Getting fit for my mental health

Hey everyone,

I'm Sinead 👋

After a very difficult few years I found myself spiralling into depression and have to regain control of my mind and body so here I am!

I've used MFP before to help me lose weight and while I would like to lose a wee bit of weight it's more about healthy eating for mind and body, regular exercise and accountability. Losing the weight I've put on through eating too much / hibernating due to depression will hopefully also help my self esteem. It's a win-win! I've a brilliant personal trainer who has been there for me on and off through everything and keeps me right but it would be wonderful to have some friends on here with similar goals so we can support and motivate each other and keep each other accountable to our goals.

Feel free to add me 😁

Sinead

Replies

• Johnisfat42
    Johnisfat42 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi sinead. I'm going through the same thing as you...add me if you like
  • sheltieaddict
    sheltieaddict Posts: 3 Member
    Feel free to add me, I’m in similar boat. I gained 70+ lbs when my depression spiraled out of control and I’ve failed at crash diets, fasting,etc so I’m finally in the mindset to lose it slowly but healthily too.
  • bgsantander
    bgsantander Posts: 1 Member
    Struggling with depression too. Need more motivation to work out! Nice to meet you. Barbara
  • kirinXO
    kirinXO Posts: 3 Member
    Feel free to add me! I overcame agoraphobia a couple of years back through good nutrition and exercise, now I’m back to help improve my mental health yet again ☺️
  • latinavegana
    latinavegana Posts: 10 Member
    kirinXO wrote: »
    Feel free to add me! I overcame agoraphobia a couple of years back through good nutrition and exercise, now I’m back to help improve my mental health yet again ☺️

Me too!
  • sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    Hi everyone 👋👋👋 thanks for all your messages and requests and look forward to following your progress. It's nice to know we're not alone, eh?
  • sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    I’m finally in the mindset to lose it slowly but healthily too.

Slow and steady ❤

I'm done with racing through life, diets, whatever to keep up with others, everything at my own pace.