Well on the way

Lietchi
Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
So I started my weight loss journey at the end of July, a bit coincidentally. No grand decision to turn my health around or anything. I saw an add for Noom, thought it looked interesting, tried that for a few weeks but didn't like it. And then ended up here at MFP while looking for an alternative.

Over 200 days later and I'm really happy!

Starting weight: 94,2kg (208lbs) - BMI: over 34
Current weight: 80,5kg (178lbs) - BMI: under 30

I'm not sure about my 'final' goal weight yet, at the moment I'm aiming to have a BMI under 25, so I'm about halfway there.

And to be honest, I'm surprised how easy it has been!

Slow and steady wins the race, is my motto. I was aiming for a 0,25kg (0,5lb) loss a week, but I've actually exceeded that.

I'm out of the plus size range for clothing, I'm feeling a lot fitter (thanks to regular cardio) and feeling a lot healthier. All by being more active and counting my calories, without depriving myself of the foods I like.

Pictures for proof:

Before:

47lt6o9ofpk8.jpg

Now:

h7bnr5cife2d.jpg

Next step: lose the rest of the weight, but also improve my fitness further (jogging) and improve my body composition. I'm optimistic!

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Well done, way to put in the work!
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 329 Member
    Great progress!
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Absolutely wonderful! I found couch to 5k (I used the NHS one, but there are LOADS out there) a really good way to get my body into running. Even running slowly, which some days I absolutely do...

Brilliant work!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    katsheare wrote: »
    I found couch to 5k (I used the NHS one, but there are LOADS out there) a really good way to get my body into running. Even running slowly, which some days I absolutely do...

The funny thing is that I did C25K 5 or 6 years ago, but even after that I never really got into running.

So when I started my weight loss last August I focused on treadmill walks, increasing incline, speed and duration gradually.
    A few months ago, I decided to give running another go and to my surprise I was able to skip C25K, already being able to jog 30 minutes non-stop during my first run. I can now jog for over an hour non-stop, so I'd like to start focusing on increasing my speed, since I'm still 'ridiculously' slow :smile:

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    katsheare wrote: »
    I found couch to 5k (I used the NHS one, but there are LOADS out there) a really good way to get my body into running. Even running slowly, which some days I absolutely do...

The funny thing is that I did C25K 5 or 6 years ago, but even after that I never really got into running.

So when I started my weight loss last August I focused on treadmill walks, increasing incline, speed and duration gradually.
    A few months ago, I decided to give running another go and to my surprise I was able to skip C25K, already being able to jog 30 minutes non-stop during my first run. I can now jog for over an hour non-stop, so I'd like to start focusing on increasing my speed, since I'm still 'ridiculously' slow :smile:

I would imagine that you sort of did the structure of C25K without being guided through it. And there are certainly people who finish C25K and say 'thank goodness that's done, never again!'

Best wishes on increasing your pace, though!!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    wtg
  • sheloco89
    sheloco89 Posts: 24 Member
    Great job! 🙂
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!