Last film you saw...

Replies

• heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Birds of Prey
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Honeyland (2019)

Beautifully filmed documentary about, well, life and death, basically. Somewhat depressing, yet inspiring at the same time.

That really sums it up! I liked it but found it exhausting...mostly in a good way.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited February 2020
    Omo Child ... I am extremely rattled by this documentary film. There is no such thing as "cursed children"! Culture is culture yes, however antiquated practices drastically need to be phased out.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    American Factory
  • 777Gemma888
    ilfaith wrote: »
    American Factory

I liked it. The wealthy like Cao Dewang need to be 100x and injected into financially depressed communities . A welcome change viewing the reversal of what has become the norm - outsourcing jobs to China.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    My life flashing before my eyes bc a stupid driver changed lanes and wasn’t looking.
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    Omo Child ... I am extremely rattled by this documentary film. There is no such thing as "cursed children"! Culture is culture yes, however antiquated practices drastically need to be phased out.

This sounds interesting. I love documentaries. I will go search this one out. Thanks.
    My life flashing before my eyes bc a stupid driver changed lanes and wasn’t looking.

Oh no! Haha! Don’t mean to laugh, but the way you delivered it in a movie thread was very witty.

• 777Gemma888

This sounds interesting. I love documentaries. I will go search this one out. Thanks.

Watched it on Amazon Prime Videos.
  • Maesneuadd
    Maesneuadd Posts: 61 Member
    The legend of Barney Thomson.

Robert Carlyle's debut as a director. A black comedy which is full of laughs and proves Emma Thomson can really act. Available on Amazon Prime
  • my_gatorgirl_8
    my_gatorgirl_8 Posts: 125 Member
    edited February 2020
    CALL OF THE WILD.
    ..good movie, but was expecting a different ending.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    21 Bridges.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Big Hero 6..
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    The Wedding Guest
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    MV5BMDM5Mzk1NmEtZmFmNS00MjA4LThiYzItYjk0MzhlMDQwZTUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg1NjIxODQ@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Parasite.
    Mehhhhhhhhhhhh no idea what the hype is about. Its not a bad but also not a great movie as many make it out to be.

Parasite?

I haven't yet seen it. **hangs head in shame

that being said, I felt the same way about 'Birdman'; then I watched it a second time.

then I watched it a third time.

Birdman is amazing and the award of 'best picture' was well deserved.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @just_Tomek We need a rewatch party. Stat! lol I thought it was great for the different ways that different people can view the story. Who was the "parasite?"

@Motorsheen Agreed on Birdman as I couldn't get through it. So I may give it a second chance based on your comment.
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    The Irishman. Good film but way to long in my opinion
  • donaldmackay12
    donaldmackay12 Posts: 125 Member
    Just watched the new Jumanji last night ,
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    edited February 2020
    Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Hepburn, Tracy, Poitier. Excellent!
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    American psycho

I loved that movie!