Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Igargula
    Igargula Posts: 4 Member
    Heyyy I'm pretty new here. I've got absolutely no idea how MFP works
  • philipexley
    philipexley Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi....my name is Monica. I'm new and starting weight loss journey tomorrow. Not my first adventure I hasten to add!!! But 2weeks ago my partner proposed and reality hit me....I dont want to be a fat bride. So I have a year and 4 stone to lose. I'm making myself accountable by writing on here. Look forward to reading success stories and maybe finding a couple of buddies along the way!!
  • New here! Loving this app so far.
  • Silverbackone
    Silverbackone Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Oscar, friends call me Ozzy. I am new to this App, got to tell you I’m loving this app. The details in the food you eat are pretty accurate. I enjoy seeing my daily intake and more importantly knowing I am consuming less calories than my daily calorie count. I was 330lbs about 2 months ago, when I installed this app I was 314.4lbs. I am currently 310.1lbs. My goal is to reach 200lbs., along the way in my journey I want to network and meet great people.
  • Ninersfan7631
    Ninersfan7631 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone! New here and hoping this app will help me stay focused on my calory intake. Last year I was up to around 215 and my goal is 180 Lbs. I started exercising regularly and got down to the low 190s. Jan 6th I was back up to 202. I use an elliptical for 30mins a day, 6 days a week, along with some weights and other exercises. I think I've been doing well on how many calories I've been taking in but hoping the app will confirm that. I'm currently at 192 but the last couple weeks have plateaued a bit after I hurt my wrist falling on ice. Hope i can start seeing some progress soon...just gotta cut down on the beer on the weekends...anyhow, any advice is appreciated.
  • CherylDrab
    CherylDrab Posts: 9 Member
    Hi I'm Cheryl. Been here before but never stuck with it. I especially like the fact that you can scan barcodes and move foods from recents to current diary. Especially things like coffee. I am trying to stay positive so I keep repeating to myself; "If it is to be, it's up to me...only I can better myself.:
  • KCoach54
    KCoach54 Posts: 1 Member
    New here, looking for motivation and accountability.
  • maaka1981
    maaka1981 Posts: 140 Member
    It's 25 days since I started login and checking in daily. I'm happy to have new friends
  • triciaann0610
    triciaann0610 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! I’m new here. Hoping to lose 20 pounds and keep it off. I have been up and down for years. I am a caregiver for my mom and it can be stressful. Hoping to stay motivated and make some new friends. Good luck everyone!
  • hi i am just getting back in to this. im struggling to keep going, i have read that online weight loss buddies help really well. I suffer from depression and i am so tired of being depressed and feeling bad about how i look and feeling unhealthy. I want more confident in myself and to be able to believe in myself. This year i want to get to were i want to be, i want the body i have always wanted i want to get ride of the depression. and being a mom its hard to change eating when we moved back in with family so i am open to anything. :-)
  • josaflenya
    josaflenya Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I'm Josaf from Florida and I'm very careful about health and beauty. So I hope here I get some beautiful suggestions to stay fit and fine.
  • Nasira2014
    Nasira2014 Posts: 8 Member
    I need to loose minimum 70 lbs. but I like to loose 90 lbs to keep some cushion for parties, eating out and once in a while cheat days maybe. I’m 5’1” and supposed to be 98lbs to 115lbs. I started with 196lbs on January 7th. Took me whole week to just plan to start my weight loss journey and search what to do this time that I haven’t done before in past 22 years of my over weight due to pregnancy than stress of being over weight and binging on more and more food and trying all kinds of diets loosing up to 30 pounds and gaining it all back plus few more to add to previous one. Every pregnancy I was 179lbs on my delivery days but next 22 years I would hit 200lbs at the end of 2019. BIG PANIC!!! Also doctor showed my test results...high blood pressure, pre diabetic, high cholesterol, kidney issues and wrote on my proscription “LOOSE WEIGHT”. So I started a week before my 49th birthday. Keto/carnivore for a week and switched to carnivore for 2 weeks and then started putting a cheat day in when I hit 187 on my scale. For five days I would retain water in body and feel extremely bloated with headaches. Cheat days took me back to +5 lbs. So far I experimented twice and both time took me 5 days to go back to square one. All I added was rice some salad few nuts trail mix bars some fruits.Totally messed my system. So now I’m trying to stick to mostly carnivore diet which includes beef, chicken, fish, eggs, coffee with 1 or 2 tbls of heavy cream, different teas( cardamom, fennel, cloves, fenugreek seeds, fresh ginger), occasionally yogurt mixed with cilantro paste and mint paste on my meat, sometimes mustered on my meat, occasionally feta cheese with meat flavored with pink salta and green chilies. Lots of water but only when I am thirsty. On average I drink about 48 ounces including my teas. All my drinks except coffee I squeeze some fresh lemon juice. Also I have recently added vital proteins collagen from Costco in my drinks one to three servings a day until I develop the taste for real freshly homemade collagen. I take 700 calories to 1200 calories depending on the day how hungry I feel. So today I am 189 recovering from my third