MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    I really messed up last night. Every time I woke up I'd eat something. First time I had 2 brownies, second time (2 1/2 hours later) I had some ice cream. I don't know why I was so restless. I was mad at myself this morning for doing that the night before weigh-in, and also bc I messed up my fasting🥺 I'll log that stuff to my diary before I eat anything today so I can see where I'm at.
  • prowell57
    Congratulations team for coming in 2nd place!❤️
    @kayla7303, @Motiv8tedMom, @TeraBbreakingFree way to go🎉🎉
    @Katmary71 good job on the brownie and not giving in to temptations while cat setting!! I saw that episode of Dr Phil also. That lady was definitely obsessed with her steps and eating!
    @apple852hk awesome weigh-in, congrats👏🏻
    @mlhopp93 look at you go, fantastic👏🏻
    @its_cleo congrats on the weigh-in! It's a good feeling to see a number you haven't seen in a while ❤️
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

Super proud that our Team Slimpossibles came in 2nd place in team percentage and pounds lost!! Special congrats to @kayla7303, @Motiv8tedMom, @TeraBbreakingFree! Wayyyy to go ladies!! B) NOW I want everyone to work hard and let’s see if we can not only take the top place in weight loss but that we take the win for staying in the GREEN!!

@prowell57, yayyyy you lost weight this week and how awesome that you have gone down a size in clothes. I started out in a 22/24 and remember when I started going down in sizes. You will get to your size 10/12 if you don’t give up on yourself. Believe me that I’m telling myself the same thing! ;) I did quit smoking cold turkey and I didn’t turn to food, but I was very aware that I needed to be extra careful. It took about a month for the cravings to completely stop. Best decision I ever made.

@its_cleo, yeah you should be happy with that number. You have worked hard and it’s paid off! Sorry that the tendonitis is hurting you. Keep up with your exercises. :)

@mlhopp93, good weight loss this week! @broncobuddee will get your day changed to Saturday. :)

@apple852hk, Wow you had a great weight loss this week! Wayyy to keep it in the GREEN! B) Looks like you used good judgment with your eating, and it paid off. Keep it up!

@Katmary71, you are doing great getting your steps in. I like the idea of getting a 1000 steps in before you have your coffee. I could never become obsessed like that woman on Dr. Phil. I have no issue with walking and eating at the same time. :D

@raleighgirl09, I have a RENPHO scale that has an app on my phone linked to it and I do weigh every morning. I don’t let the fluctuations get to me since I’ve been doing this so long I’m used to it. I once tried to get rid of my scale for 30 days. It lasted about 13 days! :p I never weigh during the day because I drink wayyyy to much water and coffee and that wouldn’t help me at all.

Sunday check in:
    Hi everyone! I had a wonderful time at my ladies Bible conference. There were ten of us who went and we all loved the conference, time spent together talking and laughing, and of course, all the eating out. Sooooo much food!!! :o I drank way more coffee than water and the conference had tables set up all over the lobby filled with every kind of cookie, brownies and other yummy sweets you can imagine. So, yeah, the scale is up but I’m back on plan today. I also tested out a new workout program on Beachbody on Demand today. It’s called 100 Morning Meltdown and the workouts are only 30 minutes long instead of the hour-long ones I’ve been doing with 80 Day Obsession. With my mom moving in and all the other stuff I have going on I think this might fit me better for right now. I also need to get back on track with my accountability posting and habit tracking. I have been badly slacking and that is really unacceptable. :/

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Must be Sunday! Lots of messages from the moderators :smile:

Registration for the March F2F challenge is OPEN! Please do NOT re-register if you are just continuing on. Do nothing, and you will automatically stay on the team for March.

For NEW people - the registration thread is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786420/fat-2-fit-registration-for-march-2020#latest

Please share this link with your friends and on other discussions. Let's bring in a few new members!
  • prowell57
    Sunday check-in
    Feb 23, 2020
    Calories- over
    Exercise- 0
    Water- under

Habits/Goals
    Keep carbs below 50g ✖️
    Drink 64 oz water ✖️
    Exercise 3x weekly 0/3
    Fast 12 hrs daily ✖️
    Cut back on smoking ✔️ stayed within my limit today.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    User name: Cornanda
    Weigh in day: Friday
    week 3
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 185.1
  • Cornanda
    Steps:
    2/16: 9027
    2/17: 11690
    2/18:9470
    2/19: 9076
    2/20: 6177
    2/21: 10372
    2/22: 18532
  • Cornanda
    I've been bad about checking in this week and I really miss it. Will see you every day this week!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Step Challenge 2/22 - 13979
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sheesh. I've had a crazy couple of weeks but didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in. Sorry @TeresaW1020

Steps:
    2/10: 14877
    2/11:15411
    2/12: 16307
    2/13: 13967
    2/14: 17473
    2/15: 6253
    2/16: 4357
    2/17: 12587
    2/18: 13419
    2/19: 15920
    2/20: 15871
    2/21: 15161
    2/22: 16963
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @davors19 good job maintaining!

