where do you like to exercise - gym, home etc and why?

124»

Replies

• Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Gym - Its the only place I can get into the zone and push myself. At home, I always half *kitten* it
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Gym... I just don’t workout at home.. I always find something else to do! I also don’t work out as hard at home..
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    edited February 2020
    Definitely the gym
    I’m lucky to have one of the best gyms in the country on my doorstep, full of all the equipment you could ever dream of
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    Between the gym, outside and at home, each has it's advantages.
    At the gym, I feel I get the best workout. Any equipment I want is available to me. My gym is pretty cheap, only $10 a month. This is probably my favorite.
    I love walking outside and getting fresh air but that's not feasible all year for me. Any time it is at least 45 degrees, I try to go for a walk outside.
    At home, I can get in my workout in a short amount of time. I had an elliptical (sadly, it broke last week beyond repair) so I could hop on for 15 minutes here and there when I had time. And I could use the elliptical and my weights in front of the TV.
    For now, I go to the gym every morning before since my elliptical broke.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I have a decent home gym and certainly have got my monies worth with it, but I just love going to a gym with people, and better equipment. I generally workout with a friend or two and my workout room isn't sufficiently large enough for us.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    I exercise wherever I can carve out the time.
    Sometimes I run at the indoor track across the street from my office. Sometimes in the neighbourhood around my office or around my home. Sometimes I work out with videos in my basement. Sometimes I go to the gym.

I have no real preference - I just go where and when I can make the time.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    I love the gym but I have difficulty getting there and time constraint. I like home or walk outside or outdoor gym in parks. I also really like group classes it’s nice to be around others and to laugh at myself and others ( not in a bad way) when doing funny moves ( like Zumba) I like mostly a difficult teacher who makes us go hard easy teachers I don’t enjoy it as much 🤷🏻‍♀️. I love being outdoors good sun exposure and it helps my mood regulation.
  • canthony3505
    canthony3505 Posts: 35 Member
    Personally I'd rather be outside, but that's likely because I spend my days inside at a desk job. Fresh air and a little sunshine can do wonders for you.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    I actually bought myself a gym for my home. I enjoy it, because the music i working out to. I turn it up, so my neabor can't here me moaning an groaning during working out laughing out. An my bathroom is close. Laughing out loud
  • TealTaryn
    TealTaryn Posts: 3 Member
    I'm very lucky, I have a free gym I can use in work. It has a tonne of equipment and no ones uses it! I sign the key out and lock myself in.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited February 2020
    I find it really interesting how people make fitness part of their lives, in so many different ways......expensive gyms, free gyms, classes, videos at home, equipment at home, team sports, outdoors, indoors, with friends, in solitude, etc. It inspires me 🙂
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I prefer the gym as once I am there, I have no distractions. I do have some equipment at home and when I need to, I'll do stuff there, but honestly the gym works better for me.
  • Lanabanana42
    Lanabanana42 Posts: 13 Member
    Although I really like going to the gym, I caught community acquired pneumonia twice there. Once from a spin class and once during a yoga class. Flu season is brutal around here too and so many users seem to have no problem coming in and touching everything even when they are practically on deaths door, lol. Working out at home is just no interesting to me. So a couple of years ago I took up cycling. I started with a clunky mountain bike for a year or so then graduated to a lighter road bike. I cycle from spring to late fall and work my way up to a couple of hundred kms a week. My problem is I really slack off now in the winter as I no longer maintain a gym membership. I walk when the weather permits but lately its been way too cold. Honestly, I love cycling and look forward to the start of the season every year, but I know I need to up my game in the winter.
  • josaflenya
    josaflenya Posts: 2 Member
    I go to here for a while not join any gym yet.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    For my day to day workouts i prefer the gym just to have access to the variety of equipment and everything I'd want that day.

Right now, I'm working out at home as my new dog is struggling with some adjustment issues, and my current home doesn't have a yard or outdoor space for her (and I feel bad leaving her in the kennel more than I have to), so I'm working out at home.

I love hiking and going out on motorcycle rides and the track/racing, and I'm moving in a month to an area where I will have MUCH better access to those things, but those tend to be "in addition to" my 'regular' workouts. But I'll be getting a house with a yard and garage and will have more options for the dog without risking her destroying my house (working through some separation anxiety).
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    I prefer the gym, I push myself harder in a group workout. Plus I enjoy seeing others working hard to achieve their fitness goals.