I know you'll understand

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    some people are just difficult, enjoy your weight loss
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    You're doing so well - don't let that rude person rain on your parade!
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Today I got weighed and since starting MFP I have lost 38lbs. I have a lot to lose so it's not really showing yet. The only comment I've had was negative. I told someone that I'd lost 38lbs only to be told, 'Well you have a long way to go.' Yes I know I have a long way to go but I need to celebrate 38lbs. So I'm asking you to celebrate with me because you all know how much effort I've had to put in to lose that amount.

I have to lose at least 90lb and when I lost my first 5 lb I was celebrating, so you’re doing great job don’t let anyone stopping you to reach your goal and congratulations on that weight you lost 💪👍
  • LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    Just adding to the chorus of support -- 38 lbs is outstanding work. So glad you posted here!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Congrats on losing 38lbs... that is a great accomplishment ..... tune out the negative ones and keep doing what you are doing ...hugs
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Whatever the reason for the negative comment was, don't let that stop you. 38 pounds lost is a due cause for celebration! Congratulations! :)

As for the jeans "problem"... it feels great, doesn't it? At least for me, it's one of my favorite "problems" to have ever since I started my weight loss. ;)
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Go to the grocery store and pick up a bag of something as close to 38 lbs as you can. Maybe a big bag of dog food or potatoes. That is a lot of weight. You are a winner Vampire Queen! I hope you will continue to be motivated by your success so far.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    38 lbs is a lot of weight. You should feel great about that!
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    38 lbs down is AMAZING!! You should be really proud of yourself! That is heartbreaking that someone said that to you, I am sorry you had to experience that. I had an unsupportive roommate while I was counting calories and I felt like she was trying to derail me with baking a lot of sweets. It was hard, but I got through it! You got this!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    That person was probably jealous. Nice work on 38lbs. That is amazing progress!
  • knightmagic
    knightmagic Posts: 100 Member
    Celebrate every single win no matter how big or small! Those who don't celebrate or care have more underlining issues that are not your problem. You got this! Super proud of you! I was stuck at 295 for over 6 weeks. I kept at it and broke the plateau. The old me would have given up. What would the new you say to the old you in this situation?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!