60 yrs and up

Replies

• gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you for responding, I will definitely use your information.
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    annliz23 WTG ;)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :'( internet down at my house. Will respond more when it's back up
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning 60 and uppers :)j29t, I'm inspired by your food prep, the hike and your attitude... what a wonderful place to go hiking, you go girl :obarbiecat, technology is a marvelous thing when it works :/ I hope you're up and running soon (hug) bacpath, wow, look at you, one day at a time, you rock :D It has been going well with me, sticking to my food plan and getting in some good exercise time, even if it is in the house for the most part. I started setting a timer so I am not spending excessive time sitting B)

Have a wonderful day everyone ;)

Shout out to my friends <3
  • barbiecat
    :) In spite of being without TV for most of the day yesterday and without internet for over 24 hours, my cable company gets high praise from me for their customer service during the outage. It was so easy to find out first that the lack of service was the system and not just my house, second that there was a projected time for return to service, and third that they would call me when service was restored if I wanted them to. I use my computer and the internet for many business related tasks that can't be completed on my phone. Today I am a happy techno-lover.

:) When I started on MFP, I stuck very carefully to the calories allotted to me and didn't add exercise calories until the day that I walked for two hours in the morning and came home feeling faint and dizzy. That's when I realized that I'd need to have more fuel if I planned to be more active. When I was recovering from spine surgery and could barely walk for five minutes indoors with a walker, I stayed at 1200 calories, but now that I walk for about three hours and ride my exercise bike for another three hours, I consume many more calories. It makes perfect sense to me.

:)j29t what a beautiful place to take a hike.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    1OldSailor wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I guess I'm here for a bit of a different reason than most, but I'm 61 and am good at providing support as well as needing some myself from time to time. I said my reasons are a bit different. I don't really need to lose weight although 10-15 pounds wouldn't hurt. No, I have to track my nutrients carefully as I just lost my right Kidney to cancer. They never tell you the lifestyle changes you need to make up front before surgery, but afterwards.... Keep Protein intake to less than 60 grams a day, <2000 mg Potassium per day, <2500 mg Sodium per day, 70 - 80% carbs, no red meat, no alcohol, etc..... All to keep the remaining Kidney healthy. I feel like I need to learn how to eat all over again. I've used MFP before, off and on, in an effort to keep carbs down. Now I'm back and it really is to get, be, stay healthy this time.

:) Your reasons are as compelling as anyone else's. Having to learn to live with and love a new way of eating is a huge challenge. The motivation and the consequences are equally important. I hope you will keep coming back.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Hello 1OldSailor - welcome! I think you will find the folks here very supportive and encouraging.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    1OldSailor wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I guess I'm here for a bit of a different reason than most, but I'm 61 and am good at providing support as well as needing some myself from time to time. I said my reasons are a bit different. I don't really need to lose weight although 10-15 pounds wouldn't hurt. No, I have to track my nutrients carefully as I just lost my right Kidney to cancer. They never tell you the lifestyle changes you need to make up front before surgery, but afterwards.... Keep Protein intake to less than 60 grams a day, <2000 mg Potassium per day, <2500 mg Sodium per day, 70 - 80% carbs, no red meat, no alcohol, etc..... All to keep the remaining Kidney healthy. I feel like I need to learn how to eat all over again. I've used MFP before, off and on, in an effort to keep carbs down. Now I'm back and it really is to get, be, stay healthy this time.

Good luck with your goals
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Happy Mardi Gras everyone.

No King cake on my tracker this year, just not worth the calories. Walked to the gym yesterday and worked with light weights and bicycle. After dinner I clicked on NOLA.com to watch some of the Mardi Gras parades, put on my Mardi Gras beads and got in some extra steps sashaying and marching along with the bands parading down St Charles in New Orleans.

@1OldSailor welcome. I hope MFP helps make your lifestyle changes easier to manage.

Thanks for the kind words y'all. Enjoy your day.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler
    (Let the good times roll)
  • barbiecat
    xxBillx wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Male starting over at 68 years. Need to lose 140 lb. Anyone can add me, need all the help I can get. Thanks

:) Welcome. I found that being part of a thread like this was helpful. I hope you will keep coming back. It helped me to log food every day and learn more about the nutrients and calories so I could make changes to get the most nutrition from the fewest calories. I also seek every opportunity to be active. I found MFP at age 62 after many failed attempts to lose weight. This time I found a plan that worked for me.

Barbie from NW WA
  • xxBillx
    xxBillx Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks. I am trying to figure out the proper way to add friends..I don't think I am doing it right. I have just been sending messages. Is that how?
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    Good morning, everyone! Happy Dance (just because). :)62pjo127hofq.png