I’m doing everything right, still not losing

Good morning!

I have been struggling a bit and I thought what better place to ask for help. A little background, I’m 25 y.o. & I have dieted and lost weight plenty of times before. I’m currently working out 6-7 days/week & eating 1,400-1,500 cals/day. The problem is I’m not losing anything. I’m very strictly following my diet - everything is tracked and accounted for. A trainer recommended I eat 1,700 cals/day, unfortunately that gives me so much anxiety. Advice?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Ravenspurn
    Ravenspurn Posts: 14 Member
    I would agree with the trainer.
    Up your calorie intake by a few hundred calories per day.

Carbs of any type and Fats of any type are typically converted into fat, which your body then utilises when required.
    If you are not taking in enough calories, your body will store everything as fat, and burn your muscle into energy first. Whilst Protein is more likely to be converted into muscle, where your caloric balance is too negative, your body will go into survival mode.

Are you getting enough sleep and drinking enough water?

Cheers!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    What are your current stats? (Height, Weight, gender)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    I see this is a new account. How have you been tracking your calories in, and out
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Are you accurately weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink with a kitchen scale. How close are you to goal weight? Weight loss can be very slow the closer you are to goal weight, even with accurately weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. Patience can play a big part at this point.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Food scale, do you use one for everything you eat?
  • kareemaa
    kareemaa Posts: 5 Member
    @nighthawk584 yes, every calorie in is accounted for!
  • kareemaa
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I see this is a new account. How have you been tracking your calories in, and out

This is new, only bc I could not log back into my old account! I weigh every thing & track every calorie in & out to the T.
  • kareemaa
    Are you accurately weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink with a kitchen scale. How close are you to goal weight? Weight loss can be very slow the closer you are to goal weight, even with accurately weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. Patience can play a big part at this point.

I am accurately weighing everything I’m taking in. I’m not close to my goal weight at all.

• kareemaa
    What are your current stats? (Height, Weight, gender)

Female, 5’ 2”, 190lbs.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    can you open your diary? often people here are able to spot errors that could be in there..
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2020
    kareemaa wrote: »
    @nighthawk584 yes, every calorie in is accounted for!

And have you read the flowchart cmriverside posted? If you have, what spot do you get taken to?