Muscular healthy weight

Options
I am over halfway into my weightless journey and have started training. I am 5'9 and had an original goal of getting to 69kg. My weight is going down slower but my body is definitely looking better... Is 69kg a good weight goal if I want an athletic body?

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body type, bone structure, and composition.

I'm also 5'9 and at 172lbs (~78kg), I have been a US size 14 AND a US size 8. 3 sizes different at the exact same wieght! Yay Muscle! The first time I lost weight, not much muscle yet, 145 (66kg) looked best on me IMO. Size 6. 140 started looking "ribby" so I gained some weight back
    zm5030bich1p.jpg

Me at 150 with recomp:
    ig3idxe00h9w.jpg

This time since my starting size is so much smaller, even though weight was higher, I'm guessing that my goal is closer to 155, but I'm not sure. Already a comfortable size 8 at 169.

So, I'd say 150 is an appropriate goal, but measurements/size/mirror will be the real tell.

Good luck, and congrats on your progress!!!

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    LeanVeen wrote: »
    I am over halfway into my weightless journey and have started training. I am 5'9 and had an original goal of getting to 69kg. My weight is going down slower but my body is definitely looking better... Is 69kg a good weight goal if I want an athletic body?

It all depends on yr personal preference and definitions of athletic vary. Yr frame size as well will make a difference and how much muscle you have.

I’m quite small framed half an inch shorter than you and currently 138 pounds/ 62 kg. I’m bulking after ; years recomping at around this weight. I’ll try and post some pics.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    us784ekhtqpf.jpeg
    I don’t know if these will upload. I think I’m too slender here. Hence the bulk.