experimental cheating four days ago. I also started with Y flicker schooter mostly every day for 20 to 40 minutes. Bicycle was hurting my tail bone but Y schooter was perfect to make my hips get used to mobility. First night I felt like my every single muscle has been beaten and aches so much but with in one weak I could sit on my bed legs crossed which I haven’t been able to since I went over 170lbs years back. Second week I started little bit weight lifting with 5 lbs. on my Walmart gold gym xr 45( bought it 12 years ago) and one mile on my stationary bike ( bought 10 years ago). This week I have started 15lbs on gold gym. I still haven’t gotten on my treadmill which I bought 14 years ago right after my 4th child. It’s still in very good condition because obviously I didn’t use it as much. I have started using my Ironman inversion tableI after every exercise which was also bought over ten years ago for my children so they can grow taller hanging upside down on it everyday and for my back. Last year I bought GR8FLEX thinking this would solve my problem of overweight. Now I look back and see how I never continued with anything I started. I did not show myself patience. I gave up on myself sometimes in few days some times in few weeks and sometimes few months. What is different this time I ask myself. REALIZATION , PATIENCE , MOTIVATION AND DEDICATION for my wellbeing to live my remaining life the best I can with in my means. I have long way to go. When I started beginning of January I wanted to loose my weight in few months and get over with it but I really come to realization that it took me over 22 years to gain and keep this weight for so long. It will take a year or two to get back to where I was or where I should be. Also for my skin to shrink slowly back and not give it a shock of its life time to loose weight too quick. Especially when I am old already. Speaking of skin I have also started to use coconut oil, olive oil and some times baby oil after shower to keep my skin elasticity so it can go back easier. Mostly my search is from internet on all the issues except few which I experimented. I wanted initially two pounds every week but I think half a pound to 1 pound every week is better so hopefully I won’t have to go to skin removal surgery. So that’s my journey so far and I hope to make some friends who can motivate me on my journey to better health and hopefully I can have positive impact on someone to their journey. Thank you and I wish you safe and healthy roller coaster of our weight loss journey.
  • Hey Fam!! I’m in need of gaining weight and fast😨 #IMABEGETTINSWOLEBOIS
  • Hey everyone. I started using this app about 4 days ago. I went to the gym on Tuesday at realized I gained 40 pounds since December. That was a real eye opener but not surprising since I’ve been extremely laid back lately. I would sleep almost all day, eat then sleep again. I would paint on a good day (when I received custom orders). I was extremely sedentary. My goal is to get more active not just to lose weight but to do my body right. I noticed I would get out of breath quick even walking up the stairs in my home. I’m also just tired of feeling down about being obese. I want to do something about it instead of complain and beat myself up all the time. Tracking what I eat hasn’t been a burden at all. It’s actually showed me how much I’m used to overeating just because. I have a bad habit of eating everything I see in front of me even after I’m full. I always felt like this was a mild ocd thing. I feel like after seeing that I’m able to stick at or below 1,780 calories that I must have been eating 4,000 a day before. I’m really excited to see how far I take myself. Since I’m morbidly obese I set up a doc appt for weight loss surgery, so I’m glad I’m learning healthy habits now so that I can maintain it after surgery.
  • dianitzdr
    dianitzdr Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I'm new!
    I lost many kilos last year, but I still need to go further for some more weight. Isn't it very hard these final steps in any project?
  • Trix3519
    Trix3519 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello All! I am 55 and my goal is to lose 20lbs by June. Staying active and working out has never been my problem - it's always been food/drink choices and portion control! I am really excited to be here and hoping for a positive outcome. And if I make some new friends along the way then that's an added bonus!
  • Tack1747
    Tack1747 Posts: 7 Member
    G'day all... recently joined and so far loving the app and the ease of how to use it... Im 6' 1" and (was !) 270lbs.... still the same height but now down to 240lbs .. (give or take a few ounces !) ... just using the calorie deficit method and cutting out booze and some other bad things but still allowing some "treats" so to speak... working hard in the gym 6 days a week doing a lot of compound moves, some good cardio and boxing bag training...also taking a lot of notice of the James Smith Academy.. hes on FB if you google him .. and it all seems to be working. Wishing you all the best of luck in your drive to lose and keep the weight off.. its all possible with drive and determination.

Thanks,
    Mike.
  • fruitloopkitty
    fruitloopkitty Posts: 2 Member
    Just starting my journey. Add me as a friend to help stay on track, please! I have day one post with good explanation why im this Thank you!.
  • beccajo5061
    beccajo5061 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello All!! Fresh Start with life and trying to start off with a bang! :-) Wanting to build muscle and loose the excess fat. Have done the Shortcut to Shred before with amazing results. Wanting to know if anyone has any other suggestions for muscle building programs.
  • Magninin2017
    Magninin2017 Posts: 1 Member
    HI everyone