@apple852hk awesome loss!

@mlhopp93 2lbs down! Have a great trip!

@its_cleo nice loss, I hope you had a great day! I'm sorry your tendonitis isn't improving, is there anything else that might help?

Congratulations @kayla7303 @Motiv8tedMom and @TeraBbreakingFree ! Go team!

• Katmary71
    @prowell57 for having a tough night you had a great weigh in! Now that I have a Fitbit I wish I'd watched more than the beginning of that episode! Way to go for staying within your smoking goal.

@TeresaW1020 glad you had a wonderful weekend! Having the option to choose shorter workouts helps a lot. I don't think I'd have started yoga if it wasn't 15-30 minutes.

@Cornanda good loss! You killed it on steps today, wow!

@Jactop another amazing stepper! I feel like a slacker at 15,000 today!
  • Katmary71
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, strength, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    Cardio 30 min- done
    Strength/core- done
    Yoga- done
    Decluttering- none today
    Recipe- still counting soy ginger salmon, have a couple recipes for later this week to choose from

Well, I'm really getting frustrated. I meet with a nurse once a month for medicine check ups and my blood pressure is taken. The last two appointments I went from lowish/normal blood pressure to high blood pressure and even had it retaken last time. There was a nurse checking people's blood pressure after church today and it's high again (she was concerned about my having a low resting pulse rate but that's normal). All that has changed the last few months is drinking a protein drink and having popcorn (do put a little salt on it) and doing yoga. I eat a lot of whole foods but do have canned tuna or chicken, salad dressing, yogurt, and use some salt on oatmeal so there's something I can do. I just don't get why after losing a ton of weight, working out every day, and eating healthy it shoots up out of nowhere. Sorry for the rant!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Steps for 2/23 - 7797
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    02/23/20
    Username: Vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh in Week: 3
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 197.6
    Today's Weight: 199.2
  • TeraBbreakingFree
    TeraBbreakingFree Posts: 15 Member
    TeraBbreakingFree
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 167.8
    2/17: 10,518
    2/18: 8,562
    2/19: 10,584
    2/20: 5,593
    2/21: 7,020
    2/22: 3,014
    2/23: 5,276

This week was another tough one. Even though I have a good loss number its because me and all the kids got strep. So not much eating or moving going on and a whole lot of fever sweating. I'm hoping that now that we are all on antibiotics starting to feel better I can continue to keep the weight off. My husband comes home this week!!! Kids are all excited to get dad back. I currently have nothing that fits me but workout clothes so I need to go shopping. I can't believe I made 3rd and the team made 2nd! Woop woop 🥳
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 700 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday checkin
    Steps 02/21 3,581 - 02/22 14,435 - 02/23 9,276

So many great weigh ins, you guys rock! @prowell57 @its_cleo @mlhopp93 @Apple852hk @davors19 @digger_61 @vanjan14 @cornanda @nbbaby @TeraBbreakingFree

@wrknonmedaily @Vegan4lyfe2012 - we'll get it back to the green!! =>

I have a terrible headache so just touching in. => Some days over on cals, some under. I think today will be under. Had an intense conversation and dredged up a lot of crap last night and went from a great day to melting chocolate chips in the microwave and adding almonds to it. Uhhhhh - yeah.
  • Cornanda
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Sunday check-in

Well, I'm really getting frustrated. I meet with a nurse once a month for medicine check ups and my blood pressure is taken. The last two appointments I went from lowish/normal blood pressure to high blood pressure and even had it retaken last time. There was a nurse checking people's blood pressure after church today and it's high again (she was concerned about my having a low resting pulse rate but that's normal). All that has changed the last few months is drinking a protein drink and having popcorn (do put a little salt on it) and doing yoga. I eat a lot of whole foods but do have canned tuna or chicken, salad dressing, yogurt, and use some salt on oatmeal so there's something I can do. I just don't get why after losing a ton of weight, working out every day, and eating healthy it shoots up out of nowhere. Sorry for the rant!

I am dealing with BP issues too- since Dec. It's always higher at the doctor, and some of the people there do not use proper technique for taking it. (I'm an RN). Left arm, the tube needs to be placed on the inside part of your elbow, feet flat on the floor, no crossed legs. Your elbow should be supported and relaxed, and at heart level. (if you're sitting in a chair, it needs to be propped up) If they use a digital cuff and it's high, they should recheck it manually. No tight rolled up sleeves. This stuff may sound small, but it can make a difference in readings. It IS frustrating when you are working so hard on your health and these things happen. Hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.