Comment here if you want more friends!!

Replies

• WinterAsh07
    WinterAsh07 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m looking for some friends on here for motivation :) I’ve been using the app on and off for a while now, but always seemed to fall off the bandwagon after a few weeks. I had a baby three months ago and I’m looking to get back down to my goal weight!
  • MrsMuirsGhost
    MrsMuirsGhost Posts: 3 Member
    I'm returning, so I'm not exactly a newbie... but frankly, I got lazy and unattentive. I would love a new friend or two to help me along the journey.

Male, 63 years old, happily married.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    i'm returning too, lost 13kg so far. Back to logging. I guess its ma only way of losing weight, free eating result in maintenance or worse gaining.
  • jamstutz8585
    jamstutz8585 Posts: 2 Member
    Switching to MFP from another weight loss app, looking to start where I left off there. Feel free to add me :smile: I'm currently embarking on a 200+ lb. weight loss journey. I will be very active here.
  • Highlifeman7930
    Highlifeman7930 Posts: 13 Member
    Would love some new friends. 😀
  • Nasira2014
    Nasira2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Maybe someone out there with similar story. Would love to have suggestions and motivations. I need to loose minimum 70 lbs. but I like to loose 90 lbs to keep some cushion for parties, eating out and once in a while cheat days maybe. I’m 5’1” and supposed to be 98lbs to 115lbs. I started with 196lbs on January 7th. Took me whole week to just plan to start my weight loss journey and search what to do this time that I haven’t done before in past 22 years of my over weight due to pregnancy than stress of being over weight and binging on more and more food and trying all kinds of diets loosing up to 30 pounds and gaining it all back plus few more to add to previous one. Every pregnancy I was 179lbs on my delivery days but next 22 years I would hit 200lbs at the end of 2019. BIG PANIC!!! Also doctor showed my test results...high blood pressure, pre diabetic, high cholesterol, kidney issues and wrote on my proscription “LOOSE WEIGHT”. So I started a week before my 49th birthday. Keto/carnivore for a week and switched to carnivore for 2 weeks and then started putting a cheat day in when I hit 187 on my scale. For five days I would retain water in body and feel extremely bloated with headaches. Cheat days took me back to +5 lbs. So far I experimented twice and both time took me 5 days to go back to square one. All I added was rice some salad few nuts trail mix bars some fruits.Totally messed my system. So now I’m trying to stick to mostly carnivore diet which includes beef, chicken, fish, eggs, coffee with 1 or 2 tbls of heavy cream, different teas( cardamom, fennel, cloves, fenugreek seeds, fresh ginger), occasionally yogurt mixed with cilantro paste and mint paste on my meat, sometimes mustered on my meat, occasionally feta cheese with meat flavored with pink salta and green chilies. Lots of water but only when I am thirsty. On average I drink about 48 ounces including my teas. All my drinks except coffee I squeeze some fresh lemon juice. Also I have recently added vital proteins collagen from Costco in my drinks one to three servings a day until I develop the taste for real freshly homemade collagen. I take 700 calories to 1200 calories depending on the day how hungry I feel. So today I am 189 recovering from my third experimental cheating four days ago. I also started with Y flicker schooter mostly every day for 20 to 40 minutes. Bicycle was hurting my tail bone but Y schooter was perfect to make my hips get used to mobility. First night I felt like my every single muscle has been beaten and aches so much but with in one weak I could sit on my bed legs crossed which I haven’t been able to since I went over 170lbs years back. Second week I started little bit weight lifting with 5 lbs. on my Walmart gold gym xr 45( bought it 12 years ago) and one mile on my stationary bike ( bought 10 years ago). This week I have started 15lbs on gold gym. I still haven’t gotten on my treadmill which I bought 14 years ago right after my 4th child. It’s still in very good condition because obviously I didn’t use it as much. I have started using my Ironman inversion tableI after every exercise which was also bought over ten years ago for my children so they can grow taller hanging upside down on it everyday and for my back. Last year I bought GR8FLEX thinking this would solve my problem of overweight. Now I look back and see how I never continued with anything I started. I did not show myself patience. I gave up on myself sometimes in few days some times in few weeks and sometimes few months. What is different this time I ask myself. REALIZATION , PATIENCE , MOTIVATION AND DEDICATION for my wellbeing to live my remaining life the best I can with in my means. I have long way to go. When I started beginning of January I wanted to loose my weight in few months and get over with it but I really come to realization that it took me over 22 years to gain and keep this weight for so long. It will take a year or two to get back to where I was or where I should be. Also for my skin to shrink slowly back and not give it a shock of its life time to loose weight too quick. Especially when I am old already. Speaking of skin I have also started to use coconut oil, olive oil and some times baby oil after shower to keep my skin elasticity so it can go back easier. Mostly my search is from internet on all the issues except few which I experimented. I wanted initially two pounds every week but I think half a pound to 1 pound every week is better so hopefully I won’t have to go to skin removal surgery. So that’s my journey so far and I hope to make some friends who can motivate me on my journey to better health and hopefully I can have positive impact on someone to their journey. Thank you and I wish you safe and healthy roller coaster of our weight loss journey.
  • Emma_Charlotte123
    Emma_Charlotte123 Posts: 65 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the UK....
  • yancystreet
    yancystreet Posts: 38 Member
    I am always open to new positive people in my friends stream. Join me!
  • affirmationguy
    affirmationguy Posts: 31 Member
    I am planning to add some of the people who posted recently in this thread.

I'll be doing this until I get it right.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Feel free to add me 👍
  • thebabadon
    thebabadon Posts: 28 Member
    Just joined. Feel free to add me.
  • southerman46
    southerman46 Posts: 828 Member
    👋👋
  • evahbuck
    evahbuck Posts: 12 Member
    Just “rejoined” to be accountable to my nutrition and training. 😃 Add me too!
  • mommydearest08
    mommydearest08 Posts: 2 Member
    Does it really help to add friends?
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Just joined for better diet and nutrition. Avid crossfitter !! Feel free to add me :)
  • donaldmackay12
    donaldmackay12 Posts: 125 Member
    Can be good to have someone different to chat to , but not just to make a list longer
  • jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Yes I agree support recipe ideas and telling each other your success and failures I being diabetic have learnt so much and want to help others. So yes adding friends is very good
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Always looking for more friends feel free to add me
  • dmunger71
    dmunger71 Posts: 14 Member
    Feel free to add me. 🙋‍♀️ just celebrated my one year anniversary on here.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Id love new friends!