in the same day. :o So since you mentioned you don’t want the STS rotation to end, I thought I would mention a little of what I am planning next. It will be 12 weeks focused on heavier lifting, but rotating style/intensity every week. The three programs I will be using are Burn Sets, Slow and Heavy and STS Meso 3. So it will be one week of Burn Sets, one week of Slow and Heavy and one week of Meso 3 repeated four times. I am hoping the rotating of weeks keeps me from getting bored with any of the programs which I am prone to do, especially with Slow and Heavy and Meso 3. In the first two sections of this rotation, I added a second upper and lower body workout each week and, as much as I could, tried to match the style of lifting for that rotation. So since the first section was high reps, I included, for example, the workouts from the LITE series. The section you are repeating focused more on muscle building, so that’s why Ramped Up Upper Body is there. In this third section, I think the second leg/arm workouts will be more contrasting in style to the strength.....so more high reps and shorter workouts. I think this will provide a nice break from the longer, slower workouts as well as provide some ‘shock’ value to the body. Does that sound any good to you? I couldn’t remember if you had Slow and Heavy but if you don’t Body Beast Tempo workouts (which I believe you have) or any Body Beast workouts would be a great substitute. Anyhow, just thought I would let you know. I am hoping to start this on March 22, but if you want to get going earlier, let me know and I will post what I have planned.

Tami, good to see you!! I am so glad you survived your 3xjobs week at work!! And I am really glad you got recognized for your efforts and how well you handled all that was expected of you. Great job getting workouts in during this time. As I said to Thelma above, I am planning on kicking off the last section of this rotation in about a month if you are interested. Let me know what you think. But I will completely understand if you say ‘nope!’, especially to Slow and Heavy. Those are long, boring workouts for early in the morning. :# But any of Body Beast would work well if you want to substitute.

Laurie, great workout! We have pulled out the same discs the last two days.....but I am just doing the Muscle Meltdown sections! Glad to hear the bulk of the snow missed you, though I understand the frustration with the weather forecast. March was always the snowiest month in Colorado, and I never developed a liking for those heavy snow falls, especially when it came to shoveling. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was STS Meso 2 - Disc 21 Back & Biceps. I was able to go up in weights on all exercises except for one. Good stuff.

I got the best bday gift ever! As you know DH has been traveling every week to Philly for his job. It turns out the job was a big disappointment so he decided to call it quits. He is going to go back full-time with the university in MA as a remote employee. He gets to work from the comfort of our own home! I am soooo happy. Every time he got on an airplane I worried until the moment he landed. Twice a week for 3 months, I've lived through this! He came home today and isn't going back to PA. He will work the thru next week for that PA job from home.

His new manager in MA was his manager years ago. They're going through a re-org and a new position was created for DH so he could go back f/t. We have so much to be thankful for! Life is good! :)

We finally saw the sun today! It looks like we may get some sun in the morning, then more clouds! Temps will be in the mid to high 40's.

Laurie, great workout! You guys are having mild winter snow wise!

I am so loving these workouts. I still can't believe I'm loving the STS workouts because I used to dread them so much when I was working.
    The Barre class was hard and especially after the STS Leg workout! I still have DOMS! We had snow warning for this coming Saturday but they were taken down too. It's very hard to believe the forecast around here!
    I like my current rotation because I use 5 DVDs and I can load them all at once in my multi-DVD player. LOL

Laurel, great workouts! Sounds like your arm is feeling good again! Yaay!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, Laurel! Yesterday's workouts were brutal and I'm still feeling them! LOL
    I love the sounds of the new rotation! You are so good at putting these rotations together! Thank you!
    I do have Slow & Heavy. Not one of my favorites but I will give it a try. If I can't stick with it I'll switch to BB Tempo. The starting date of March 22 works for me. I will extend the rotation I'm doing two more weeks. I'm still giving myself DOMS with this current rotation, so I would think it's OK to extend it a little longer.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Pyramid Upper Body. Such a great workout.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Even doing those ICE one body parts with lighter weight that usual has to still be working the muscle really good. Your concept for the rotation sounds like it will be shocking the body pretty good. ;) I'm with you on the Slow and Heavy getting boring. I understand that lifting at that pace really helps the muscle, but the workouts do drag. We will see how this weather turns out. Even though we have only had a dusting, the sun has not peaked out this whole week.

Thelma, What an awesome birthday present! Happy Birthday by the way, I forgot to say that yesterday. Great job on your STS workout, so glad that you are enjoying them. Maybe when I finally retire, I will enjoy the longer weight workouts that STS has. I just don't want to get up any earlier than I do in the mornings. :D How cool that you have your DVD's all set up for your rotation. This year has been a little light on the snow, but even with all the warmer weather, we still have snow on the ground.

Have a great day!
    Laurie