Wireless Headphone Recommendations

Anyone got any recommendations for wireless headphones?

I find on a treadmill running, jogging and sometimes walking, wired headphones manage to get in the way, I am more concerned about ripping them from my ears than I am with what I am doing at the time.

Similar issue it seems with the wireless headphones that are connected with a wire between each ear. the battery pack, or volume controls etc seem to swing around yanking on my ears.

So I think I need suggestions for true wireless (i think that is the term) where each ear bud is seperate.

Thanks

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I use MPOW - they are linked with a wire but there is nothing on the wire to swing or drag. All the controls are on the ear piece. They're also pretty inexpensive so not a tragedy if you try them and find they're not for you.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,367 Member
    Jabra elite 65t. Can be used mono (right ear only) or paired. Stay in ear fantastic. Great sound, super comfortable (I have issues with ear bud comfort). Can get a full 5hrs on one charge and then about 8 more total from popping them back in the case twice before I have to recharge the whole deal.

Great sound, flawless Bluetooth connection.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Not a cheap option by any means, but I like the Bose soundsport earbuds. Since they have different size pieces for the bit that is inserted into your ear I find them much more comfortable than Airpods. Most earbuds are terribly uncomfortable for me.
  • jessicaparks7
    jessicaparks7 Posts: 1 Member
    I use Aftershockz and they keep about a 3-4 hours use when I’m running longer distances.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    jeagogo wrote: »
    Not a cheap option by any means, but I like the Bose soundsport earbuds. Since they have different size pieces for the bit that is inserted into your ear I find them much more comfortable than Airpods. Most earbuds are terribly uncomfortable for me.

Agreed, fit is good and they never fall out... sound quality is great. I also have the version that has a built in heart rate monitor.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I got a few pairs got $8 each on clearance somewhere. I figured they're for exercise, they'll get abused, maybe lost, better not to go with expensive ones.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    I have the Aftershokz Bone Conduction Open-Ear Headphones. I chose those because it helps me hear cars around me when I jog and ride my bike
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    i just got some Plantronics 3150 - i really like them - i run quite a bit and they don't budge - can still hear my surroundings - traffic and such - are pretty much water proof so sweat won't bother them - middle of the road price wise $100 - they sound great - check them out - https://www.plantronics.com/us/en/product/backbeat-fit-3150
    good luck!
  • Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    jeagogo wrote: »

Agree here... I've own my pair for almost three years... still trucking along. Though a small plastic piece came off. Still works though.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    kperk91 wrote: »
    I have the Aftershokz Bone Conduction Open-Ear Headphones. I chose those because it helps me hear cars around me when I jog and ride my bike

I second the Aftershokz headphones!! It's worth mentioning I haven't had much experience with them yet, as I just got them about a month ago, but I am loving the device's performance so far!!
    I got the mini-Titanium version, which still fit loosely on my head despite the smaller size.

I hope you find an option that you really like (and one that's affordable, too!!)
    If you get a chance when decide on a pair, please let us know!! (I don't plan to buy something new soon, of course, but I - and many other people I am sure - are always on the lookout and like to hear some personal testimonies of how good or not-so good a certain product really is!!)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2020
    Cowin E7.

1. Amazing product reasonably priced.
    2. If you leave feedback from whatever site you purchased they will give you a free gift. Ear buds, hard case, etc..
    3. Top reviews on product and customer service.
    4. I think you only have to charge every 32 hours.
    5. They extend the warranty to 18 months or more(I forgot)when you register them on their site.
    6. I broke mine when I fell asleep with them on 9 months after purchasing. Called customer service and they replaced them no questions asked. Sent a brand new pair out which I received in three days and did not have to ship originals back.

They earned a customer for life.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    I use MPOW - they are linked with a wire but there is nothing on the wire to swing or drag. All the controls are on the ear piece. They're also pretty inexpensive so not a tragedy if you try them and find they're not for you.

I second these. The wire hasn’t bothered me, and they’re only $20.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    I also use MPOW. Happy with them.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Plantronics backbeat fit.

Had them for 18 months, never had an issue. Just perfect.
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Samsung Galaxy buds.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    I’ve tried loads. The winner for me are the Powerbeats pro.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

So many brands I have never heard of before.

Time to start looking them up
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,515 Member
    Aftershocks!
  • Urun4me
    Urun4me Posts: 37 Member
    I've had the Jabra elite sport for about 2.5 years. At around the time I purchased them I tried several of the top brands (over the course of about 6 months), most notably the bose and Samsung iconx ones. The Jabra elites were by far the best. This was around the time that these were becoming mainstream though (is bragi still around?), so I imagine all have improved. But I still find the Jabra elites to be better for running than the Samsung galaxy buds which are relatively new.