What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,536 Member
    Lately it's sun dried tomato rice cakes with cheddar cheese and honey ham, warmed up for 15s to melt the cheese a little. I'm obsessed!

Mmmmmm I have to try this, it sounds delicious!

It's been my breakfast daily for weeks. Lol. I really enjoy it!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited February 2020
    sweet potato with honey and cinnamon sugar! it's basically dessert! yum
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Trader Joe's Brookies 😕
    Wegmans Seven Grain Bread
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Sardines. Fresh or canned. Does not matter :)

@just_Tomek What is your favorite way to eat sardines? I have never tried them and I want to.

Straight out of the can, if in good olive oil with a side of crusty bread for dipping into the oil, as a snack.
    Simply grilled on a BBQ then tossed in lemon juice and parsley and eaten whole, with a nice salad.
    Canned in water, mashed into a paste with roasted red pepper, ketchup, hot sauce and used as a sandwich spread.

I just love these tiny fatty fish :)

Thank you so much! Sardines just went onto my weekend shopping list. I'll give it a whirl!

If you are buying canned, make sure to get good quality Portuguese sardines. Get one can in water and one in olive oil. Excellent low calorie very nutrient dense / high protein food.

Nice choice 👌🇵🇹🐟

Currently obsessed with dried mango!!!

Oh man me too! I was in TJ's a couple of weeks ago looking at the dried apricots and this girl grabbed like 10 bags of the dried mango. I had to know what she was loving. SO good.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Seafood 🦞
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Steel head trout! Also, garlic!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    3 nights in a row this week I had (as a side salad) romaine, chopped up mini sweet peppers, banana peppers, carrots matchsticks and Greek yogurt Ranch dressing.. I don't know why it tasted so good to me. But I've really enjoyed it!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    This one is weird. I’ve been making low cal chai lattes. . You put a few tablespoons of skim milk in and hand frother jar, pump the hell out of it, and throw it in the microwave for thirty seconds. The froth “volumes” up and fills the whole glass jar. I sprinkle cinnamon on it and eat it with a spoon. For some reason,the hot steamed milk froth is soooooo good to me. I always make extra, otherwise none would ever make it into my latte.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    This one is weird. I’ve been making low cal chai lattes. . You put a few tablespoons of skim milk in and hand frother jar, pump the hell out of it, and throw it in the microwave for thirty seconds. The froth “volumes” up and fills the whole glass jar. I sprinkle cinnamon on it and eat it with a spoon. For some reason,the hot steamed milk froth is soooooo good to me. I always make extra, otherwise none would ever make it into my latte.

even better and frothier when you use evaporated milk FYI
  • pancakerunner
    MISO!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Buttered toast. Seriously, I forgot how good!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Oatmeal pancake with sugar free syrup before I head out to work each morning. Just quick oats, cottage cheese and egg. Easy and filling. The syrup makes me feel like I am cheating lol. All 20 cals of it.
  • pancakerunner
    Buttered toast. Seriously, I forgot how good!

honestly same... I actually crave it. Forget avocado toast... just gimme some butter (and maybe some cinnamon sugar or preserves...)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,706 Member
    Pears — Anjous , boscs!

And sampling cocoa powders to use in recipes. 😇

I'm currently obsessed with cocoa powder and cayenne pepper in green protein smoothies!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,706 Member
    1pdkz4d3twud.jpg

Ok I have a new food obsession
  • Flowergirl0415
    Flowergirl0415 Posts: 5 Member
    FUNYUNS!!!
  • pancakerunner
    FUNYUNS!!!

try ranch funyuns dipped in cream cheese... yumm
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    1.) Homemade Aji Verde (I’m not a mayonnaise fan, so I use water and sub olive oil for cojita)
    2.) hemp hearts!! Friend recommended and they are sooo tasty.
    3.) sumac season - gives an earthy/bright lemon and smoking flavor that is out of this world!!
    4.) my little sourdough babies!! (One savory, one sweet)
  • pancakerunner
    picklesssss